2256 6 2022-1-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JSpiderTTS
lvl.1
Flight distance : 398694 ft
United States

Hi,

Unfortunately I crashed my new DJI mini SE (what’s really upsetting is that I haven’t even had it for a month). I’m not new to flying (however I just switched to dji recently) and somehow while flying I lost connection to the point that even RTH didn’t work from my point of view.

Fortunately, I regained connection and drove over to find it stuck in a tree. I believe this was caused due to failsafe RTH kicking in (without my realization) and crashed into a tree (most likely due to low RTH altitude setting which was an error on my end).

While I have learned from my mistakes to check settings before flights and be careful where and when I fly, the drone today still remains stuck in the tree (close to 100 feet in height). I have tried every way possible, from calling the fire department to using projectiles to shoot it down, however I had no luck. Is there any other way I can get it down?

Moreover, I’m quite concerned regarding the drones overall state. As of now (at the time I sent this message) it’s been sitting high on that tree for nearly 5 days where the temperature dropped from 15-32 degrees F.

I looked through binoculars and saw that the drone did not have any outside damage, however I was wondering if the cold temps would have any impact on the drones overall functionality? And if so, (in the case it does happen which I hope not), what would be a proper approach to for repair procedures? (I do not have care refresh neither can I afford another unit).

Thanks
2022-1-25
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there JSpiderTTS. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Since this unfortunate event happened to your DJI Mini SE. I would recommend you to contact our DJI support team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for further assistance. We will do there best to help you and give out the best resolution for this issue. We hope to hear from you soon and looking forward to resolve this issue as soon as possible. Thank you.
2022-1-25
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

You might see if a local tree service could help you out.  Not quite sure what cost would be but I've seen them climb and prune very tall trees in my area.  
2022-1-26
Use props
JSpiderTTS
lvl.1
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 1-25 22:15
Hello there JSpiderTTS. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Since this unfortunate event happened to your DJI Mini SE. I would recommend you to contact our DJI support team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for further assistance. We will do there best to help you and give out the best resolution for this issue. We hope to hear from you soon and looking forward to resolve this issue as soon as possible. Thank you.

Hello,

Thanks for the support, it's greatly appreciated! Recently I actually got the drone back by waiting for the wind to knock it out of the tree. No damage other than props which I replaced. She flies golden, no problems working flawlessly! Thanks again.
2022-1-29
Use props
JSpiderTTS
lvl.1
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 1-26 14:04
You might see if a local tree service could help you out.  Not quite sure what cost would be but I've seen them climb and prune very tall trees in my area.

I actually just got it back by waiting for the wind to knock it out. It flies well, all I had to do was re adjust the gimbal and snap new props on. Its all good now and I am happy it works again
2022-1-29
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

JSpiderTTS Posted at 1-29 07:59
I actually just got it back by waiting for the wind to knock it out. It flies well, all I had to do was re adjust the gimbal and snap new props on. Its all good now and I am happy it works again

I'm super happy that you got the drone back and the damage was very minimal.  She lives to fly again.  
2022-1-30
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

JSpiderTTS Posted at 1-29 07:58
Hello,

Thanks for the support, it's greatly appreciated! Recently I actually got the drone back by waiting for the wind to knock it out of the tree. No damage other than props which I replaced. She flies golden, no problems working flawlessly! Thanks again.

Hi there JSpiderTTS. You are very much welcome and thank you for these update. If you have any other concerns or any inquiries with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are all her to help and assist you. Thank you and keep flying. .
2022-1-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules