4114 10 2022-1-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
joshirwandi
lvl.1
Flight distance : 6040 ft
Indonesia

Hi,

I just recently purchased a Mavic Air 2S, and started taking photos and videos with it.

When I import the image and video files on Photo Mechanic, there is an issue with the timestamp on photos. The dates on the files (the way I rename my files, for cataloguing) appear as 19700101 (1 January 1970). I tried formatting the SD card but the issue doesn't go away. Interestingly, it doesn't happen with videos. I have also tried updating the firmware but still the issue persists.

Could you tell me what's wrong with the product, and see how I could fix it?

Thanks very much.

Best,

Josh
2022-1-24
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi there, sorry that you're having this issue. Could you please provide us with the original file for further confirmation? Please also check if the time of your device is correct. You may also download and install the latest app through the link below to see if it helps. https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly
2022-1-24
Use props
joshirwandi
lvl.1
Indonesia

Here are the original files, the one straight off the camera and the one after I exported it.
The time on my device (iPhone 8) is correct, and DJI Fly App seems to be working okay... I have a Mavic Mini and a Mavic Pro and they never had an issue with timestamp and file renaming.

Thank you for your help, and please let me know what I can do.

2022-1-24
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, there. Could you please upload the original files to Google Drive/ Dropbox? If it is convenient, please give us a screenshot of the issue described to do further confirmation. Looking forward to your update.
2022-1-24
Use props
joshirwandi
lvl.1
Indonesia

Hi – https://www.dropbox.com/s/oxobxvfguyqlyrl/Archive.zip?dl=0

Here are samples of the original files.
2022-1-24
Use props
joshirwandi
lvl.1
Indonesia

Here is a screenshot of the issue. As you can see, all exported photo files take up the iptcyear, iptc month and date, as 19700101. Strangely enough, it doesn't happen with the video files (MP4 at the bottom) which record correctly the date and time the video was taken.
2022-1-24
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

joshirwandi Posted at 1-24 23:49
[view_image]

Here is a screenshot of the issue. As you can see, all exported photo files take up the iptcyear, iptc month and date, as 19700101. Strangely enough, it doesn't happen with the video files (MP4 at the bottom) which record correctly the date and time the video was taken.

Hi, there. Thank you for your information. We will transfer them to the relevant engineer. Once there is any update, we will notify you in time. Please kindly know that.
2022-1-25
Use props
joshirwandi
lvl.1
Indonesia

Hello,

Has there been any updates regarding this issue?

Thanks,

Josh
2022-2-7
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

joshirwandi Posted at 2-7 09:37
Hello,

Has there been any updates regarding this issue?

Hi, there. Sorry for the late reply. We checked the original files and found that the time information of the photos is correct. It may be that the software you are using has an error of renaming the file when importing the file. Could you please connect the drone to the computer and check the filename directly to see if it is correct?
2022-2-7
Use props
djiuser_axK5BSHPPfL0
New

United States

I have a Mavic Air 2S and a Mavic Mini which I use for video, simultaneously.   The two drones use slightly different methods for marking the video file  "Media Created", "Date Created", and "Date Modified" file attributes (Windows 11), which makes it very difficult to align time critical video between the two drones.   For critical time sequencing I'm less concerened about the actual local time than I am about the two drones using the same rules to mark the files.   Will there be uniform time handling across the Air 2S and Mini, if not across all DJI drones?   
2023-10-12
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_axK5BSHPPfL0 Posted at 10-12 06:45
I have a Mavic Air 2S and a Mavic Mini which I use for video, simultaneously.   The two drones use slightly different methods for marking the video file  "Media Created", "Date Created", and "Date Modified" file attributes (Windows 11), which makes it very difficult to align time critical video between the two drones.   For critical time sequencing I'm less concerened about the actual local time than I am about the two drones using the same rules to mark the files.   Will there be uniform time handling across the Air 2S and Mini, if not across all DJI drones?

Hi, djiuser_axK5BSHPPfL0. Thank you for reaching out and sharing your experience. We will take this as a suggestion of yours and we will forward it to our related department. All significant suggestions will be implemented after the evaluation of our relevant team. For the latest updates please stay tuned to our DJI official website at ( www.dji.com ). Thank you for your understanding and support.
2023-10-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules