Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
TTFF for GPS facts.
674 7 2022-1-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mobilehomer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

This is an article teaching GPS TTFF. It explains it well, but not why DJI drones are losing the almanac information so fast. They need to look into this.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time_to_first_fix
2022-1-25
Use props
kyalami
lvl.4
Flight distance : 44914321 ft
Sweden

Interesting. Thanks for this info. Yes, there seams to be a distinct difference on some of the new Mavic3s and also between the Mavic 2 Pro that I have. My M2P is very fast in acquiring 12-18 or more GPS. I wonder if this also have something to do with that I always start from the same position every time, as I always fly in the same area and sometimes if I fly with 3 batteries in consecutive order, I some time do not hear the voice that home point is set, but have this on the map on the RC Go 4 phone. Does it some how remember the GPS information?
2022-1-26
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

kyalami Posted at 1-26 01:37
Interesting. Thanks for this info. Yes, there seams to be a distinct difference on some of the new Mavic3s and also between the Mavic 2 Pro that I have. My M2P is very fast in acquiring 12-18 or more GPS. I wonder if this also have something to do with that I always start from the same position every time, as I always fly in the same area and sometimes if I fly with 3 batteries in consecutive order, I some time do not hear the voice that home point is set, but have this on the map on the RC Go 4 phone. Does it some how remember the GPS information?

I some time do not hear the voice that home point is set, but have this on the map on the RC Go 4 phone. Does it some how remember the GPS information
If you are asking, does the drone remember the previous homepoint?
The answer is  ... No.
When you power off your drone, the homepoint is lost.
When you power on again, there is no homepoint until the drone gets good enough location data and records a new one.
2022-1-26
Use props
kyalami
lvl.4
Sweden

Labroides Posted at 1-26 03:30
I some time do not hear the voice that home point is set, but have this on the map on the RC Go 4 phone. Does it some how remember the GPS information
If you are asking, does the drone remember the previous homepoint?
The answer is  ... No.

Thanks for confirming that the home point is lost when craft is turned off. So it looks like the drone records a new home point even if I do not here the voice saying so. That is OK. as I always check this any way before flying. Perhaps what they call a glitch?
2022-1-26
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nice find and thanks for sharing.  
2022-1-26
Use props
Mobilehomer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

kyalami Posted at 1-26 06:15
Thanks for confirming that the home point is lost when craft is turned off. So it looks like the drone records a new home point even if I do not here the voice saying so. That is OK. as I always check this any way before flying. Perhaps what they call a glitch?

The drone sets a new HP whenever you land. You can take off, set a HP, fly 100 yards and land. When you take off from there, a new HP is set. The drone needs  not be turned off.
2022-1-26
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Mobilehomer. Good day and thank you for sharing these interesting information with us. Again, thank you for your support and keep flying.
2022-1-26
Use props
kyalami
lvl.4
Sweden

Mobilehomer Posted at 1-26 13:25
The drone sets a new HP whenever you land. You can take off, set a HP, fly 100 yards and land. When you take off from there, a new HP is set. The drone needs  not be turned off.

Many thanks for this information Mobilehomer, which is new to me. I can not remeber that I have read about this in the manual. I will try this next time I fly. So, if I understand correct, you start the drone and wait for home point to be set and then fly away, come back and land on a different spot, stay there for a while and get a new home point set and hear the voice again that the home point is set and you see this on the map. That could be very valuable to know, as if you land on a new spot and then take off and forget that and than later you press RTH it will not land where you originally started and most likely also stand.
2022-1-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules