Power Systems Hardware Error on a Mavic Mini 2 -- have you seen t...
5068 3 2022-1-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
alex9000
New

United States

Howdy

I got a new-in-box mavic mini 2 fly more combo about a month ago.  I flew fifteen flights, and it worked flawlessly.  No crashes, water, rough treatment, or anything out of the ordinary.  Then, I went for flight #16, and when I boot up the app and drone, I got a "power systems hardware error.  Please restart aircraft" I restarted many times, changed batteries, etc.  That error is persistent.   Sometimes, it is inconsistent, and shows up or disappears depending on if the motor arms are unfolded when I boot it up.  Sometimes it would let me fly, but ~75% of the time I got that "power systems hardware error".  Over another ~30 tried to start it up, though, it completely stopped booting cleanly, and only booted into the "power systems hardware error" mode, and I was unable to fly.

It's been just over 30 days since I originally bought it, and the original vendor won't take it back and says that I have to take it up with DJI customer support.  I only saw a couple other mentions of this error online and in the forums, and it seems like it's due to a bad electrical connection to the motor, and I need to send it in for servicing.   I'm really disappointed in the quality of this drone -- I expect better from a 30-day-old factory-fresh device.   Is anyone else seeing this issue?  What did you do about it?

2022-1-25
Use props
DAYTONA392
lvl.4
Flight distance : 131942 ft
United States

Two thoughts that I had. One is that the Drone has been sitting for awhile but not moving while powered. In that state it can get pretty hot and if you keep rebooting, it may not clear the code if it was from overheating (not enough time to cool). The other thought is possibly one of the motors is binding up. Some others have posted that the motors, or sometimes just one of them, is stiff when you try to turn it.
2022-1-25
Use props
red_canyon16
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23418189 ft
United States

I had that same error happen about 6 months ago.

It was about 107°F outside and I just finished updating the app on the phone and the firmware on the RC. So, the drone sat there for some time getting pretty hot.

When I tried to take off, it gave me the error. Went inside, pouted a bit, tried it again later that evening. I haven't seen the error since.
2022-1-25
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there alex9000. I am sorry to read and to know that you are having this issue with your new DJI Mini 2 and thank you for reaching out. Since you are having this issue with the said DJI drone, it would be best to contact our DJI support team at  https://www.dji.com/support for further assistance. We will do there best to help and give out the best resolution for this issue. Again I am sorry and thank you.
2022-1-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules