2 motors warmer then the other 2
383 12 2022-1-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
marciano
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8748281 ft
Uruguay

I've found that both rear motors were warmer than the front ones after landing.
I haven't check it regularly but I found that 2 times I noticed that.
Is this a regular behavior?
2022-1-23
Use props
Elevated Camera
Second Officer
Australia

If you were flying mostly forward then in theory yes, as the back motors would have to spin quicker to pitch your craft's front down for it to fly forward. That being said I haven't noticed this on my drone just yet.
2022-1-23
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Back motors drive craft forward  IMU instructs these to work harder than front to move forward. Going straight up or straight down motors should be working at the same pace .
2022-1-23
Use props
Tony64
lvl.4
Flight distance : 65574 ft
United Kingdom

Agree would make sense for the back motors working harder than front in forward motion, given that we fly the drone forward in nearly all scenarios this would be normal
2022-1-23
Use props
NGC
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50003 ft
  • >>>
United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2022-1-23
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Tony64 Posted at 1-23 15:54
Agree would make sense for the back motors working harder than front in forward motion, given that we fly the drone forward in nearly all scenarios this would be normal

Thats how the drone works basically main controller board sends message trough IMU to speed up back props to propel craft forward, opposite to fly backwards and similar to fly left right . So many will fly home in forward mode so at this particular time its most likely back motors will be warmer than front. But its very seldom that motors will be so hot that you couldn’t touch them if you leave for 10/15 seconds .
2022-1-23
Use props
NGC
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50003 ft
  • >>>
United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2022-1-23
Use props
marciano
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8748281 ft
Uruguay

Well, last flight was short and only ascending from home point around 30m, taking some pics and the descending. It was very hot here, 40ºC,  but I noticed the difference between both couple of motors
2022-1-23
Use props
Bob-Mini-2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 73114 ft
United States

I agree with NGC, depends on how YOU are flying it.  I have NEVER had ANY of the motors even get warm.  Bet some are thinking:  "How can that be?"
Simple, I dp not fly it that often or long.  Wish I could - believe me.  Still getting treatment for eyes.

2022-1-23
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

marciano Posted at 1-23 16:34
Well, last flight was short and only ascending from home point around 30m, taking some pics and the descending. It was very hot here, 40ºC,  but I noticed the difference between both couple of motors

Like how hot ? In order to go up or down your motors must work relatively the same otherwise your craft would not stay level or straight.

So maybe get something to measure the heat if you really think you have a problem.
2022-1-23
Use props
Tony64
lvl.4
Flight distance : 65574 ft
United Kingdom

NGC Posted at 1-23 16:22
I remember once Hallmark spent hours trying to “fix” his Mavic 3 because he couldn’t find an option to shoot RAW photos. He reinstalled firmware over and over again and claimed he found a “bug”. Turns out, he was only using the top tiny camera on the M3.

And you needed to post this Why ? as mentioned in prior to this, if you have nothing positive to say then say nothing at all, you are as welcome as a dog s h i t on a shoe, so do one.
2022-1-23
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

On a related subject, I assumed that Hallmark was right about the rear motors going faster so I went outside tonight to prove it to myself. However I saw some unexpected results. I did a simple MA2 flight where the MA2 rose up to 100 feet and then went forward at full speed in N mode for a few seconds, then came back in reverse. The DAT file indicated that the front motors were at higher rotational speed than the rear motors when going forward. The opposite was true when going backwards. Huh.

So I think the motors on the end going into the apparent wind have to be be going faster while the ones in the draft are going slower. If the rear motors are warmer it may just be due to not getting as much airflow as the ones in the front.
https://app.airdata.com/share/nZpebc

MA2 motor test.png
2022-1-23
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there marciano. Thank you for reaching out and for giving out these information. May we please know if you are receiving any error message on the DJI Fly application when this is happening? Thank you.
2022-1-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules