New DJI Mavic 3 Firmware Released (1/24/2022)
14377 226 2022-1-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

NGC Posted at 1-27 08:30
100% are "required" to have it. So that should tell you something. Saying our of your arse that only "50%" have it is plain wrong. Stop deflecting.

In the United States, you must be equipped with ADS-B Out to fly in most controlled airspace. Federal Regulations 14 CFR 91.225 and 14 CFR 91.227 contain the details. So closer to 100% of craft have it, unlike your wrong information. Stop being a dildo.

Don’t be so much of an fool Bilbo, Any aircraft that doesn’t have ADSB fitted does not need it and you have not shown how many Aircraft use it. So move along Bilbo and stop posting about sh1t you haven’t a clue about. You don’t even fly your own drone. Just last week you told all to ship there drones back if GPS is not sorted But it looks like Bilbo didn’t ship his. No convictions trying to whip others up. You know nothing about ADSB . Where do you fly that you need it so badly ?
2022-1-27
Use props
NGC
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50003 ft
  • >>>
United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2022-1-27
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

NGC Posted at 1-27 08:59
Actually the FAA required all aircraft to get it. It's cheap, and yes, in the US, you do need it. Stop arguing wrong info. You are wrong and I linked to the law in the US.

Bye bilbo and stop giving out wrong information .
2022-1-27
Use props
NGC
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

2022-1-27
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

NGC Posted at 1-27 09:11
Pathetic. I literally gave you the link to the FAA saying that all aircraft in the continental United States are required to have it. And you just have to deflect like a dildo because you can’t handle the fact that somebody once again is showing you to be absolutely wrong which you always are.

In fact, any aircraft that did not have it were required to retrofit by Jan 2021. Again, it’s a cheap retrofit.

Your phoning again.
2022-1-27
Use props
NGC
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

2022-1-27
Use props
fans47bdd5f0
lvl.2
Flight distance : 15285 ft
Germany

Could please somebody post the download link for the 1.4 manual. Here in Germany we get only the German manual version and it is 1.0.
Thanks
2022-1-27
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

Here you go - https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... _Manual_v1.4_en.pdf
2022-1-27
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

NGC Posted at 1-27 08:24
In the United States, far more than 50% of aircraft have them - closer to 100%. In fact, The FAA requires ADS-B Out capability in the continental United States designated by FAR 91.225.

Wrong again Hallmark! You can shill and defend bugs, but your "alternative facts" are still wrong.

ADS-B as a requirement mitigates the amount of chances of a drone downing an aircraft.
The 400' requirement is great as commercial jobs don't ask for Higher than 400' as it's against the law.

Without requirements and laws to limit, the demand for More would people in a dangerous situation such as certain hired pilots wouldn't get "payout" because they didn't fulfill the clients expectations of say 3000'.

With that all said, I would say it's unnecessary but if I were to be flying w/ the latest tech I would want everyone to have to have it as it would increase the awareness confidence of nothing going wrong.  Sure, the governments demand ADS-B and the only way they can do that is to work with the leading drone manufacturers to have it.  When the older drones gradually die out from being "old" the new ones replace decades later with ADS-B.  Instead of it being a "luxury" to have it, it becomes mandatory otherwise business can't be done and of course a crash would result in lots of other problems society wise.  Back when no one crashed their RC stuff, people didn't care if I was flying over lots of people at a park.  A few days later some RC 3D Heli Pilot expert crashed into himself(head split open) by accident and died.  That scared Everyone and everytime I fly they tell me not to or they will call the cops.

2022-1-27
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

People arguing w/ the laws and fighting how it's wrong or right but it existing is what should happen.  I'm saying why it has to happen but it doesn't have to be a 100% requirement.  It just increases the chances of a collision when things are in the air w/o knowing they are even there.  It's like if COVID only wiped out 20% of the human population and died out fast no one would Still mask today but when problems persist and society demands action as they want to live instead of "resting in peace" from matters beyond their control, stuff has to happen like contact tracing which is incredibly stupid imo because people can get super COVID from things that weren't tracked like someone sneezing with Heavy COVID on items you buy at the grocery store that no one knew happened so everything that got "tracked" got blamed.

Ultimately it's about societal engineering where as long as people are working and everything is "balanced", though super mega broken in some areas, no one cares other matters aren't being addressed.  I'm still trying to figure out how people can think "resting in peace" as not being a good idea in the future as shown from some stuff on the internet that people get thousands of rest in peace comments and a concert for those that suicided that many people attended with positive vibes.  Some people just don't have the "requirements" to make it or make it anymore.  I have a few ideas to help "prevent it"(because I was brought up that way..) that I work on every single day and not by ignoring it.  Bringing awareness is how to engineer properly first.  We are all driven by beliefs that motivate otherwise we wouldn't be here today.  We can't just re-engineer everything from the very beginning and have to keep what we have been doing.  It's what makes us who we are.  I just feel it's understandable when people "lose minds" and can't help but feel bad but we all can only have and do so much and ultimately we just have to feel satisfaction in accepting that.
2022-1-27
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

NGC Posted at 1-27 08:30
100% are "required" to have it. So that should tell you something. Saying our of your arse that only "50%" have it is plain wrong. Stop deflecting.

In the United States, you must be equipped with ADS-B Out to fly in most controlled airspace. Federal Regulations 14 CFR 91.225 and 14 CFR 91.227 contain the details. So closer to 100% of craft have it, unlike your wrong information. Stop being a dildo.

Not all of them have ADS-B.  Phantom 4 Pro V2 jobs are approved and they don't have ADS-B.  Grounding all flights that don't have ADS-B or get lethal injection would be the only way but no one would do that.
2022-1-28
Use props
fans2a188a86
lvl.2
Flight distance : 481677 ft
  • >>>
United States

Suren Posted at 1-25 10:09
Mine takes about a minute to lock sats but loses again when I take off so seems not fully fixed yet.

Isn't it possible that the aircraft might lose a satellite and it not necessarily be a DJI issue?  It seems that if you have the minimum numbers to satellites locked and then lose one over the horizon, you'd expect your GPS status for be downgraded.
2022-1-28
Use props
NGC
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

2022-1-28
Use props
OnurC61
New

Turkey

xiaomi note 9 pro no software support please help me. Tell me how I can do this.
2022-1-28
Use props
NGC
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

2022-1-28
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

fans2a188a86 Posted at 1-28 03:57
Isn't it possible that the aircraft might lose a satellite and it not necessarily be a DJI issue?  It seems that if you have the minimum numbers to satellites locked and then lose one over the horizon, you'd expect your GPS status for be downgraded.

The drone needs to lock onto sats and keep them recorded. For some unknown reason after the December update it seems to take much longer to record the sats and tends to lose/gain them for the 1st 5 minutes before recording properly.
2022-1-28
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

fans2a188a86 Posted at 1-28 03:57
Isn't it possible that the aircraft might lose a satellite and it not necessarily be a DJI issue?  It seems that if you have the minimum numbers to satellites locked and then lose one over the horizon, you'd expect your GPS status for be downgraded.

Horizon wont make any difference to GPS signals, they come from space down and back up, when locked on it’s unlikely you will lose enough signal to effect flying unless you happen to have receiver blocked for some bizarre reason. Easier to spot a pig flying.
2022-1-28
Use props
NGC
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

2022-1-28
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

NGC Posted at 1-28 14:02
As well as the fact that the satellites are geostationary so they don’t fly around and your drone “loses” them.

But, for good measure, I submit this photo.

Nope, GPS satellites are NOT geostationary. they are continuously moving. That's why they must broadcast almanacs of their position and other information.
Here is a good read to inform EVERONE!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_Positioning_System
2022-1-28
Use props
NGC
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

2022-1-28
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

NGC Posted at 1-28 14:18
I stand corrected! But there are so many that there should be no reason to “lose” them.

Well I just did a recording of how long it took to get GPS lock and it took 6 minutes and 7 seconds. Unacceptable DJI. I will be uploading the video shortly once it uploads to YouTube. I will also add the flight log here.
2022-1-28
Use props
NGC
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

2022-1-28
Use props
NGC
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

2022-1-28
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

NGC Posted at 1-28 18:39
Make sure you also give DJI the log files so they can’t keep pretending they aren’t getting them from us.

Yup, will do.
2022-1-28
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

Dropbox link to my flight logs today as requested by Dji.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/dwlvh5v0hp6gwtw/Archive.zip?dl=0
2022-1-28
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

NGC Posted at 1-28 18:39
Make sure you also give DJI the log files so they can’t keep pretending they aren’t getting them from us.

Link posted for log files mate.
2022-1-28
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

NGC Posted at 1-28 05:22

#GPSGate is a real problem.

holy ..., the US blacklisting really did work to cripple the M3

A youtube commenter said:
I still say this is due to DJI Dumping GLONASS from the M3 for Beidou, and I don't know if that can be fixed with a firmware update. my big fear is that this might be the future for all DJI GPS drones, and might well be because of DJI being on the "Entity List" without access to some, perhaps all US hardware & technology. That and the current chip shortage which might have given them no choice but to go with the Chinese Beidou system.
2022-1-28
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

NGC Posted at 1-28 18:20
That’s pretty strong evidence that DJI doesn’t bother to test their firmware before release. They figure- they’ll release it, and let the customers bug test it for them!

I love how they want to be thought of as a “tech company” but they pull this bullsh1t.

2022-1-28
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI needs to give some engineers plans to "hack" workarounds to the blacklisting like, we can't sell you the chips because then we can't sell them to you but we can give you the ability to buy both and make it work yourself.
2022-1-28
Use props
wittmann
lvl.4
Flight distance : 667408 ft
Australia

some observations

I managed to find time to test my M3 after the latest updates applied (with RC-N1 & Pixel 3 XL).
Some observations based on reading other people's comments with some concern (and based on my limited testing so far).

1. Gimbal horizon looks flat.  See attached test image
2. GPS did take 2-3 minutes but was up to 23 when I was up and away.
3. No noticable drifting with sticks off, or altitude gain moving forwards/backwards
4. Straight line RTH worked as advertised, huzzah!  Landed within 20 cm of takeoff.  My MP was never that accurate.
5. I had turned off Airsense and double checked it was off.  The app still alerted me to an aircraft in the area.
6. No app/controller/aircraft disconnects  (never had them in prior testing anyway)
7. In Australia.   Most testing seems to be in North America so far.
8. Aircraft Build date 2021/10  Model DJI Mavic 3(AU)

Have not tested other automation but will get around to it.  Need to find a large area devoid of ... drone enemies.

cheers

test with Nisi PL filter

test with Nisi PL filter

2022-1-28
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

wittmann Posted at 1-28 22:07
I managed to find time to test my M3 after the latest updates applied (with RC-N1 & Pixel 3 XL).
Some observations based on reading other people's comments with some concern (and based on my limited testing so far).

Im surprised your air sense is still working. Mine and a few others it is not working after the latest update. Seems like Dji fixed one thing and broke something else.
2022-1-29
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Suren Posted at 1-29 01:02
Im surprised your air sense is still working. Mine and a few others it is not working after the latest update. Seems like Dji fixed one thing and broke something else.

Mine seems to be working, its something I normally ignore as I can hear and see manned aircraft easily from where I’m based, but using it in controlled airspace in Dublin the other day it was on heat. I’m not sure if its working correctly but it was showing plenty of aircraft and distance as well as warnings.
2022-1-29
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Some observations based on reading other people's comments with some concern (and based on my limited testing so far).

perhaps in that time zone the chinese sats work better
2022-1-29
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Mine is pretty similar to that. I had a problem with craft jumping in bypass mode but seems to be rectified with last FW. I now normally fly with OA turned off and craft is incredibly smooth and controllable.
2022-1-29
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

AntDX316 Posted at 1-28 19:12
holy ..., the US blacklisting really did work to cripple the M3

A youtube commenter said:

But this was not a problem with M3 when first released. It came with FW update in December.
2022-1-29
Use props
djiuser_VU9CoJgfOVyE
lvl.2
Flight distance : 673064 ft
Slovakia

This is super, but PLEASE guys make one very simple but very important improvement to the DJI Fly app: Allow us to pick a slower YAW rate in Normal mode. It is now set to a minimum value of 20 degrees / second. In CINE mode you're allowing to go down to 10 (much better). On other drones I have from you I can go to 5. It's only a software setting, obviously, and it's super important. For example, when shooting orbits and then editing them with a speed increase, even the smallest trajectory variation will show up. With such sensitive settings as 20, it's almost impossible to keep a perfectly smooth orbit.
2022-1-29
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

djiuser_VU9CoJgfOVyE Posted at 1-29 04:31
This is super, but PLEASE guys make one very simple but very important improvement to the DJI Fly app: Allow us to pick a slower YAW rate in Normal mode. It is now set to a minimum value of 20 degrees / second. In CINE mode you're allowing to go down to 10 (much better). On other drones I have from you I can go to 5. It's only a software setting, obviously, and it's super important. For example, when shooting orbits and then editing them with a speed increase, even the smallest trajectory variation will show up. With such sensitive settings as 20, it's almost impossible to keep a perfectly smooth orbit.

You can shoot pretty smooth orbits in auto mode and this is what most professionals use, in fact professionals make great use of all auto features. There is usually a way around most things with this drone.
2022-1-29
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

hallmark007 Posted at 1-29 02:26
Mine seems to be working, its something I normally ignore as I can hear and see manned aircraft easily from where I’m based, but using it in controlled airspace in Dublin the other day it was on heat. I’m not sure if its working correctly but it was showing plenty of aircraft and distance as well as warnings.

Although I can hear it, sometimes when you are far away like I fly, I would like a notification if something is close to the drone but since update I get nothing anymore.
2022-1-29
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Suren Posted at 1-29 10:23
Although I can hear it, sometimes when you are far away like I fly, I would like a notification if something is close to the drone but since update I get nothing anymore.

Look it should be working correctly. I was out with Air2s this afternoon and it’s certainly working correctly on that. But is DJI responsible for what and how it receives information on ADSB. I honestly haven’t a clue, if someone is around here that flys manned aircraft maybe they can explain how it works .

Edit: small amount of info on ADSB IN; seems like its just a receiver in the craft.

ADS-B In
ADS-B In provides operators of properly equipped aircraft with weather and traffic position information delivered directly to the cockpit. ADS-B In-equipped aircraft have access to the graphical weather displays in the cockpit as well as text-based advisories, including Notices to Airmen and significant weather activity.
The FAA provides three forms of ADS-B In Services (Ref. AIM Chapter 4, Section 5 (PDF)).

2022-1-29
Use props
Mrshuer11
lvl.2
Flight distance : 866286 ft
Romania

Great news, I will try to test it to see what are the improvements
2022-1-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules