Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mavic 3 Raptor
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3014675 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hello,
I am a long time user of DJI products and, prior to the Mavic 3, I have been using your Smart Controller with my Mavic 2 Pro for years, so I am extremely familiar with the controller and its settings...especially the volume settings.

Upon purchasing the Mavic 3, I opted to also purchase a DJI RC Pro.   The contoller itself is surprising lighter than the Smart Controller...not saying this is a good or a bad thing, just something I noticed.

However, there is one thing that I am really asking DJI to investigate and hopefully improve with firmware updates for the DJI RC PRO.   The Volume on the RC PRO is SIGNIFICANTLY lower than that of the Smart Controller.  Again, I am well aware of how to increase the volume of the RC PRO and I have it set at MAX volume, but the Smart Controller is at least 2x louder than the RC Pro.  I actually appreciate that the Smart Controller can go very loud when the DJI FLY app is making statements like "The HomePoint has been updated, please check it on the map" or "takeoff".   There is very good volume in the Smart Controller, so that I can actually lower it just a bit...i.e. there is sufficient sound margin.

HOWEVER, the DJI RC Pro is way way way too quiet when making these very important announcements, even when the volume is turned all the way up.   If I use the standard controller that came with the Mavic 3 with my Android Smart phone, the volume of the phone completely blows the volume of the RC Pro out of the water.

Can someone from DJI please let me know if there is any way that a firmware update can be made to increase the volume potential of the RC Pro or did DJI (and please I really hope this isn't the answer for an $1200 controller) cheap out on the speaker and/or the volume ASIC of the controller and you are not able to get any more volume out of the hardware?

I am truly hoping you didn't use cheap components on such an expensive device and you can make a software adjustment to get the full potential volume out of the controller.

Please let me know!
~Mavic 3 Raptor
2022-1-25
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, there. Thank you for your feedback. I’ll transfer your concern to our engineer and hope we could provide more choices to optimize the usage of the RC Pro.
2022-1-25
Use props
Mavic 3 Raptor
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 1-25 20:23
Hi, there. Thank you for your feedback. I’ll transfer your concern to our engineer and hope we could provide more choices to optimize the usage of the RC Pro.

Thank you, I very much appreciate that!
2022-1-25
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Mavic 3 Raptor Posted at 1-25 21:57
Thank you, I very much appreciate that!

You're welcome. If you have any other issue, please feel free to contact us.
2022-1-25
Use props
Mission XR
lvl.3
United States

I agree but only able to compare to my phone with Fly on a mini RC. I cannot hear the notifications due to the speaker being on the back of the RC Pro and the volume is much lower than my phone.
Maybe an ear phone jack? I mentioned this in a chat with tech support and they said they would pass it along. I would imagine if our phones can produce this decibel level then DJI should be able to do this also.

Another issue I experience on any device is the transition lenses on my glasses. Although the RC Pro has 1,000 nit brightness I have to wear "cheaters" that won't self darken. They are great glasses for fishing but not so much using for flying drones.......
2022-2-15
Use props
Mavic 3 Raptor
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Just pinging DJI moderators again on this one.  Do you know if this volume increase is possible with the RC Pro?  Again, I'm specifically referring to the audibles like "The HomePoint has been updated, please check it on the map".
2022-3-29
Use props
ReproRetro
Second Officer
Flight distance : 635669 ft
Australia

Too quiet for me too, as I have hearing impairment. The the standard controler I was able to plug earpones into my phone. But there is no jack socket on the RC Pro
2022-4-13
Use props
AJ squared away
lvl.3

United States

I did notice the low volume  but thought it was my hearing , glad to know someone recognized it needs to be heard for safety
2022-4-16
Use props
Mavic 3 Raptor
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

PING.......DJI representative.....can you please provide us an update on this one?
2022-4-16
Use props
jnjholding
lvl.1

United States

I agree, the volume is too low. I was actually searching for an aftermarket solution to this. A sound tunnel that can snap onto the back of the controller that channels the sound under the controller, and then directs it up to you from the bottom.... I haven't found anything so far.
2022-5-5
Use props
Mavic 3 Raptor
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

PING.............I'm hearing crickets....where did the DJI reps go?...... Hello DJI representative.....can you please provide us an update on this one?
2022-5-19
Use props
Stingfello
lvl.3
United States

Mavic 3 Raptor Posted at 5-19 16:38
PING.............I'm hearing crickets....where did the DJI reps go?...... Hello DJI representative.....can you please provide us an update on this one?

It's actually slightly heavier than the SC.  Just sayin.
2022-5-19
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Mavic 3 Raptor Posted at 5-19 16:38
PING.............I'm hearing crickets....where did the DJI reps go?...... Hello DJI representative.....can you please provide us an update on this one?

When they have no answer for you, this is what you will get - Dead Silence.
2022-5-19
Use props
Mavic 3 Raptor
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Stingfello Posted at 5-19 17:26
It's actually slightly heavier than the SC.  Just sayin.

That's interesting.   I swear the Smart Controller feels heavier in my hands than the RC Pro....but specs support your comment:

My comment about the volume, however, still stands
2022-6-3
Use props
fans03e63f91
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I am not getting any sound from my RC PRO at all and the volume is on max, have I missed something somewhere in the settings ?
The only sound I get are the beeps when I turn it on, nothing for Home Point updated or from the sensors !
2023-6-5
Use props
djiuser_ef2ETvhhyW0G
lvl.2
Flight distance : 109039 ft
United States

Just wondering if anyone has been able to pair bluetooth ear buds with this controller?
2023-6-27
Use props
djiuser_zKR5HFX3a2EC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 474537 ft
United States

A firmware won't fix your issue. It's hardware. Meaning if you want louder volume, install a better speaker. Speakers are cheap, you can buy a small speaker to install into the rc pro for louder volume. Easy fix even a cave man can do it.
2023-6-27
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4009 ft
Australia

djiuser_ef2ETvhhyW0G Posted at 6-27 18:36
Just wondering if anyone has been able to pair bluetooth ear buds with this controller?

That's a very good question... I will check my radio...
2023-6-27
Use props
KLRSKIR
Second Officer
Flight distance : 28368625 ft
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_ef2ETvhhyW0G Posted at 6-27 18:36

Yes, all of my Bose earphones/buds connect and work well with the DJI RC Pro. The only sounds that will come from the controller and NOT the BT connection are the low battery warnings.
2023-6-28
Use props
Jefe-Part107
lvl.2
Flight distance : 165394 ft
United States

I just performed my first flight with the Mavic 3 Classic and RC Pro controller. I agree. The volume is maxed out and it is way too low.
2023-7-1
Use props
DroneApe
lvl.4
Flight distance : 459954 ft
United States

fans03e63f91 Posted at 6-5 08:32
I am not getting any sound from my RC PRO at all and the volume is on max, have I missed something somewhere in the settings ?
The only sound I get are the beeps when I turn it on, nothing for Home Point updated or from the sensors !

Hi,

I lost all sound on my RC Pro after that last firmware update too.  In order to get sound back, here's what I did:

1. Installed DJI Assistant 2 on my laptop
2. I tried refreshing the firmware but it didn't help
3. I installed the previous version of firmware
4.  Sound works
5.  I updated the firmware to the latest---wirelessly, just like normal
6.  Sound still works.
2023-7-11
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Jefe-Part107 Posted at 7-1 09:10
I just performed my first flight with the Mavic 3 Classic and RC Pro controller. I agree. The volume is maxed out and it is way too low.

Thank you for your feedback. After looking into the data, we found that the remote controller’s volume and sound quality are good. Please rest assured. What is more, the DJI RC Pro’s sealing performance has been improved as a result of a process update. In addition, new hardware has been adopted to achieve a better balance between audio quality and audio volume. Hence, compared with the DJI Smart Controller, DJI RC Pro has a lower audio volume.
2023-7-11
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

fans03e63f91 Posted at 6-5 08:32
I am not getting any sound from my RC PRO at all and the volume is on max, have I missed something somewhere in the settings ?
The only sound I get are the beeps when I turn it on, nothing for Home Point updated or from the sensors !

Hi, fans03e63f91. Thank you for reaching out. Please try the steps below, feel free to skip the step if you have performed it:
1. Make sure that the DJI RC Pro is not muted and please turn up the volume bar.

2. Try restarting DJI RC Pro and aircraft and test again.
3. Reset the factory settings on DJI RC Pro. Reset DJI RC Pro on the “Reset options” page. Before doing this, we recommend connecting DJI RC to a network and synchronize flight records to avoid loss.
4. Please use DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series) software to refresh the DJI RC firmware and test again.

Hope this helps. Please keep us posted.
2023-7-12
Use props
mrip23
lvl.1
Flight distance : 431870 ft
United Kingdom

DJI Gamora Posted at 2023-7-11 21:29
Thank you for your feedback. After looking into the data, we found that the remote controller’s volume and sound quality are good. Please rest assured. What is more, the DJI RC Pro’s sealing performance has been improved as a result of a process update. In addition, new hardware has been adopted to achieve a better balance between audio quality and audio volume. Hence, compared with the DJI Smart Controller, DJI RC Pro has a lower audio volume.

Thank you for this but it is not sufficient nor safe to fly when needing the warning sounds for proximity or low battery - especially when flying in noisy environments.

Can DJI please look at this and release a firmware. When I switch on the RC Pro the welcome sound is loud but during flights it's non-existent and yes I have checked the sound in the menu by swiping down twice a checking the volume and mute.
4-19 23:55
Use props
OnePixel
lvl.4
Flight distance : 45049 ft
  • >>>
Italy

I am interested in buying the DJI RC PRO and am following the development of this thread with interest
4-21 03:58
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

mrip23 Posted at 4-19 23:55
Thank you for this but it is not sufficient nor safe to fly when needing the warning sounds for proximity or low battery - especially when flying in noisy environments.

Can DJI please look at this and release a firmware. When I switch on the RC Pro the welcome sound is loud but during flights it's non-existent and yes I have checked the sound in the menu by swiping down twice a checking the volume and mute.

Hi there. We'd like you to know that we appreciate your valuable suggestions. We will forward your concern to our related department. After the evaluation of the related department, significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news on our DJI official website at (www.dji.com) or by checking the Release Notes specific to your product. Thank you for your continued support.
4-21 21:48
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

OnePixel Posted at 4-21 03:58
I am interested in buying the DJI RC PRO and am following the development of this thread with interest

Honestly, the RC Pro is plenty loud. I keep mine at about 75٪ and have no trouble hearing it. 70 years old and lots of unprotected gunfire and loud music in my life. If one can't hear it, time for hearing aids.
4-22 10:33
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules