What drone to buy
576 17 2022-1-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SwiftDrone
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi Folks

I am totally new to flying Drone and love the idea of flying one really can't wait to get one. At the back of my mind I'm thinking I would love to do this for a living in the future (who knows)so .... What would be the best Drone to buy first? Any advise would be very welcome
2022-1-22
Use props
djiuser_S9lX1CEdQ6Qk
lvl.2
Flight distance : 105049 ft
United States

For fun? = FPV. For something commercial = not FPV.
2022-1-22
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Hope that you could get the best recommendation from our fellow DJI Pilots here in Forum. In addition, you may access the link below to compare all of our available consumer drones and check the best one base on your needs. Thank you for your valued support.

https://www.dji.com/products/comparison-consumer-drones
2022-1-22
Use props
Dakilla
lvl.3
France

Really depends of what you want to do :

If you want to fly easely, exploring the world and doing some video/photo, dynamic tracking, waypoints mission, panorama, etc, look at the mavic models.

If you want to fly in a more immersive way, doing some more acrobatics flights and video footages, get more fun feelings, look at the fpv model.  Beware that this requires a particular style of piloting which requires a certain investment and where you will have to train on a simulator before mastering.
2022-1-22
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

Drone jobs are an on-call type of job.  There is an inherent risk of life changing effects if things go wrong.  It can also get boring to fly and dangerous to fly as you have to enter into "do what you gotta do" mode taking all the experience you have accumulated and more to not crash and please your client.  If you do everything how I do it, nothing will go wrong.
2022-1-23
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

As you are in the UK the new EASA rules limit how close you can fly to structures/people/parks/beaches etc so the most flexible drone in the Mini2
2022-1-23
Use props
SwiftDrone
lvl.1

United Kingdom

djiuser_S9lX1CEdQ6Qk Posted at 1-22 14:27
For fun? = FPV. For something commercial = not FPV.

Thank you for your advise
2022-1-23
Use props
SwiftDrone
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Dakilla Posted at 1-22 23:46

If you want to fly easely, exploring the world and doing some video/photo, dynamic tracking, waypoints mission, panorama, etc, look at the mavic models.

Thats really good advise ... I am very thankful and will take on board all you have said .. cheers
2022-1-23
Use props
SwiftDrone
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 1-23 01:54
As you are in the UK the new EASA rules limit how close you can fly to structures/people/parks/beaches etc so the most flexible drone in the Mini2

Cheers ... Thanks for your advise
2022-1-23
Use props
SwiftDrone
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Dakilla Posted at 1-22 23:46

Thats really good advise ... Thank you and I will take on board all you have said
2022-1-23
Use props
SwiftDrone
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DJI Paladin Posted at 1-22 19:45
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Hope that you could get the best recommendation from our fellow DJI Pilots here in Forum. In addition, you may access the link below to compare all of our available consumer drones and check the best one base on your needs. Thank you for your valued support.

https://www.dji.com/products/comparison-consumer-drones

Cheers ... i am so grateful for all the advise I am getting
2022-1-23
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

If you are not in a hurry to buy you might hold out and see what the Mini 3 brings to market.  Rumored to be out in Mar/Apr timeframe.  

If you go the FPV route remember that you will need a spotter with you.
2022-1-23
Use props
SwiftDrone
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 1-23 03:41
If you are not in a hurry to buy you might hold out and see what the Mini 3 brings to market.  Rumored to be out in Mar/Apr timeframe.  

If you go the FPV route remember that you will need a spotter with you.

OK that's really helpful ... I'll take that onboard ... thanks
2022-1-23
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

SwiftDrone Posted at 1-23 02:52
Cheers ... Thanks for your advise

No probs Swift drone,   things are a bit merky here until the classification labels start being applied.
2022-1-24
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

SwiftDrone Posted at 1-23 06:00
OK that's really helpful ... I'll take that onboard ... thanks

You're most welcome.  

Best of luck in making your final decision.  I'm sure you will love drone flying.  
2022-1-24
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

SwiftDrone Posted at 1-23 02:56
Cheers ... i am so grateful for all the advise I am getting

You are most welcome. Please enjoy your stay here at DJI Forum and hope you will get your drone soon. Take care always!
2022-1-24
Use props
SwiftDrone
lvl.1

United Kingdom

AntDX316 Posted at 1-23 00:50
Drone jobs are an on-call type of job.  There is an inherent risk of life changing effects if things go wrong.  It can also get boring to fly and dangerous to fly as you have to enter into "do what you gotta do" mode taking all the experience you have accumulated and more to not crash and please your client.  If you do everything how I do it, nothing will go wrong.

Thank you for the advise it was very helpful. You sound like fly drones  it for a living and you know what you're talking about.  When you say "do everything like I do" what do you mean?
2022-2-20
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

SwiftDrone Posted at 2-20 10:01
Thank you for the advise it was very helpful. You sound like fly drones  it for a living and you know what you're talking about.  When you say "do everything like I do" what do you mean?

How I do it means you won't crash if you don't deviate from "how I do it".  Other people could do it different and vulnerable, not doing checks or "flying too too risky".  I fly risky at times too but with good discernment nothing would hopefully go wrong.  I've taught this to my clients and they've never crashed, but during the times I had to argue with them hard what not to do, they try it a bit or not at all and realize I am right.
2022-2-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules