Is DJI going to utilize their own SDK?
507 8 2022-1-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Famous
lvl.2
Flight distance : 22790906 ft
United States

For the life of me, I cannot understand why the DJI Fly app does not have any new features first before the third party apps.
Are they ever going to support waypoints, tracking, and other new features in the DJI app?
If not, why?
Why would they want us to buy a 3rd party app to get these features?
2022-1-23
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 10017858 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

is this not normal with tech companies, many apps that work on Apple phones and computers are third party. Dji have waypoints on some drones, but they could never compete with companies like Litchi who’s app costs $25 once off. I would like them to improve features of their cameras first.
2022-1-23
Use props
Famous
lvl.2
Flight distance : 22790906 ft
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 1-23 16:36
is this not normal with tech companies, many apps that work on Apple phones and computers are third party. Dji have waypoints on some drones, but they could never compete with companies like Litchi who’s app costs $25 once off. I would like them to improve features of their cameras first.
Like what, for the camera? I mean, surely they know how to use their own SDK.
2022-1-23
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Famous. Good day and thank you for giving out these information. As of the moment, we do not have any information with DJI's future update for the DJI Fly application, DJI releases and with regards to this inquiry. Kindly please stay tuned to the latest updates by subscribing to DJI official website at www.dji.com or following us on social media ( Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DJI , Twitter: https://twitter.com/djiglobal , YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/djiinnovations ). Thank you.
2022-1-23
Use props
KlooGee
First Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

They would be insane to not encourage 3rd party developers to add to their ecosystem. Why would they not want someone else to add features to their hardware that they don’t have to spend the engineering resources to develop themselves?  From DJI’s perspective, it’s a win-win to have Litchi and others build those features.
2022-1-23
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

KlooGee Posted at 1-23 21:20
They would be insane to not encourage 3rd party developers to add to their ecosystem. Why would they not want someone else to add features to their hardware that they don’t have to spend the engineering resources to develop themselves?  From DJI’s perspective, it’s a win-win to have Litchi and others build those features.

Doesnt make a lot of sense to me, seen as the warranty is void if we use 3rd party apps
2022-1-23
Use props
JohnDG
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1097270 ft
Malaysia

Well, Fly 1 5.8 is out.

Extra features for the M3, nothing mentioned anything new for Mini2.
2022-1-23
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thos features are used to differentiate the different models. Aka to makes you spend more.
2022-1-24
Use props
Tuxtard
Second Officer
Flight distance : 9975610 ft
Serbia

Guys, SDK does not magically provide waypoint or tracking abilities. SDK is just interface that enables third party developers to connect and use drone already existing features. Other DJI drones have tracking and waypoints built in the drone unit itself and in this case the drone is processing the tracking and waypoint data. Litchi and other 3rd party apps for Mini drones provide these features in a completely different way. In this case your phone is processing waypoints and tracking data by analyzing image and GPS data from the drone and moving the drone by sending simulated stick movement instructions. That's why waypoint and tracking features from 3rd party apps are not smooth. Because of the lag that is created by processing these instructions on the phone and not the drone you get stutters and jitters all around.
2022-1-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules