Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
New DJI Mavic 3 Firmware Released (1/24/2022)
13905 226 2022-1-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_oaU9BsuQCG9D
New
Taiwan

Very nice mavic 3 cone so good
2022-1-24
Use props
djcristi
lvl.1
Flight distance : 263363 ft
Romania

how quicktransfer is activated without remote? wireless does not start with the start of the drone.
l.e. also with remote , quick transfer switch only worked first time, i restarted app , remote and aircraft many times, and it does not switch to wifi anymore, 'unable to connect' messages also tried to look up to wifi networks on the phone to manually connect but is not there :\
2022-1-24
Use props
fans47bdd5f0
lvl.2
Flight distance : 15285 ft
Germany

Thanks. This might help. The APP was still not updated on my iPhone
2022-1-25
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Suren Posted at 1-24 16:36
Mine got GPS much faster but will check again today when i get home.

That sounds great.  Appreciate you checking when you get a chance.  
2022-1-25
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

DowntownRDB Posted at 1-25 02:57
That sounds great.  Appreciate you checking when you get a chance.

Mine takes about a minute to lock sats but loses again when I take off so seems not fully fixed yet.
2022-1-25
Use props
Solidarity
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4512966 ft
  • >>>
United States

I personally want to thankyou all at Dji for the hard work you guys have put into the Mavic 3 and getting the update out as soon as possible. I know it was probably very stressful trying to getting the update as perfect as possible for all of us to enjoy, and so I just wanted to give everyone at Dji my sincerest gratitude and appreciation for all the hard work that was done to make the Mavic 3.
2022-1-25
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Suren Posted at 1-25 10:09
Mine takes about a minute to lock sats but loses again when I take off so seems not fully fixed yet.

At least that is what I consider a minor bug since you can do other pre-flight stuff while awaiting GPS lock.  
2022-1-25
Use props
NDI-Orlando
lvl.2
Flight distance : 631014 ft
United States

manigutau Posted at 1-24 03:10
Can someone here can confirm if the added USB MODE for Mavic 3 Cine allows the data transfer without using the battery of the drone? If not, please share with us the way this mode works, thanks.

I had the same question, then today ran across the new (1/24/22) Mavic 3 User Manual, V1.4, which has a blurb about how to use USB Mode at the bottom of page 57.  The document is linked on the Mavic 3 Downloads page at DJI.COM.
2022-1-25
Use props
NDI-Orlando
lvl.2
United States

NDI-Orlando Posted at 1-24 20:18
Does anyone have functional details on USB mode (Mavic 3 Cine) and QuickTransfer? The release notes and press releases mention what those features are intended to do, but so far I've found no operational info.

Thanks.

I'm about to answer my own question (along with some others). DJI has just posted a new version of the Mavic 3 User Manual on their Mavic 3 downloads page.  Version 1.4.

QuickTransfer is described on page 31 and USB Mode is described briefly at the bottom of page 57.
2022-1-25
Use props
NDI-Orlando
lvl.2
United States

djcristi Posted at 1-24 23:12
how quicktransfer is activated without remote? wireless does not start with the start of the drone.
l.e. also with remote , quick transfer switch only worked first time, i restarted app , remote and aircraft many times, and it does not switch to wifi anymore, 'unable to connect' messages also tried to look up to wifi networks on the phone to manually connect but is not there :\

Use of QuickTransfer is described on page 31 of the new Mavic 3 User Manual (V1.4), which can be found on the Mavic 3 downloads page.  Requires both WiFi and Bluetooth to be active on the mobile device, and claims to work with the mobile device connected to the remote controller or independent of the controller.  QuickTransfer does not work directly with the RC Pro.
2022-1-25
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

DowntownRDB Posted at 1-25 12:19
At least that is what I consider a minor bug since you can do other pre-flight stuff while awaiting GPS lock.

Yeah, its nothing that serious but I would also like it to lock faster as you lose flight time waiting.
2022-1-25
Use props
Vidjcb
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13416847 ft
  • >>>
United States

And what about WAYPOINTS?
2022-1-25
Use props
ZeuS-FL
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5782297 ft
  • >>>
United States

The RTH Straight line is not working properly. When you set the max RTH altitude for example 250FT and you are 50FT from the ground and over 50 Meters in distance the M3 is coming in straight line without gain any altitude to thr 250FT that was set. I tried at different distances and altitude with the same results. Can someone confirm the bug?
869E2F19-FF63-43C8-AD7A-9BEB79FBAE2A.png
2022-1-25
Use props
seattle_helo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 56533511 ft
United States

NDI-Orlando Posted at 1-25 13:34
I'm about to answer my own question (along with some others). DJI has just posted a new version of the Mavic 3 User Manual on their Mavic 3 downloads page.  Version 1.4.

QuickTransfer is described on page 31 and USB Mode is described briefly at the bottom of page 57.

Good info- thanks for this.
2022-1-25
Use props
gary h
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4833747 ft
  • >>>
United States

My GPS lock is now slower than before the update. On a cold GPS start, requiring a fresh download of GPS ephemeris/almanac data from the satellites, It now takes 5--10 minutes to establish a Home Point. Since the update, my longest time to establish a Home Point yesterday was 11 minutes. This morning, on a cold start, it proceeded like this:

First Minute -- 4 Sats Acquired
Second Minute -- 6 Sats Acquired
Third Minute -- 7 Sats Acquired
Fourth Minute -- 8 Sats Acquired
Fifth Minute -- 11 Sats Acquired and Home Point established.

After letting the drone and controller sit idle and off for 30 minutes, the procedure to "Home Point established,"  has been taking anywhere from 2--3 minutes, beginning counting the minutes from when the drone connects to the controller  and reports 0 satellites acquired.

As for the obstacle-avoidance-sensor problem, that problem seems to be about the same as before the update. Upon first launching the drone after a period of 30-60 minutes of being turned off, during the first 30 seconds of flight, with the throttle set to maximum, the drone flies between 1--5 mph. During this time, with the sensors set to "BRAKE," (as opposed to BYPASS), the drone occasionally slows/stops erratically. Then all of a sudden, the drone accelerates to the proper maximum speed, and then appears to fly normally for the rest of the flight. This problem only occurs when the obstacle avoidance sensors are enabled.

I'd be interested to hear how others are experiencing the GPS slow-acquisition, and obstacle-avoidance-sensor problems after the January 2022 update. I don't seem to be experiencing the other problems such as the communications link disruption, and the slanted horizon problem. I live in an area of hills all around me so at least I haven't noticed a crooked horizon.

UPDATE to original message:
-------------------------------------------
To those who suggest that I have a geographical problem do to hills, actually, its just that I can't judge whether or not I have a level horizon, because my horizon is not flat. The hills I mention are not that close to me. They just prevent me from judging whether or not the horizon is level. The hills and mountains only occlude about 0.5 to 1.0 degree of the sky, and are all from 30 to 50 miles away. My satellite problem definitely resides with the Mavic 3. I also have a Mavic Pro 2, an Air 2S, and a Mini 2. All of these drones receive a Home Point lock within about 30 seconds from powering the drone on. I have compared these drones directly against the Mavic 3, and the other drones will usually show 12--14 satellites on the controller before the Mavic 3 can even show one satellite as being locked on. If I power up these other drones in the house, they receive a Home Point lock before I can walk them out to the deck, which is only 10 feet away. These other drones also achieve this GPS lock in the house with four feet of snow on the roof! Another point to consider is that I live in Alaska at 65 degrees North latitude.  Since GPS satellites are in Polar orbits around the Earth, and not geosynchronous orbits around the Equator, all the GPS satellites' paths converge close to the North Pole. Therefore, we in Alaska see many more satelllites at any given time than those located in the Lower-48 states. The most satellites I've locked into on the Mavic 3 at any one time is 29.

2022-1-25
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

gary h Posted at 1-25 21:34
My GPS lock is now slower than before the update. On a cold GPS start, requiring a fresh download of GPS ephemeris/almanac data from the satellites, It now takes 5--10 minutes to establish a Home Point. Since the update, my longest time to establish a Home Point yesterday was 11 minutes. This morning, on a cold start, it proceeded like this:

The hills may be causing the problems with gps. Can you post a video of this. Its way to long. Dji are also looking for flight logs, maybe send them in through moderator here on the forum.
2022-1-26
Use props
WKKL
lvl.4
Flight distance : 681283 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

Hi.. with this FW upgrade - is everything promised for the M3 now delivered? of is there other feature still to come in future?
2022-1-26
Use props
ZeuS-FL
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

We are still missing.
1- Waypoints
2- onboard missions
3- Mobil SDK (all related)
4- LTE dongle (if happens for the US)
5- About 3-5 more minutes of battery duration (this will never happen obviously but DJI promised 46 mins)
2022-1-26
Use props
NGC
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50003 ft
  • >>>
United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2022-1-26
Use props
fans47bdd5f0
lvl.2
Flight distance : 15285 ft
Germany

NDI-Orlando Posted at 1-25 13:34
I'm about to answer my own question (along with some others). DJI has just posted a new version of the Mavic 3 User Manual on their Mavic 3 downloads page.  Version 1.4.

QuickTransfer is described on page 31 and USB Mode is described briefly at the bottom of page 57.

Only the English version seems to be updated. German is still version 1.0
2022-1-26
Use props
Tornado12
lvl.4
Flight distance : 356391 ft
United States

I still haven't got the drone out of the house all week to test anything. Work and other priorities taking precedence. I plan to do some testing this weekend hopefully. The long GPS acquisition time outlined by gary h above sounds much more like a natural GPS acquisition problem; meaning there wasnt a lot of sats available or they were being blocked somehow. Most people know this but I have seen some people try to set a drone down and get gps locks right next to a building, or other large structure. Just want to hilight that to get the best GPS your drone needs a full "view" of the sky. GPS sattelites need line of sight to the drone, so if you are setting up next to a big building, or under some type of canopy, you are going to struggle with sattelities. You could also have a natural geographical issue....maybe you sit down in a valley and are surrounded by mountiains. Anything that reduces your free view of the sky will impede gps.

I really hope to test my satellite lock speed this weekend among other things.
2022-1-26
Use props
NGC
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

2022-1-26
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

My GPS lock is now slower than before the update. On a cold GPS start, requiring a fresh download of GPS ephemeris/almanac data from the satellites, It now takes 5--10 minutes to establish a Home Point. Since the update, my longest time to establish a Home Point yesterday was 11 minutes. This morning, on a cold start, it proceeded like this:

Check this out, it explains really well, the do’s and don’t . Although it obviously doesn’t cover problem some are having with GPS lock it gives a good understanding of how it all works.

2022-1-26
Use props
Tornado12
lvl.4
Flight distance : 356391 ft
United States

NGC Posted at 1-26 06:36
No - the satellite acquisition problem is a known bug. DJI "implemented" this bug in the Dec 10 firmware and hasn't fixed it yet. It is likely that any other DJI drone would have no issue acquiring satellites quickly in the exact same location the Mavic 3 is struggling. Even the $400 mini performs better in this regard than the "flagship" product.

Well aware people have been having issues with this since the Dec 10 firmware. You have made this point numerous times now in just the last 24 hours. However, my response was to gary h, who said it took him over 5 minutes to get 11 sats. That suggests more is at play than just slow acquisition. I note another guy on these forums in another thread even referenced slow sat times while in his house. I wanted to make a point that GPS does not work like a radio station. If you block line of sight to the sky you are going to suffer harshly with GPS signals. We need to make sure we aren't mixing the real issue of slow acquisition with other user errors and conflating the issue.
2022-1-26
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Suren Posted at 1-25 14:34
Yeah, its nothing that serious but I would also like it to lock faster as you lose flight time waiting.

Can't argue with you on that one bit as it is always nice to maximize flying time.  
2022-1-26
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

NDI-Orlando Posted at 1-25 13:30
I had the same question, then today ran across the new (1/24/22) Mavic 3 User Manual, V1.4, which has a blurb about how to use USB Mode at the bottom of page 57.  The document is linked on the Mavic 3 Downloads page at DJI.COM.

Nice find and thanks for sharing.
2022-1-26
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

In regards to straight line RTH.
2022-1-26
Use props
EFRPIC
lvl.4

United States

Just a thought here on the GPS lock time.

I agree the time to lock was extended in December firmware update and does not seem improved after the January download. I propose the following:

DJI extended the algorithm in the 12/10 update to counter fly-away and other GPS lock issues. They did not change the "window" back to the original, shorter, time frame due to the number of dependencies of getting a "good" lock. This is directly linked to the fly-away insurance and the level of liability. You fly before a lock, likely you will be denied. This reduces their exposure.

It's likely the "window to lock" will be refined as more "real world" data becomes available.

This is a similar situation to what occurred when the Matrice 200 TB55 batteries were having power issues. They reduced the acceptable variance on cell voltage between the 2 necessary batteries to counter the issue. To be a variance and the aircraft would not fly.

Once they had better usage data, the algorithm was refined in a later update.

If the above makes sense, then I would propose it's a feature (for the moment) and not a bug.

Again, just conjecture on my part.

2022-1-26
Use props
gary h
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

My GPS lock is now slower than before the update. On a cold GPS start, requiring a fresh download of GPS ephemeris/almanac data from the satellites, It now takes 5--10 minutes to establish a Home Point. Since the update, my longest time to establish a Home Point yesterday was 11 minutes. This morning, on a cold start, it proceeded like this:

Message Deleted
2022-1-26
Use props
Buzzyone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4647913 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

NGC Posted at 1-23 20:05
Wonder what “USB mode” for copying data on the Cine is?

Its a setting in the Fly App under Camera, when enabled it shuts down various systems on the drone to conserve power, it is only applicable to the Cine version.

It also seems to start charging the drone if your USB port is upto it.

The Assistant 2 has also been upgraded to 'Enable USB Mode" it is rather vague!
The manual refers to disabling USB mode in Assistant 2, there are no settings that refer to this in Assistant 2.

If USB-Mode is Enabled in the Fly App & the Mavic 3 is connected to Assistant 2 it will prompt to disable USB Mode to allow Assistant 2 to operate normally.

2022-1-26
Use props
Buzzyone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4647913 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Javierz0509 Posted at 1-23 21:00
does anyone see preview for DLOG?

Yes - Don't forget to update the Fly App.
2022-1-26
Use props
gary h
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Well here is something really weird. I viewed this link for a review of the V-Copter drone. I was amazed to see that this drone, not made by DJI, has the exact same problems that my Mavic 3 has with respect to GPS acquisition time and obstacle avoidance sensors. In this review, it took over 13 minutes to lock into the GPS satellites and to record the Home Point. Then when the drone flies around it stops and starts and jerks around in the air, like its seeing invisible objects in the sky. I wonder if these two drones are using the same chip sets for GPS and OA sensors? Strange...
2022-1-26
Use props
ZeuS-FL
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

ZeuS-FL Posted at 1-25 18:10
The RTH Straight line is not working properly. When you set the max RTH altitude for example 250FT and you are 50FT from the ground and over 50 Meters in distance the M3 is coming in straight line without gain any altitude to thr 250FT that was set. I tried at different distances and altitude with the same results. Can someone confirm the bug?

After updated the app from 1.5.8 to 1.5.9 now the RTH is working fine. I also refresh the firmware. So i am not sure what of those two fix the problem.

Also the slow response from the sticks input went away when I turned off APAS.
2022-1-26
Use props
ZeuS-FL
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Now something is concerning the AirSense is not working anymore. I cant detect airplanes flying around anymore
2022-1-26
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

ZeuS-FL Posted at 1-26 16:01
Now something is concerning the AirSense is not working anymore. I cant detect airplanes flying around anymore

Can you not hear them ? Your vision can see helicopter 6/7 miles away and you will hear it also. ADSB is basically a gimmick if only 50% of manned aircraft use it its not really effective . I agree it should work but its just a plain spotters bit of fluff.
2022-1-26
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

Maybe it has something to do w/ not being able to get the chips to communicate w/ all the satellites.  We all don't know how these are engineered so if workarounds and strippings are done on the newer models no one would know.

You have to have certain chips to be able to communicate with different kinds of satellites.  When you are ordering a GPS USB you would know this.  Also with Garmin and selecting different Satellites, the battery drain rate can signficantly vary.  It's not a good sign that GPS is unreliable.  I would be scared to fly too far and definitely beyond line of sight.  I need full confidence that even at 1.5km out it Will come back.  As long as we don't hear about a mass crackdown because a drone brought down an airplane which caused 500 lives to be lost and 20 alarm blazes then it doesn't matter.  That's too rare for that to happen and there are plenty of other things in life that are a lot worse that people don't look at so no one should focus on this.

For a drone costing $5k you'd think it would have triple reliability like the 2x IMU and 2x Compass sensors on the Phantom 4 Pro V2 which probably saved me a bunch of times.  I was so worried about a lawsuit and worse when I was doing certain jobs.  Luckily nothing went wrong during the 50 hours of flight time across all my drones.

If people want to charge $10k to go bigger on an area and then down on the super basics because of laws and other restrictions, there is nothing you can do.  It would be cool if you can "install" chips yourself to get around these limitations like swapping Op-Amps on sound cards to get better quality.  Sure though there can be laws against modding and selling modding like in Europe somewhere where they are banning the sale and servicing of modifying your e-bike/e-scooter.
2022-1-27
Use props
frankymusik
Second Officer
Flight distance : 27841053 ft
  • >>>
Germany

AntDX316 Posted at 1-27 00:01
Maybe it has something to do w/ not being able to get the chips to communicate w/ all the satellites.  We all don't know how these are engineered so if workarounds and strippings are done on the newer models no one would know.

You have to have certain chips to be able to communicate with different kinds of satellites.  When you are ordering a GPS USB you would know this.  Also with Garmin and selecting different Satellites, the battery drain rate can signficantly vary.  It's not a good sign that GPS is unreliable.  I would be scared to fly too far and definitely beyond line of sight.  I need full confidence that even at 1.5km out it Will come back.  As long as we don't hear about a mass crackdown because a drone brought down an airplane which caused 500 lives to be lost and 20 alarm blazes then it doesn't matter.  That's too rare for that to happen and there are plenty of other things in life that are a lot worse that people don't look at so no one should focus on this.

But you should keep in mind that GPS worked fine with the first software!
2022-1-27
Use props
NGC
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

2022-1-27
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

NGC Posted at 1-27 08:24
In the United States, far more than 50% of aircraft have them - closer to 100%. In fact, The FAA requires ADS-B Out capability in the continental United States designated by FAR 91.225.

Wrong again Hallmark! You can shill and defend bugs, but your "alternative facts" are still wrong.

Oh but you don’t know how many that really helps if you see it and Airsense doesn’t pick it up report it Dave the Hobit Bender. Get a life Bilbo and quit trolling this forum….
2022-1-27
Use props
NGC
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

2022-1-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now