New DJI Mavic 3 Firmware Released (1/24/2022)
14451 226 2022-1-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
seattle_helo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 56533511 ft
United States

The D-Log color assist is wonderful- thank you DJI!
2022-1-23
Use props
Jason WAI
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3136201 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

thanks DJI
2022-1-23
Use props
Monkey007
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 73775046 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Updates went quickly and smoothly on both the Mavic 3 and the RC Pro. Did a 6 minute test flight and I'm going to keep the obstacle avoidance setting in 'brake' at least until the next update comes out. Just don't like the way it flys in 'bypass' mode.
2022-1-23
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

KlooGee Posted at 1-23 19:28
Just as an FYI, it does not look like the battery firmware has been updated.  When I put another battery in, it does not prompt to update it.  So no need to cycle through all your batteries to update them this time.

Looks like we now have zoom on normal camera, so many zooms, should have called it mavic zoom
2022-1-24
Use props
Grimtheviking
Second Officer
Flight distance : 11796312 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Suren Posted at 1-23 20:00
So a quick flight and a few tests, results below:
1. GPS locks on now much faster than the previous update which was slow but still slower than before the last update but its better
2. Quickshots works nicely, especially Asteroid, love it

Thanks for this info Suren glad things are looking better. will test mine as soon as I get chance. Regards.
2022-1-24
Use props
manigutau
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3034396 ft
  • >>>
Romania

Can someone here can confirm if the added USB MODE for Mavic 3 Cine allows the data transfer without using the battery of the drone? If not, please share with us the way this mode works, thanks.
2022-1-24
Use props
Tony64
lvl.4
Flight distance : 65574 ft
United Kingdom

Just did a quick RTH test (after setting it to new altitude ascend to) from a good VLOS distance away, was just like the old Mavic 2 Pro RTH worked perfectly, landed spot on the H in middle of landing pad.
2022-1-24
Use props
Grimtheviking
Second Officer
Flight distance : 11796312 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Brilliant thanks Dji.
2022-1-24
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Suren Posted at 1-23 20:00
So a quick flight and a few tests, results below:
1. GPS locks on now much faster than the previous update which was slow but still slower than before the last update but its better
2. Quickshots works nicely, especially Asteroid, love it

Fantastic news Suren.  Thanks for sharing.
2022-1-24
Use props
Dury
lvl.2
Flight distance : 179150 ft
India

manigutau Posted at 1-24 03:10
Can someone here can confirm if the added USB MODE for Mavic 3 Cine allows the data transfer without using the battery of the drone? If not, please share with us the way this mode works, thanks.

I think you don't have to now switch on the drone to transfer.jus connected ng the wire to pc is enough.  thts what my assumption is. Have to test.
2022-1-24
Use props
Buzzyone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4647913 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Charles Adams Posted at 1-23 19:47
I am not certain that they implemented it the way we want RTH to work.  Will test tomorrow.

They have, you can select advanced or standard RTH
2022-1-24
Use props
Buzzyone
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Dury Posted at 1-24 04:03
I think you don't have to now switch on the drone to transfer.jus connected ng the wire to pc is enough.  thts what my assumption is. Have to test.

No you still need to power the drone on.

Tested on a Mac, can’t see why it would be different on a PC.
2022-1-24
Use props
Buzzyone
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Well it doesn’t do that! The drone still needs to be powered up to mount the drives on a Mac. If it connects when powered up and you then power the drone down the drives disconnect.

I suspect it may be referring to being able to mount an external drive to the drone but I have not investigated this fully.

I don’t use Windoze so can’t say if that makes a difference.
2022-1-24
Use props
Charles Adams
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3821312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Buzzyone Posted at 1-24 05:26
They have, you can select advanced or standard RTH

What had happened was that I thought my app had updated with everything else, and I ran everything (not flying) with what really was the old app and not the new app.  THEN I finally got the update notice for the app.  Now I see the setting.

Love it!  DJI listened!
2022-1-24
Use props
ZeuS-FL
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5782297 ft
  • >>>
United States

upgraded with the DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series) without issues.
My Mavic Air 2S has been bound with the RC Pro without issues and looks nice also the Mavic 3.

Zoom looks much sharper now. There is still a jump from 4X-7X that makes the zoom unusable for videos when change from camera to camera. Why can not be like Apple when changing camera to camera?
2022-1-24
Use props
FlyLieDutch
lvl.1
Flight distance : 10321060 ft
Netherlands

The purple issue (magenta / purple color shifting on the left and right side of every picture (DNG) in low contrast situations) is still not solved in this firmware
Very bad DJI! Go fix this asap.

Link to the thread describing this problem: https://mavicpilots.com/threads/mavic-3-color-shifting-in-white-balance-color-tint.118335/page-15

2022-1-24
Use props
Tornado12
lvl.4
Flight distance : 356391 ft
United States

ZeuS-FL Posted at 1-24 05:38
My Mavic Air 2S has been bound with the RC Pro without issues and looks nice also the Mavic 3.

im curious about this sharpness increase with zoom. I think today when I get home, I am going to set up a quick test before pushing the update to my drone, so I can have some before and after shots to compare and analyze the sharpness change.
2022-1-24
Use props
NGC
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50003 ft
  • >>>
United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2022-1-24
Use props
Drone Cuiabá
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13272894 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

Can someone help me?  I'm not able to update here.

I have already updated the app but the drone does not update.

Mavic Cine
IMG_20220124_104935.jpg
2022-1-24
Use props
NGC
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

2022-1-24
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

FlyLieDutch Posted at 1-24 05:57
The purple issue (magenta / purple color shifting on the left and right side of every picture (DNG) in low contrast situations) is still not solved in this firmware
Very bad DJI! Go fix this asap.

Mine looks fine, maybe its the editing and Ive now seen so many photos I must say this is not noticeable.
2022-1-24
Use props
Josef1406
lvl.1
Flight distance : 5692 ft
Austria

The MV3 must on, but if you activate the USB-Mode, the MV3 go in an Powersafe-Mode.
2022-1-24
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

ZeuS-FL Posted at 1-24 05:38

It would seem strange zooming from digital zoom to a much higher quality . Is zoom not now available on the normal camera to X2 , I haven’t been near my M3 today.
2022-1-24
Use props
DarthSLR
First Officer
Flight distance : 1846716 ft
  • >>>
United States

Woot! Too bad it's Monday here, meaning I have to wait the entire workday before I can try the new/updated features. Oh well, I'll be reading your guys experience in the meantime..
2022-1-24
Use props
ZeuS-FL
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5782297 ft
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 1-24 08:00
It would seem strange zooming from digital zoom to a much higher quality . Is zoom not now available on the normal camera to X2 , I haven’t been near my M3 today.

The problem before was the 2X 3X and 4X from the main camera looked terrible bad. I can tell you the DJI Mini 2 looks better in digital zoom from the main camera, but now with the new firmware looks better. I can not tell you how well looks since I have no time to play with it but at first looks fine as well as the 7X-28X.
2022-1-24
Use props
Tornado12
lvl.4
Flight distance : 356391 ft
United States

ZeuS-FL Posted at 1-24 08:12
The problem before was the 2X 3X and 4X from the main camera looked terrible bad. I can tell you the DJI Mini 2 looks better in digital zoom from the main camera, but now with the new firmware looks better. I can not tell you how well looks since I have no time to play with it but at first looks fine as well as the 7X-28X.

Well, according to the patch notes the sharpness on zoom was only for the "tele camera" not for the main camera. This means that 2x, 3x, 4x should not have been changed, as those were digital zooms off of the 4/3" sensor.

I personally wish there was a way to edit the zoom options so we could just have 1x and 7x as a toggle, and essentially hide all the digital zooms.
2022-1-24
Use props
DarthSLR
First Officer
Flight distance : 1846716 ft
  • >>>
United States

Tornado12 Posted at 1-24 08:31
Well, according to the patch notes the sharpness on zoom was only for the "tele camera" not for the main camera. This means that 2x, 3x, 4x should not have been changed, as those were digital zooms off of the 4/3" sensor.

I personally wish there was a way to edit the zoom options so we could just have 1x and 7x as a toggle, and essentially hide all the digital zooms.

Yep, that was my request as well.
Well, maybe at some point later...
2022-1-24
Use props
JayOhio
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2289446 ft
United States

Figures all updated and 15F and a snow storm happening right now SMH.
2022-1-24
Use props
Mzp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Unfortunately HLG / HDR 10 has not made it into this update.  
DJI Support,  HLG / HDR 10 video was confirmed to DC Rainmaker by DJI engineering team to be release in January 2022 firmware update. If there are no plans to include HLG / HDR 10 format on this drone, please provide a way to have this confirmed as this is a breaking point for me and will be returning the drone in this case.
2022-1-24
Use props
JayOhio
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2289446 ft
United States

Tornado12 Posted at 1-24 08:31
Well, according to the patch notes the sharpness on zoom was only for the "tele camera" not for the main camera. This means that 2x, 3x, 4x should not have been changed, as those were digital zooms off of the 4/3" sensor.

Or even a quick button like C1 or C2 to toggle between 1x / 7x would be nice as well...
2022-1-24
Use props
manigutau
lvl.4
  • >>>
Romania

Buzzyone Posted at 1-24 05:31
Well it doesn’t do that! The drone still needs to be powered up to mount the drives on a Mac. If it connects when powered up and you then power the drone down the drives disconnect.

I suspect it may be referring to being able to mount an external drive to the drone but I have not investigated this fully.

Thx, from what I have seen on  this forum it seems the new USB MODE still requires the aircraft to be powered on, but it is more energy efficient etc. Curious how much the transfer rates /discharge times improved in comparisson with previous firmware, there were several people complaning that only one battery was not enough to backup a full drive of PRORES recordings.
2022-1-24
Use props
manigutau
lvl.4
  • >>>
Romania

NGC Posted at 1-24 07:51
It still uses the battery. It allows you only to access the internal memory, not the SD card so it uses less power.

Thx, hopefully now one battery is enough to backup a full 1TB of ProRes recordings, looking forward to see if someone can make a test in this direction.
2022-1-24
Use props
manigutau
lvl.4
  • >>>
Romania

Josef1406 Posted at 1-24 07:58
The MV3 must on, but if you activate the USB-Mode, the MV3 go in an Powersafe-Mode.

Thx, I was hoping there will be a way to backup data without using the aircraft battery, but at least they made some improvements considering the amount of energy used for the data transfer.
2022-1-24
Use props
fans47bdd5f0
lvl.2
Flight distance : 15285 ft
Germany

manigutau Posted at 1-24 09:01
Thx, I was hoping there will be a way to backup data without using the aircraft battery, but at least they made some improvements considering the amount of energy used for the data transfer.

Panorama Mode is not working here (it says: feature will come later)
2022-1-24
Use props
Goran_m_pg
lvl.4
Flight distance : 616070 ft
  • >>>
Montenegro

seattle_helo Posted at 1-23 21:49
The D-Log color assist is wonderful- thank you DJI!

This is not wonderful since it is having totaly different color shift.
Try to switch from normal and d-log asisted mode, you will see compleatly different colors.
Also photo mode and video d-log asisted, same problem, it is not right color assist applied, it ruins what you see
2022-1-24
Use props
NGC
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

2022-1-24
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13498560 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

hallmark007 Posted at 1-24 02:50
Looks like we now have zoom on normal camera, so many zooms, should have called it mavic zoom

Yes we do but only 2X zoom
2022-1-24
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

Grimtheviking Posted at 1-24 02:55
Thanks for this info Suren glad things are looking better. will test mine as soon as I get chance. Regards.

You are welcome
2022-1-24
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

DowntownRDB Posted at 1-24 04:00
Fantastic news Suren.  Thanks for sharing.

You are welcome
2022-1-24
Use props
Charles Adams
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3821312 ft
  • >>>
United States

These are my first flight findings.  It should be noted that I did not initially calibrate the IMU, and there are differences before and after calibration.

I did not time my satellite acquisition time, but it felt as poor as before.  This does not seem to be improved.  This is only one flight, which is not a definitive sample.  But this indicates to me that this FW release may not have addressed acquisition time.

I tested the smoothness/jitterness of the sticks while in bypass mode.  Major improvement.  It seems "responsive" w/o being ridiculously aggressive.  

I tested the "unwanted elevation raise" while in bypass mode.  It seemed to be better left to right, but forwards and backwards I had the same undesired rapid elevation raise.  BUT...

I then calibrated my IMU, and retested this.  The "unwanted elevation raise" did not manifest going forward, and did seem to occur to a much less degree (compared to pre-FW behavior) when traveling at full speed (normal) backwards.  Since I do not typically fly at full throttle backwards, this will be ok.  I retested this repeatedly, and could not get the "unwanted elevation raise" to occur except in backwards flight, and only to a minor degree.  Again, this is the results after I re-calibrated my IMU.

I tested "elevated" RTH (the traditional RTH we are use to), and that worked as expected.  Yay!

I tested the quick shots.  They functioned ok, but I did have one episode during boomerang when the craft "aborted" the shot early because it detected an obstacle.  I was in wide open space with no animals or debris, so this was not expected or desired.  But I prefer that the sensors be over sensitive rather than under, and unless this becomes a chronic issue, I'll give it a pass.

I tested the zoom.  28x stunned me.  The zoom camera is still not going to be a "cinematic" wonder, but I was shocked by how clear 28x appeared.  Not photo quality, but for "exploring", this camera does well what it was designed to do.

I tested panoramas, but have not had opportunity to review the results.
2022-1-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules