Phone struggles to detect the RC Controller - what happens?
669 9 2022-1-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Louman
lvl.1

Switzerland

My phone (64-bit / Android above 6.0) most of the time struggles to detect the RC controller through the cable!I recently purchased the drone (4-5 days ago).

It takes like 5min of trying, turning off & on, moving the cable, etc. so that the app detects the controller. After a bit, it detects the controller and everything goes fine but takes annoyingly too much.  I don't know what the reason is for it, I still haven't discovered it.
Could it be the cable? The app? My phone?

Any ideas or suggestions?

Thank you very much

2022-1-25
Use props
KlooGee
First Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

First thing I'd try is another cable!  Most people have about 83 different USB cables laying around, so it would be easy enough to test with other cables.
2022-1-25
Use props
Spudster17
lvl.2
Flight distance : 199810 ft
United States

If you have a case on the phone it could prevent the cable from being completely inserted.
2022-1-25
Use props
WaterMaster
lvl.3
United States

Spudster17 Posted at 1-25 14:07
If you have a case on the phone it could prevent the cable from being completely inserted.

With a case (Spigen Liquid Crystal) on my Note 8 the RC231 control hits the power button, without the case it is fine. The Type C USB plug is much better than the older USB Micro style, are you using the USB cord from the RC231 controller?
2022-1-25
Use props
DAYTONA392
lvl.4
Flight distance : 131942 ft
United States

You might also want to consider checking the USB port on the bottom of your phone. There was another post from another person that mentioned they had a similar problem and realized the port was full of various debris and / or lint. It was causing the plug to not fully seat and therefore not being detected as connected.

2022-1-25
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Louman. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. May we please know what is the model of the mobile device that you are using please and are you receiving any error messages on the DJI Fly application when this happening? Thank you.
2022-1-25
Use props
dji_MODDER
First Officer
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

Check if your mini 2 is updated (firmware on Mini2 and RC).
Start Rc, Start mini2, are the connected? then put cable into phone.

2022-1-25
Use props
Louman
lvl.1

Switzerland

KlooGee Posted at 1-25 12:13
First thing I'd try is another cable!  Most people have about 83 different USB cables laying around, so it would be easy enough to test with other cables.

It seems like it is the cable...

Do you know if I could ask for a cable replacement?
(Most double-side USB-C cables are +1m long which I annoying of course when RC and phone are connected)
2022-1-26
Use props
Louman
lvl.1

Switzerland

DJI Stephen Posted at 1-25 20:45
Hello there Louman. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. May we please know what is the model of the mobile device that you are using please and are you receiving any error messages on the DJI Fly application when this happening? Thank you.

Hi Stephen,

My phone is the Mi 9T Pro (I checked if it's 64-bit and it seems like it is).
I just tried it with another double-sided USB-C cable and it worked instantly, so I will guess it is the cable... I also don't receive any error messages, it just struggles to detect the controller when both are connected through the cable - eventually it connects but it takes many tries.

Do you have any idea if I could order another cable for it, and where?
(The USB-C cables are normally for charging phones which are +1m long so not so comfortable when connecting phone with RC as you have 1m cable hanging from the controller)
2022-1-26
Use props
dji_MODDER
First Officer
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

I have this one:
https://www.amazon.com/Hanatora- ... WNrPXRydWU&th=1
2022-1-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now