706 13 2022-1-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AntDX316
First Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

They put a lot of background stuff at the Church that makes AWB ugly and trying to adjust the WB settings for green/purple or blue/orange on new pan positions, every time I touch the camera it moves the recording.  Now I can do it all without touching the camera And the color spectrum that shows makes it easier to know where the adjustments should be made!

Oh yeah.. there are a lot of other things to adjust including all the basic stuff.
2022-1-22
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Very cool.
2022-1-23
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

The color shifts is super bad on auto, it looks sometimes super orange and even with the blue cranked to -7.00.  That is fixed by going down on the xxxxK but trying to do that from adjusting the color dot of AB GM? is going to introduce a lot of movement from all the button pressings.  Going from K to AB GM back and forth is not good.  This is 100% the solution as it's all on the same screen!
2022-1-23
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Looks nice.
2022-1-30
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

yeah, auto was bad.. found out after it being Incredibly easy to tune 2800k and w/e settings I had dialed was the best.  I forgot the smartphone at home and didn't have it with me.  You can't easily change the xxxxK and those other 2 settings easily because you have to go in and out of the menu to experiment.
2022-1-30
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

AntDX316 Posted at 1-30 17:48
yeah, auto was bad.. found out after it being Incredibly easy to tune 2800k and w/e settings I had dialed was the best.  I forgot the smartphone at home and didn't have it with me.  You can't easily change the xxxxK and those other 2 settings easily because you have to go in and out of the menu to experiment.

That is a shame
2022-1-30
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Probably all cameras are like that.  It's like using the on-board audio of the camera instead of using say a shotgun condenser.  The difference is incredible.

Being able to adjust WB and see the color waveform live while seeing the feed is just the greatest most underrated possibility that Most people have no idea about.  I usually just keep the colors messed up on RAW photo but if you are doing video, if you do not get your colors right especially when not shooting 10-bit+ LOG it will be ugly.  This makes how it Should look while recording!
2022-1-31
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

AntDX316 Posted at 1-31 02:11
Probably all cameras are like that.  It's like using the on-board audio of the camera instead of using say a shotgun condenser.  The difference is incredible.

Being able to adjust WB and see the color waveform live while seeing the feed is just the greatest most underrated possibility that Most people have no idea about.  I usually just keep the colors messed up on RAW photo but if you are doing video, if you do not get your colors right especially when not shooting 10-bit+ LOG it will be ugly.  This makes how it Should look while recording!

For me this is not an issue.
I never get the WB wrong.
At least not on my DJI products.
And not on my DSLR either.
2022-1-31
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 1-31 04:47
For me this is not an issue.
I never get the WB wrong.
At least not on my DJI products.

I meant while "live", not in post.
2022-2-1
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

AntDX316 Posted at 2-1 00:20
I meant while "live", not in post.

That is what I ment too
2022-2-1
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 2-1 01:01
That is what I ment too

but most likely you aren't transitioning from crazy AWB scenes
2022-2-1
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

AntDX316 Posted at 2-1 01:26
but most likely you aren't transitioning from crazy AWB scenes

Well, I have to say 95% I'm on AWB. But Nikon does a good job at that.
Especially with the more recent DSLR (D750 and above)
2022-2-1
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 2-1 01:28
Well, I have to say 95% I'm on AWB. But Nikon does a good job at that.
Especially with the more recent DSLR (D750 and above)

When you are outside of course it should.  I'm shooting indoors and in lighting where AWB doesn't work and most likely all cameras would also be setting the wrong setting.
2022-2-1
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

AntDX316 Posted at 2-1 16:48
When you are outside of course it should.  I'm shooting indoors and in lighting where AWB doesn't work and most likely all cameras would also be setting the wrong setting.

Not sure if you use Nikon, but my D750 is usually spot on.
2022-2-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules