New DJI RSC 2 Firmware Released (1/25/2022)
13890 12 2022-1-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Support
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Overview:
  • Date: 2022.01.25
  • Firmware: v01.04.00.20
  • RavenEye Firmware: v01.03.00.30
  • DJI Ronin App iOS: v1.4.11
  • DJI Ronin App Android: v1.4.10
  • User Manual: v1.0

What's New?
  • Added photo capture, video recording, camera settings, autofocus, and focus pull support for Sony A7M4 cameras with supported E mount lenses using Multi-Camera Control Cable (USB-C). To use autofocus on Sony A7M4, press halfway down on the gimbal camera control button.

Notes:
  • Motor parameters are reset after updating firmware. Make sure to autotune DJI RSC 2.
  • Make sure that the DJI Ronin app is the latest version when updating the firmware.
  • Update the firmware using the DJI Ronin app by connecting the DJI RSC 2 via Bluetooth. Do not disconnect the DJI Ronin app and DJI RSC 2 during the update process.
  • Update the firmware for the DJI RavenEye Image Transmission System using the DJI Ronin app by connecting the RavenEye via Wi-Fi. Do not disconnect the DJI Ronin app and DJI RavenEye Image Transmission System during the update process.
  • If DJI RSC 2 has a camera attached and is powered on while updating the firmware, make sure to protect the camera and lens as the motors will power off during the update.
  • If the firmware update fails, restart DJI RSC 2 and retry.

2022-1-25
Use props
NailTimVideo
lvl.3
Russia

Despite I am not a user of Sony A7M4, FW is updated on my RSC2 and it seems to be OK with Canon 90D & 18-135 Nano USM.
2022-2-4
Use props
JDB0021
New

United States

Where is the website link to get new firmware release(s)?
2022-2-4
Use props
djiuser_L6NWkcMp3qZW
New

Spain

I have a problem with this firmware and doens't work properly with mi Sony A7 III with the Usb cable, so I need go back to the original version of the RSC 2, it's possible to go back?? and how??? Thanks!
2022-2-6
Use props
EttoreCattoli
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2473432 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Situation:A7iV connected to Ronin RSC2 with multiport connect on Sony and RSS usb-c port on Ronin, all work fine,
I power off gimbal and camera, I leave the cable connected, if I try to power on the Camera (gimball still off, only connected by multi cable but off) on A7iv it blinks 12 times the red led and camera doen't power on until I remove battery for 10 seconds. Problem occured with or without SD Cards inside and with or without lens mounted.
Same situation if I try to power on the camera with the gimbal already powered on.
It occurs 3 times on 10 tests.
The ony way to be sure to power on the Sony A7IV every time is to disconnect the multi cable before to power on the camera and connect the multi cable with camera still on.
Is it a bug or a camera/gimbal problem?
I did a video about the issue.

[color=var(--ytcp-call-to-action)]Video link: Red led error
2022-2-23
Use props
EttoreCattoli
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2473432 ft
  • >>>
Italy

It's a big problem because this situation is not reliable during a wedding event.
Is it a bug between the new sony camera and the RSC2 gimbal?
2022-2-23
Use props
ro_flyer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7557283 ft
Brazil

EttoreCattoli Posted at 2-23 11:04
It's a big problem because this situation is not reliable during a wedding event.
Is it a bug between the new sony camera and the RSC2 gimbal?

2022-3-3
Use props
Flurian
lvl.1

Germany

Hello,
I got a new RSC2 and could charge it without problems. I used it for a few hours and then in the app I got notified that I can install new firmware (01.04.00.20) which I did.
The gimbal was fully charged and I used it for 2 hours, battery was drained to 72%, but when I came back nothing happens when I plugin the USB-C charger cable.

The charger and cable still work fine with other devices. And I have tried another charger and another USB-C cable without success.
When I plug in the cable, and the gimbal is turned off, I do not even get the battery charge indication on the display anymore.

Is this related to the firmware, am I missing something?
Please assist, thank you
2022-3-8
Use props
djiuser_fy1JlWv0NDe1
New
Flight distance : 87815 ft
Norway

Good day,
I believe rsc2 require one more update both on apps and device. I am a seaman and while taking pictures I need to hold trigger if I need to lock the gimble. However when I catch a scene especially night time and if I need to create a time lapse video I need to hold trigger as long as time lapse photos taken and some times it takes minutes. I believe you can add one easy way to lock the gimbal without holding the trigger. I and also other users will be appreciated for that.
Thanks in advance.
2022-4-7
Use props
djiuser_d1EQoPcRNlkY
New
France

EttoreCattoli Posted at 2-23 10:47
Situation:A7iV connected to Ronin RSC2 with multiport connect on Sony and RSS usb-c port on Ronin, all work fine,
I power off gimbal and camera, I leave the cable connected, if I try to power on the Camera (gimball still off, only connected by multi cable but off) on A7iv it blinks 12 times the red led and camera doen't power on until I remove battery for 10 seconds. Problem occured with or without SD Cards inside and with or without lens mounted.
Same situation if I try to power on the camera with the gimbal already powered on.

Hello. I have same configuration and sae problem.
2022-4-18
Use props
UnborN
lvl.4
Cyprus

I currently own a Ronin RSC2 which im using with a Canon 80D
i see from the camera compatibility list that the RSC2 also supports the Canon R5 and R6
My question : im about to order the newly released Canon R7 .. do you think camera control with the front wheel for ISO/aperture and record control with the usb cable will be possible as is ?
or should we expect another firmware update for this ?
2022-6-19
Use props
A.N
lvl.1
Egypt

I am a new user of RSC 2 and sony camera I feel like I can't do my job when going to an event and go to sleep mood and then back motor still off I repeat still motor not working looks like it's still sleeping mood then I shut down and start it over like more than 3 or 5 time to make it work again, and sure I lost my job for that reason this all about firmware update
also, I have a sony zv E10 function with RavenEye work but when I start recording the video screen goes black and I lose the tracking of a subject.
we really need new firmware as soon as possible

2022-8-4
Use props
Dacalm01
lvl.1
United States

djiuser_L6NWkcMp3qZW Posted at 2-6 04:40
I have a problem with this firmware and doens't work properly with mi Sony A7 III with the Usb cable, so I need go back to the original version of the RSC 2, it's possible to go back?? and how??? Thanks!

I have the same issue since ive updated the firmware i plug in the usb-c and it no longer works yet it worked before the update. I use a gh5 on mines and i even splurged for the other cable.
2022-8-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules