Gimbal protector
4107 22 2022-1-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Vergiliusz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2749 ft
Poland

Hello more experienced users. If I forget to remove the gimbal cover and start the drone, is there a risk of damaging the webcam? A locked gimbal message appears in the application and works properly after removing the cover. Will such a temporary blockage have a negative effect?
2022-1-24
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

No it will be fine.
2022-1-24
Use props
Vergiliusz
lvl.2
Poland

DAFlys Posted at 1-24 01:26
No it will be fine.

Thank You very much for answer and claryficatioin.
2022-1-24
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Vergiliusz Posted at 1-24 01:37
Thank You very much for answer and claryficatioin.

No Probs Vergiliusz.
2022-1-24
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Vergiliusz. Thank you for reaching out and for sharing these information with is. Just a friendly reminder to always remove the gimbal protector on your DJI Mini 2 before powering the said DJI drone on for it not to damage the said gimbal of your DJI Mini 2. Have a safe and a happy flying always.
2022-1-24
Use props
Vergiliusz
lvl.2
Poland

DJI Stephen Posted at 1-24 01:53
Hello there Vergiliusz. Thank you for reaching out and for sharing these information with is. Just a friendly reminder to always remove the gimbal protector on your DJI Mini 2 before powering the said DJI drone on for it not to damage the said gimbal of your DJI Mini 2. Have a safe and a happy flying always.

I try rememeber about that but some times I forget about it :-P its strange because this is not small part but when I open legs and connect controler to phone I want fly and than I think. I remove protector from gimbal or not?
2022-1-24
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Vergiliusz Posted at 1-24 02:04
I try rememeber about that but some times I forget about it :-P its strange because this is not small part but when I open legs and connect controler to phone I want fly and than I think. I remove protector from gimbal or not?

Hi there Vergiliusz. Thank you for the reply and for giving out these information. It would be best to create a pre flight checklist before flying your DJI Mini 2 for you to have a great flying experience. For reference, I will post a pre flight checklist for the said DJI Drone. Thank you.

2022-1-25
Use props
Rockbyter
lvl.4
Flight distance : 194472 ft
United Kingdom

I stick a bit of red ribbon to the cover and the prop clamp, reminds me to take it off.
2022-2-9
Use props
No Original Thought
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1364209 ft
United Kingdom

Rockbyter Posted at 2-9 12:19
I stick a bit of red ribbon to the cover and the prop clamp, reminds me to take it off.

Now that's a good idea!

Just like the "Remove before flight" pitot covers on manned aircraft.

I think I might steal that idea and create something like that myself!

-N.O.T.
2022-2-9
Use props
No Original Thought
Second Officer
United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 1-25 22:48
Hi there Vergiliusz. Thank you for the reply and for giving out these information. It would be best to create a pre flight checklist before flying your DJI Mini 2 for you to have a great flying experience. For reference, I will post a pre flight checklist for the said DJI Drone. Thank you.

[view_image]
You might also want to take a look at the checklist in this post https://forum.dji.com/thread-258606-1-1.html.

It's _a_lot_ more comprehensive but includes everything from the DJI user manual list as well.

-N.O.T.
2022-2-9
Use props
e-XPLoDeR
lvl.2
Flight distance : 426512 ft
Turkey

I think there won't be any problems. Sometimes I do the same and nothing abnormal till today.
2022-2-10
Use props
yogi053
Second Officer
Flight distance : 26104915 ft
United Kingdom

The idea of attaching ribbons etc as aide memoirs has been discussed here on the forum in times gone by. You will find such items to attach to the gimbal protectors on the likes of Amazon and Ebay.
2022-2-10
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

No Original Thought Posted at 2-9 14:38
You might also want to take a look at the checklist in this post https://forum.dji.com/thread-258606-1-1.html.

It's _a_lot_ more comprehensive but includes everything from the DJI user manual list as well.

Hi there -N.O.T. Good day and thank you for giving out these information and this DJI Forum link as well. Again, thank you for your support and have a nice day.
2022-2-10
Use props
No Original Thought
Second Officer
United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 2-10 21:18
Hi there -N.O.T. Good day and thank you for giving out these information and this DJI Forum link as well. Again, thank you for your support and have a nice day.

You're welcome. Just trying to do my bit too help the community.

-N.O.T.
2022-2-11
Use props
No Original Thought
Second Officer
United Kingdom

yogi053 Posted at 2-10 07:05
The idea of attaching ribbons etc as aide memoirs has been discussed here on the forum in times gone by. You will find such items to attach to the gimbal protectors on the likes of Amazon and Ebay.

I'll take a look, though personally I've probably got something suitable lying around that will do the job nicely.

-N.O.T.
2022-2-11
Use props
yogi053
Second Officer
Flight distance : 26104915 ft
United Kingdom

No Original Thought Posted at 2-11 01:05
I'll take a look, though personally I've probably got something suitable lying around that will do the job nicely.

-N.O.T.

As I found as well.
2022-2-11
Use props
UKMoose
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3657552 ft
United Kingdom

Hi here you go, diy job, and I still forget from time to time.
2022-2-11
Use props
No Original Thought
Second Officer
United Kingdom

UKMoose Posted at 2-11 10:26
Hi here you go, diy job, and I still forget from time to time.
[view_image]

Nice! Looks good.

-N.O.T.
2022-2-11
Use props
UKMoose
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3657552 ft
United Kingdom

Cheers works for me.
2022-2-11
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Could it not damage the gimbal motors though, because it does still try to do the dance of its peoples, i put on a strip of red polythene on the protector of my P4P, not really found anywhere to do the sameon the Mini 2, i have forgot about times though, once i just managed to get it off before the dance...
2022-3-5
Use props
JacktheRipper
lvl.2

United States

Here's where I put my reminder (P-Touch Label Maker). Also, note the tag on the SD card. Has card ID and size on the side you can't see
IMG_1287.jpeg
2022-3-10
Use props
No Original Thought
Second Officer
United Kingdom

JacktheRipper Posted at 3-10 11:04
Here's where I put my reminder (P-Touch Label Maker). Also, note the tag on the SD card. Has card ID and size on the side you can't see[Image]

Hmm, I might take that idea a bit further and extend the label from the gimbal protector down over the power button (without sticky exposed, of course)... That way you can't get to the power button without moving the label/protector.
2022-3-11
Use props
JacktheRipper
lvl.2

United States

My first version of this was a label next to the ON/OFF switch that said "Gimbal Off?", but I decided to just put a big red label on what needed to be taken off instead. After I looked at this picture, I decided to make the labels on my micro SD cards green, for goodness, with the writing on both side of the tab. On top of the drone I have "IF FOUND CALL 714 XXX-XXXX,

I also did go ahead and register my drone with the FAA, and that number's on the side, and I carry the registration certificate (laminated) with me. And I always get the LAANC authorization before I fly, since I'm within 5 miles of John Wayne Airport here in Orange County, CA. I carry my FAA-authorized training course completion certificate, also laminated. And I have a letter from my city that states "Fountain Valley has no rules or regulations restricting the flying of drones." I had one guy come up to me when I was landing once, and when I showed all this to him, he said "OK, thanks for doing your homework and explaining all this to me".
2022-3-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules