New FW and new app don't work together?! [see FIX reported here]
1240 9 2022-1-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

I just tried to use my Action 2 with latest FW and the latest version of the app on both Android (two different phones) and an iOS device (iPhone 6), and something seems seriously broken.  When I installed the previous version of the app (which luckily was still in my Android phone's downloads), it fixed the problem.

Until today, it's been working fine on all these devices.  I think this was the first time I'd used the app since the FW update.

Symptoms of the problem when using Android - when I press the record video button on the phone, it comes up with an error message in Chinese... but it seems to be saying something about being unable to detect storage status.  Then the wifi disconnects.  It also seems to leave the camera in a confused state - at one point, trying to record video on the camera itself sent it into a loop of starting and stopping every second.  Sometimes it makes the screens go blank.

On iOS after failing to record via the app, it also disconnects and then gives a message saying the current version of the app is incompatible with the device.

Any suggestions?  Anyone else having similar problems?

2022-1-25
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there. I am sorry to read and to know that you are having this issue with your DJI Action 2 and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please post a short sample video showing the said issue for us to be able to see and can assist you with regards to this matter. In addition I will forward these information to the designated DJI department for further attention. Thank you.
2022-1-25
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Will do...

I also now notice that a video that I shot in 4K looks really bad, as if less than 1080p, even though the file details do confirm it's supposed to be 4K.  Maybe the camera has failed... I will try to test some more tomorrow.  [Edit - that hasn't happened again, maybe I inadvertently used zoom??!]

2022-1-26
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Here is a video showing the problems.

The app was downloaded from DJI on 29 Jan 2022 (when prompted by a previous version of the app which also did not work).  The phone is a Mi 9T using Android 10.

App version 1.7.0 works perfectly, apart from it not having settings for Horizonbalancing.

I have had similar problems with current app versions when installed on a Poco F1 phone and iPhone 6.  Earlier versions on these devices worked perfectly also.

I have tried unistalling, reinstalling, resetting wifi on phone and on camera, factory resetting camera, and so on.  Nothing works.

2022-1-28
Use props
Leonardo Guzman
lvl.2
Flight distance : 500810 ft
United States

I have the same problem and keeps shutting off. I also have this message even though all the firmware and app are updated. Hope they can fix this soon.
0ADFA013-C7C5-46E4-8144-A4D3838A7B0A.png
62D35F45-03BA-472A-8E0B-22C2151E37FB.jpeg
2022-1-29
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Yup, that's the message I get with my iPhone (I just used an Android device in the video).  I am glad I'm not the only one to be having these problems (well, not glad you've got them too but you know what I mean).
2022-1-29
Use props
Leonardo Guzman
lvl.2
United States

No remedy yet I see. I guess we are the few that have this problem.
2022-2-9
Use props
forbsie
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

I have been providing DJI Support with camera and app log files in an attempt to resolve this issue. I was advised yesterday that they have found the cause, and will include the fix in the next update of DJI Mimo. I was also told of a temporary fix which I wanted to test before reporting here. I have tested their suggested fix and it appears to work, I was able to view media and control the Action 2 with my phone. Not ideal but at least it appears the resolution will happen soon.

"In the meantime, regarding the disconnection issues you are experiencing, we have a temporary solution. You can try changing the time zone in your mobile device to East 8 (Beijing) to avoid this problem. For IOS system, you can go to Settings-General-Date & Time-Time Zone to set this. You can then test the DJI Action 2."
2022-3-4
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Yay!  That's the kind of bug that must have kept someone working for days to finally spot!  I think I will wait for the updated app in case changing the time zone confuses something else on my phone, but thanks for then encouraging report!
2022-3-4
Use props
Leonardo Guzman
lvl.2
United States

Have tried the temporary method and it seem to work. Thanks again for the update on this matter.
2022-3-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules