SD Card won't read in PC after formatting in Air 2S
5039 13 2022-1-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FireJay27
lvl.1
Flight distance : 38104 ft
United States

Just bought a brand new A2S from B&H with the RC Pro along with a new Sandisk 256 Ultra SD card. Charged everything, did all the firmware updates, checked all my remote settings, etc.. SD Card went from the packaging straight into the A2S and was immediately recognized. I set the default to the SD card and formatted the card as well as the internal memory to ensure everything was clean. Went out for it's first test flight today and flew about 45 minutes. Got home and put the SD card into my laptop and it said that the SD Card needed to be formatted. What??!! I've seen several threads on the Mavic Pilots forum but none have pointed to a real solution other than to format the card on the PC and never format in the drone. Is this a valid solution? if so.. is there a fix in the works?
2022-1-23
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

The problem is with the operating system of your computer, not the card. There is nothing wrong for DJI to fix. And it is always best to format the card in the aircraft, as the aircraft knows what format scenario to use.
2022-1-23
Use props
FireJay27
lvl.1
Flight distance : 38104 ft
United States

Geebax Posted at 1-23 19:08
The problem is with the operating system of your computer, not the card. There is nothing wrong for DJI to fix. And it is always best to format the card in the aircraft, as the aircraft knows what format scenario to use.

Spoken like a true Apple Fanboi ...
2022-1-23
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

FireJay27 Posted at 1-23 19:33
Spoken like a true Apple Fanboi ...

Well, that reply defines you. Actually, I am the opposite, I dislike anything Apple. But Windows is quite quirky at times, and this is one of those times.
2022-1-23
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

Format it in your PC to exFAT and it should work fine. That is what I did with my 2S.
2022-1-23
Use props
dreamtuner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2068376 ft
Bangladesh

I just connect my drone to the PC and it just works. I find taking out the card each time from the drone and then inserting it into the PC via another card reader and then taking it back to the drone too cumbersome.
2022-1-23
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please try to reformat the said microSD card for us to be able to isolate the said issue. Just a reminder that is the microSD card is less than or equal to 32GB should be formatted in to the FAT32 file system while microSD card that is larger thank 32GB should be formatted in to exFAT file system. Thank you.
2022-1-24
Use props
djiuser_xRTKf0AegSOe
New

Canada

Here is a fix that work for me when I was having the same problem, this allowed me to easily recover my media
youtube.com/watch?v=mupiRyQTgEM
2022-5-5
Use props
Neeb1954
lvl.1
Thailand

Have the exact same problem
tried to fix transferred the dji files to my computer and tried opening and all i got was cannot open codec.. I have 128 gig sd card in drone and works fine : I have given up
2022-7-3
Use props
canavp
lvl.1
United Kingdom

SD card in computer find what drive letter it is in, make a note of it. Run Command in Administrator mode. Type in    chkdsk X:       Exchange in that the X for your SD cards drive letter. Run it and it will fix the SD card so its readable in the laptop/computer. That has just worked for me as I've just had that problem in my PC laptop. Whatever you do DON'T FORMAT THE SD card before running the Command prompt.
2022-8-25
Use props
canavp
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I have had this happen a couple of times with my Mini 3 SD card. It has also happened with a friends Air2S. Whatever you do DO NOT format the SD card in your PC or drone at  this stage
With the SD in your PC dismiss the Format your card notice on the computer. In the PC in File Manager find out what drive letter has been assigned to you SD cat and make a note of it.

Go to the COMMAND PROMPT on the PC and open it up as Administrator.
Just type in the following changing the X for whatever letter the SD Card is in the PC:

chkdsk X:

And then hit Enter.

Most times this works and makes the card readable in your PC hence you can get your videos off the card on to the computer or external hard drive.
If this fails then try this, but remember to change the X to your SD cards letter on the PC:

chkdsk X: /f         

And then hit enter.

SD cards are very simple devices and also unreliable. Always transfer your data after every session of flying to a reliable hard drive on the computer/laptop.
Another tip. Never format your SD card in the computer/laptop. Always format it in the drone or camera. The drone/camera knows what exactly what it wants on your card. The PC/Laptop does not.
Having run before retiring a successful  busy computer business I learnt this years ago. I'm surprised no one here does not know this simple fix. I've fixed this problem on over half a dozen or more SD cards for other local Drone users since I first bought a Mavic Pro and now fly also a DJI Mini 3 as well.
2022-8-26
Use props
Mini-G
Second Officer
Flight distance : 663304 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Hi all,

What’s the difference between formatting it from the drone vs computer?
Isn’t it always best to format on the device your using it on?
2022-9-1
Use props
DGpousson
lvl.2
Flight distance : 29062 ft
United States

Geebax Posted at 2022-1-23 19:08

Any suggestions for the Mavic 3E - RC PRO - I am having the same problem.. IF formatted in the RC interface going to files selecting the card ... storage setting ... format.. It will format BUT then it will not work in the drone.

I cannot find and option to format the card while inserted into the the drone using the  remote.
2023-1-16
Use props
JSKCKNIT
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1208566 ft
  • >>>
United States

canavp@gmail.co Posted at 2022-8-26 12:37
I have had this happen a couple of times with my Mini 3 SD card. It has also happened with a friends Air2S. Whatever you do DO NOT format the SD card in your PC or drone at  this stage
With the SD in your PC dismiss the Format your card notice on the computer. In the PC in File Manager find out what drive letter has been assigned to you SD cat and make a note of it.

chkdsk X: /f worked for me!  Thanks a ton, owe ya one!!
2023-7-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules