16764 40 2022-1-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

Ok, I have been trying and trying, but keep bumping my head.  Is there anyway to get the Google App store working on this controller?
2022-1-24
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

The silence on this thread concerns me.
2022-1-24
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there TonyPHX. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. You can download third-party applications on the DJI RC Pro through the built-in browser or install APK files from a microSD card. Just a reminder that DJI will not be liable for any permission or safety issues resulting from use of third-party applications. If an installed third-party application prevents optimal use of your controller, it is suggested to remove the app or restore the controller to original factory settings. Thank you.
2022-1-24
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 1-24 21:06
Hello there TonyPHX. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. You can download third-party applications on the DJI RC Pro through the built-in browser or install APK files from a microSD card. Just a reminder that DJI will not be liable for any permission or safety issues resulting from use of third-party applications. If an installed third-party application prevents optimal use of your controller, it is suggested to remove the app or restore the controller to original factory settings. Thank you.

Thank you @DJI Stephen, not really what I am trying to do.  There are some apps that specifically require the presence of Google Play Services and really trying to get that installed and working.  The Google Store is optional to me, but would be nice since I do have a lot of licensed purchases in that store for Android that would be great on the controller.

I know this is a tough subject because technically speaking even the predecessor Smart Controller did not include native support for the Google Play Store.  I'll keep tooling around until I figure this one out.  : )
2022-1-24
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

TonyPHX Posted at 1-24 21:49
Thank you @DJI Stephen, not really what I am trying to do.  There are some apps that specifically require the presence of Google Play Services and really trying to get that installed and working.  The Google Store is optional to me, but would be nice since I do have a lot of licensed purchases in that store for Android that would be great on the controller.

I know this is a tough subject because technically speaking even the predecessor Smart Controller did not include native support for the Google Play Store.  I'll keep tooling around until I figure this one out.  : )

Doesn't the same method work that worked on the orginal smart controller?
2022-1-25
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 1-25 00:38
Doesn't the same method work that worked on the orginal smart controller?

I wish.  : (  

Differences in architecture make that previous and un-updated method out of date.  Well, I did find an updated version of that installer, but it too failed to work.  
2022-1-25
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

TonyPHX Posted at 1-24 21:49
Thank you @DJI Stephen, not really what I am trying to do.  There are some apps that specifically require the presence of Google Play Services and really trying to get that installed and working.  The Google Store is optional to me, but would be nice since I do have a lot of licensed purchases in that store for Android that would be great on the controller.

I know this is a tough subject because technically speaking even the predecessor Smart Controller did not include native support for the Google Play Store.  I'll keep tooling around until I figure this one out.  : )

Hi there TonyPHX. Thank you for the reply and for these additional information that you have given. Again, thank you for your valued support and have a nice day.
2022-1-26
Use props
MKDP
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2613402 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

TonyPHX Posted at 1-25 08:11
I wish.  : (  

Differences in architecture make that previous and un-updated method out of date.  Well, I did find an updated version of that installer, but it too failed to work.

I tried and couldn't get it to work. In the end, I just put some useful bookmarks like no fly zones and weather sites on instead of the apps.
2022-1-27
Use props
Ski_K2
lvl.2
Flight distance : 137671 ft
  • >>>
United States

Have you tried the Play services APK download from the Litchi site?

https://flylitchi.com/dji-monitors

2022-2-3
Use props
sduck
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4315098 ft
United States

Ski_K2 Posted at 2-3 07:58

It doesn't work on the RC Pro. Yet. As stated on that site.
2022-2-3
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Ski_K2 Posted at 2-3 07:58

Not tried yet, but will at least look at it.  I see they say RC Pro not supported yet as well,   : (
2022-2-3
Use props
HubertAile
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6348120 ft
  • >>>
France

I also tried the manipulation of the smart controller but without success...

If someone manages to install Google services, I'm interested.
2022-2-4
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

HubertAile Posted at 2-4 09:45
I also tried the manipulation of the smart controller but without success...

If someone manages to install Google services, I'm interested.

For sure.  It is a race to the first one to discover the secret sauce.
2022-2-4
Use props
DJIowCIPuser
lvl.3
Flight distance : 758904 ft
Switzerland

Hello all

The only thing at the moment what i was able to do was, install the apkpure. On this way i could install some different APPs from GOOGLE PLAY store.

https://apkpure.com/

If it works also with some APPs (litchi / ....) i dont could test, because i don't have right now the LITCHI app used.

BR ZHCIP
2022-2-26
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DJIowCIPuser Posted at 2-26 02:10
Hello all

The only thing at the moment what i was able to do was, install the apkpure. On this way i could install some different APPs from GOOGLE PLAY store.

Oh yes, APKPure.  Just be careful.  That was one of the third party app stores I tried.  I mistakenly let it do an update and it found some components (sorry cannot remember which ones) that needed updating and I remember it cause an annoying repetitive error on my controller.  

It would have been fine had I not let it do the auto-update, so not saying that APKPure is at fault, but it did  cause me to reset to factory settings.  Then I just decided to forgo trying anymore.  I'm kind of a purist...I want the google play store to work or nothing.
2022-2-27
Use props
SpycelyOdim
lvl.1

United States

First, try clearing all data and refreshing work or resetting google play services.
2022-3-4
Use props
sduck
lvl.4
United States

I was able to install the amazon app store on my RC Pro.
2022-3-4
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

sduck Posted at 3-4 21:44
I was able to install the amazon app store on my RC Pro.

Cool. The reason I am wanting the Google play store is for Google Play Services required by some of the other drone automation apps.  I have not tried Amazon's store but you have inspired me to give it a try.

By chance do you use Litchi, Dronelink, or Drone Deploy?
2022-3-5
Use props
sduck
lvl.4
United States

Litchi is available in the amazon store, don't know about the others
2022-3-5
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

sduck Posted at 3-5 21:27
Litchi is available in the amazon store, don't know about the others

Cool.  So in addition to the availability of the app, many of the apps require Google Play Services without which the app cannot run.  So if I were to sideload something like Dronelink, (I tried) it would still not run because it is dependant upon prereqs from Google Play that are not on the RC Pro.  This is why I really want to find a way to get the Google Play app and the services on the RC Pro.
2022-3-6
Use props
SpycelyOdim
lvl.1

United States

First, try clearing all data and refreshing work or resetting google play services. Make sure there are no viruses on your device. Also, one option that helped me was a system reset to factory settings. While searching for the problem on the internet, I came across a site that offered to earn free google play credit. I don't trust such platforms much, but my interest was stronger than my fear. After a while, I started earning my first credits sitting at home on the couch and answering surveys from other users. I recommend trying it
2022-3-14
Use props
frankymusik
Second Officer
Flight distance : 27841053 ft
  • >>>
Germany

SpycelyOdim Posted at 3-14 03:47
First, try clearing all data and refreshing work or resetting google play services. Make sure there are no viruses on your device. Also, one option that helped me was a system reset to factory settings. While searching for the problem on the internet, I came across a site that offered to earn free google play credit. I don't trust such platforms much, but my interest was stronger than my fear. After a while, I started earning my first credits sitting at home on the couch and answering surveys from other users. I recommend trying it

Please be very clear:
Do you use Google Play Services on the RC Pro?  
If so, what order did you install it in...?
2022-3-14
Use props
Mobilehomer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

frankymusik Posted at 3-14 13:06
Please be very clear:
Do you use Google Play Services on the RC Pro?  
If so, what order did you install it in...?

If you read between the lines just a little, you will see that this a spammer. He is trolling google play credits. The RC Pro does NOT at this moment support the Play Store or Services.
2022-3-14
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

SpycelyOdim Posted at 3-14 03:47
First, try clearing all data and refreshing work or resetting google play services. Make sure there are no viruses on your device. Also, one option that helped me was a system reset to factory settings. While searching for the problem on the internet, I came across a site that offered to earn free google play credit. I don't trust such platforms much, but my interest was stronger than my fear. After a while, I started earning my first credits sitting at home on the couch and answering surveys from other users. I recommend trying it

I agree, this subject should be targeted at DJI . RC pro is expensive kit it should be able to cope with Apps .
2022-3-14
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 3-14 14:58
I agree, this subject should be targeted at DJI . RC pro is expensive kit it should be able to cope with Apps .

Agreed, and it will make me love the RC pro.  Right now, I have them sitting on the shelf.  I really want to be able to use some specific third party apps.  Alas, I have a tablet to do that with right now.  But really would like to forgo the tablet in favor of the RC Pro.
2022-3-14
Use props
frankymusik
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

TonyPHX Posted at 3-14 20:30
Agreed, and it will make me love the RC pro.  Right now, I have them sitting on the shelf.  I really want to be able to use some specific third party apps.  Alas, I have a tablet to do that with right now.  But really would like to forgo the tablet in favor of the RC Pro.

... for me there are a lot of arguments to use the RC Pro (instead of the "normal" RC plus a cell phone etc. pp.).
I don't even know where to start listing all the benefits...
2022-3-14
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

frankymusik Posted at 3-14 23:36
... for me there are a lot of arguments to use the RC Pro (instead of the "normal" RC plus a cell phone etc. pp.).
I don't even know where to start listing all the benefits...

Agreed.  My first go-to would be 100% DJI product and just use the RC Pro.  However, with the tablet, I can:  

Have other apps like:
Aloft & B4ufly, and since I have cellular on the tablet, can get the auth sms's right to the device.
Have my other GPS and compass apps, helpful for finding the location where a customer wants me to film.  (Think vacant properties in the middle of nowhere where county roads don't quite cut it.)
Google apps, Google Ads, Google Business etc for your business listing.  Assuming drones are a side gig business.
OneDrive for easily getting flight logs off to my server.  (Server back at home using Flight Reader)
Run other SAR apps - share and coorindate KML files from Google Earth
And of course the automation apps I have noted.  

The net for me is that with the right tablet, I can practically run my drone business from the same device I use to fly with.  There are certain on-site events I have done also where being able to take a credit card is helpful, and the tablet again helps there.  Would I get all that from using the RC Pro, If I could get the apps on there sure, but still would not actually do that because of the sticks.  : )

2022-3-15
Use props
frankymusik
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

TonyPHX Posted at 3-15 07:58
Agreed.  My first go-to would be 100% DJI product and just use the RC Pro.  However, with the tablet, I can:  

Have other apps like:

Oh man, we're actually talking about two things here!

1. The best possible control of the Mavic 3

2. The connection with the entire (other) world

Point 1 is important to me. That's what the RC Pro is for. This controller will probably never be able to take over the functions of point 2, I am firmly convinced of that.
It shouldn't have to take over these functions either, but focus "fully and completely" on controlling the drone. Also for reasons of safety and reliability...
I would be happy if I could (in advance) load the maps of the area where I fly. That would then be a static display of the maps that hardly uses the computing power of the RC Pro...
I have now set up a hotspot on my smartphone so I can view the current map on the RC Pro while flying. It must be enough...
As I said, I use my smartphone for everything else.
2022-3-15
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

frankymusik Posted at 3-15 13:00
Oh man, we're actually talking about two things here!

1. The best possible control of the Mavic 3

Yep, exactly.  I want it all.  : )   If I ever get a chance to talk with DJI product management, I know exactly what I would ask for in terms of RC whatever!

Your use case is very valid as well.  Having the ability to have the maps preloaded is important!
2022-3-15
Use props
gionpi
lvl.1
Italy

TonyPHX Posted at 3-6 08:25
Cool.  So in addition to the availability of the app, many of the apps require Google Play Services without which the app cannot run.  So if I were to sideload something like Dronelink, (I tried) it would still not run because it is dependant upon prereqs from Google Play that are not on the RC Pro.  This is why I really want to find a way to get the Google Play app and the services on the RC Pro.

Hello,
did You confirm that Dronelink doesn't works on RC Pro?
Thank You
2022-5-9
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

gionpi Posted at 5-9 01:44
Hello,
did You confirm that Dronelink doesn't works on RC Pro?
Thank You

Yes.  It requires Google Play Services, and I cannot successully get Google Play Services installed.
2022-5-9
Use props
djiuser_n6a8bTBeQWcA
New
Flight distance : 12152493 ft
Poland

Hi, who know how I can install third party apps on my dji rc plus controller for dji matrice 30t?
2022-10-22
Use props
djiuser_chPoQJ5YrwTK
lvl.1
Ukraine

Hello guys, I know how to make google apps and services work on Dji Smart Controller and Dji Enterprise Controller (which comes with Matrice 300 RTK), however, I really want to know, have anyone figured out how to install google services and make them work on RC Plus controller which comes with Matrice M30?
2022-11-28
Use props
DroneMoister
lvl.1
Flight distance : 67221 ft
Sweden

djiuser_chPoQJ5YrwTK Posted at 2022-11-28 10:11
Hello guys, I know how to make google apps and services work on Dji Smart Controller and Dji Enterprise Controller (which comes with Matrice 300 RTK), however, I really want to know, have anyone figured out how to install google services and make them work on RC Plus controller which comes with Matrice M30?

How? You mean the 330 controller that comes with the DJI mini 3 pro?
2023-2-28
Use props
djiuser_BLklXHYluZE6
New

Peru

Tengo el mavic 3 enterprise me ayudas cómo instalar el Play Store ?? Dices que si puedes..
2023-7-7
Use props
djiuser_BLklXHYluZE6
New

Peru

I have the mavic 3 enterprise, can you help me how to install the Play Store? You say that if you can..
2023-7-7
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

You don't need the Google play store.  Mavic 3 E's enterprise controller works great with Drone Deploy (amazon app store) and Dronelink now has a version for this controller.
2023-7-7
Use props
Freeloader
lvl.4
Flight distance : 144688 ft
United States

Mabey watch this ,don't know how true it is looks like alot of things to go through.
2023-7-7
Use props
ropero597
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2720364 ft
Spain

TonyPHX Posted at 2022-3-6 08:25
Yo tengo instalado Dronelink y funciona perfectamente,Dronelink tiene un instalador específico para rc pro ,lo tienes que instalar directamente desde su página web y funciona perfectamente.
El aún no funciona es Litchi porque te requiere los servicios de Google.
2023-9-1
Use props
djiuser_VmihpNUfxVT3
lvl.3
Flight distance : 60935 ft
United States

ropero597@gmail Posted at 9-1 13:27
Yo tengo instalado Dronelink y funciona perfectamente,Dronelink tiene un instalador específico para rc pro ,lo tienes que instalar directamente desde su página web y funciona perfectamente.
El aún no funciona es Litchi porque te requiere los servicios de Google.

Eso es incorrecto. Puede instalar Litchi desde la tienda de aplicaciones de Amazon. Primero debes descargar la aplicación Amazon Appstore.
2023-10-4
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules