New DJI Mavic 3 Firmware Released (1/24/2022)
14393 226 2022-1-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

hallmark007 Posted at 1-29 10:30
Look it should be working correctly. I was out with Air2s this afternoon and it’s certainly working correctly on that. But is DJI responsible for what and how it receives information on ADSB. I honestly haven’t a clue, if someone is around here that flys manned aircraft maybe they can explain how it works .

Edit: small amount of info on ADSB IN; seems like its just a receiver in the craft.

I will try to delete and install app again. I had a helicopter fly directly over me when the drone was in the air yesterday and had got nothing. I know all these local copters have the adsb transmitters as I always got notifications when they were near.
2022-1-29
Use props
fans84e16a9b
lvl.2
Flight distance : 247438 ft
  • >>>
United States

Looks like this update broke ADS_B notifications.
2022-1-29
Use props
fans84e16a9b
lvl.2
Flight distance : 247438 ft
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 1-24 02:50
Looks like we now have zoom on normal camera, so many zooms, should have called it mavic zoom

Yeah, but only up to 2x. They should allow up to 4x and also have a setting where user can specify max zoom level in normal mode.

It also appears to only support the zooming when in video mode, not in still mode.
2022-1-29
Use props
djiuser_VqaUH68
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1022300 ft
Australia

RE: New DJI Mavic 3 Firmware Released (1/24/2022) ADSB

hallmark007 Posted at 1-29 10:30
Look it should be working correctly. I was out with Air2s this afternoon and it’s certainly working correctly on that. But is DJI responsible for what and how it receives information on ADSB. I honestly haven’t a clue, if someone is around here that flys manned aircraft maybe they can explain how it works .

Edit: small amount of info on ADSB IN; seems like its just a receiver in the craft.

To support Hallmark007’s query:
M3 is a receiving / presenting ADSB Out data transmitted from aircraft.
Within aircraft systems; ADSB Out is received and utilised to process Traffic Collision & Avoidance System advisories aircraft-to-aircraft.
ADSB IN is essentially a later technology and usually part of a more sophisticated avionics suite for aircraft advanced processing of ADSB Out.
Hope that helps,
2022-1-29
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

fans84e16a9b Posted at 1-29 21:30
Yeah, but only up to 2x. They should allow up to 4x and also have a setting where user can specify max zoom level in normal mode.

It also appears to only support the zooming when in video mode, not in still mode.

Yeah video mode only, this is the same on all DJI drones.
2022-1-30
Use props
liuyipeng
lvl.1
Flight distance : 118031 ft
Hong Kong

WAYPOINTS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DJI !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WAYPOINTS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2022-2-1
Use props
ATKAS
lvl.4
Flight distance : 112303 ft
Australia

...and Dolly Zoom, just for fun
2022-2-2
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

ATKAS Posted at 2-2 14:46

I don't remember which one, but one of the Mastershots videos posted yesterday seemed to have a dolly shot in the beginning. Really cool mixed in with the rest.
2022-2-2
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

ATKAS Posted at 2-2 14:46

Yeah, I forgot about that. It was a nice touch to the Zoom drone.
2022-2-2
Use props
Ulven
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1195394 ft
  • >>>
Norway

liuyipeng Posted at 2-1 04:32
WAYPOINTS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DJI !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WAYPOINTS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yes please! I need it too :-)
2022-2-3
Use props
DarkMyth
lvl.1
Flight distance : 840830 ft
United States

I'm eagerly awaiting the panoramic feature.
2022-2-4
Use props
ATKAS
lvl.4
Flight distance : 112303 ft
Australia

DarkMyth Posted at 2-4 13:22
I'm eagerly awaiting the panoramic feature.

Panos are available now.
2022-2-4
Use props
fans05862d31
lvl.1
Flight distance : 185633 ft
  • >>>
United States

Anyone else lose the ability to save individual raw or jpeg photos when using hyper lapse mode?  My Mavic 3 Cine now only saves the finished MOV and I have RAW selected in the menu.
2022-2-5
Use props
Rick-Becco
lvl.4
Flight distance : 48146 ft
United States

Ulven Posted at 2-3 07:29
yes please! I need it too :-)

Still Waiting for Way Points.
This will determine if I will Purchases.

I shoot a lot of rivers & streams & it would be nice to fly to my points & be able to concentrate on the Photography while the drone fly’s itself.
2022-2-5
Use props
JoshFromPerth
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1160968 ft
Australia

wittmann Posted at 1-28 22:07
I managed to find time to test my M3 after the latest updates applied (with RC-N1 & Pixel 3 XL).
Some observations based on reading other people's comments with some concern (and based on my limited testing so far).

Useful observations!

My observations after 1 flight:
- Horizon lock appears the same, was never an issue for me though
- Telephoto is a lot clearer (similar to applying sharpening in post, but with less highlight bloom also) footage is now much more useful out of camera.
- GPS locks are the same as before, depends entirely on where I am (open park or urban jungle) takes between 30s and 2 minutes to get 11, which will set the home point and I'm good to go. I ended up with 23 about a minute later.
- After hitting pause I can yaw, but can't strafe until I elevate/descend, this is the same when I come out of telephoto mode (sometimes) or some other modes (unscientifically tested yet. I still feel there's some locks on directional input when exiting some modes, perhaps intentional though I'm not sure, and seemingly inconsistent - not a huge problem, likely just my understanding of modes and inputs)

Image is screengrab from video using telephoto at 7x, notably better image sharpness (subjectively speaking)
2022-2-6
Use props
djiuser_Ol73nYSI7SJm
lvl.1

United States

Is it ok to upload the IOS and Android version of the firmware to the Mavic 3?  Some days I use my iPhone 12 Pro Max and some days I use my Tripltek tablet.
2022-2-8
Use props
vsasolutions
lvl.2
Flight distance : 427887 ft
United States

djiuser_Ol73nYSI7SJm Posted at 2-8 18:45
Is it ok to upload the IOS and Android version of the firmware to the Mavic 3?  Some days I use my iPhone 12 Pro Max and some days I use my Tripltek tablet.

I don't think their is a OS specific version.  I use both an iPhone 13 pro max and a Tripltek 8 pro.  Only upgraded firmware once.
2022-2-9
Use props
djiuser_Ol73nYSI7SJm
lvl.1

United States

vsasolutions Posted at 2-9 07:46
I don't think their is a OS specific version.  I use both an iPhone 13 pro max and a Tripltek 8 pro.  Only upgraded firmware once.

Thanks for the reply.  My IOS app told me that there was a firmware update available on 2/7/2022 but I haven't updated it yet.  I flew yesterday with my Tripltek and it said that my firmware was up to date.
2022-2-9
Use props
SzymonN
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1947201 ft
  • >>>
Poland

In the previous version of the software, individual photos in x.jpg format were exported to the sd card in RC PRO. Currently, after updating, I only see videos. Of course, I know that after the flights are finished, I can send photos from the drone catalog to the RC pro. It would be good for it to happen automatically.
2022-2-11
Use props
Ekstranett
lvl.1
Flight distance : 304226 ft
  • >>>
United States

Still no spotlight and activetrack in prores. This must be fixed. Really really a must have feature. Anyone?
2022-2-11
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
Flight distance : 27841053 ft
  • >>>
Germany

djiuser_Ol73nYSI7SJm Posted at 2-8 18:45

I think the best thing is to do the firmware update with the DJ ai assistant 2...

Of course there are no different versions depending on the smartphone you use!
2022-2-12
Use props
pchura
lvl.2
United States

How to download flight log mavic 3??
2022-2-21
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

pchura Posted at 2-21 13:41
How to download flight log mavic 3??

http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/

Use this link and follow instructions.
2022-2-25
Use props
djiuser_nJF0ksUdkomr
lvl.1

Poland

Mavic 3 pro.  After the update, a sensor calibration error pops up, which makes it impossible to start ... when I downgrade to the previous version it's ok. I did the updates using iPhone, iPad and Windows - the effect is always the same.  Unfortunately, the application is not yet calibrated ... Maybe someone had a similar problem, or do you have any ideas?
2022-3-2
Use props
ro_flyer
First Officer
Flight distance : 7557283 ft
Brazil

Spazoo Posted at 1-23 19:24
Wow!  Nice!!  I see some customer requests answered here.

2022-3-2
Use props
ro_flyer
First Officer
Flight distance : 7557283 ft
Brazil

KlooGee Posted at 1-23 19:28
Just as an FYI, it does not look like the battery firmware has been updated.  When I put another battery in, it does not prompt to update it.  So no need to cycle through all your batteries to update them this time.

2022-3-3
Use props
djiuser_EEXtim8SFbZ6
lvl.4
Flight distance : 884301 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hello.  Just curious.  Is there a way around the 4 gig file transfer cap with the mavic 3 cine to an iphone 13 pro?  I can't transfer 4 gig or larger files, new problem, and can't transfer pro res altogether.  Itunes on windows will not recognize pro res files taken by the mavic 3 to be shared on Itunes.  
2022-3-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules