590 7 2022-1-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CloudVisual
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 97545420 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I take a LOT of 360 photos, so I've been waiting to test out the newly updated firmware.

Two bugs which I've found during testing today:

Bug 1:

Once the 360 photos have been taken and the M3 is processing the images (50-100% on the progress bar), any stick input will return this message:
"Control sticks moved, panorama stopped"

This message is actually false. The panorama was successfully captured and stitched. However, I was worried that this meant I only had the unstitched images, because the percentage dial disappears. I found out that the image successfully stitched and all is ok, but it's annyoing because you don't want to cause that message to show and worry that it's failed or something. All other drones let you fly around during the stitching process.
EDIT: According to another DJI User - thier pano did not stitch after seeing this message, please be careful when the drone is stitching  

Bug 2:

If you move your sticks during the stitching process and get the above message, you are unable to take another 360 photo and you have to switch photo modes and then select panorama again to be allowed to take another 360.

2022-1-26
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Interesting bugs, nice find.
2022-1-26
Use props
DarthSLR
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1846716 ft
  • >>>
United States

I concur, noticed that too. Very annoying. All the media is there, it's stitching in software. I can understand you can't start capturing another content, but not being "allowed" to fly (to another location) during the next ~60..90 seconds it takes is pretty silly. I get it that you can fly, but it's unnerving to see that error message.

Did you notice capturing panos is faster than MP2, but stitching takes longer?
2022-1-26
Use props
CloudVisual
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DarthSLR Posted at 1-26 11:29
I concur, noticed that too. Very annoying. All the media is there, it's stitching in software. I can understand you can't start capturing another content, but not being "allowed" to fly (to another location) during the next ~60..90 seconds it takes is pretty silly. I get it that you can fly, but it's unnerving to see that error message.

Did you notice capturing panos is faster than MP2, but stitching takes longer?

It is significantly faster than the M2P. However, out of fear that the processing won't actually happen, I have to sit through the processing, so it actually takes longer.
2022-1-26
Use props
DarthSLR
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1846716 ft
  • >>>
United States

CloudVisual Posted at 1-26 11:44
It is significantly faster than the M2P. However, out of fear that the processing won't actually happen, I have to sit through the processing, so it actually takes longer.

Yup same here. Very fast capture (great, light does not change), very long stitching, a longer overall time between consecutive shots.
2022-1-26
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there CloudVisual. Thank you for reaching out and for giving these information. I will forward these information to the designated DJI Department for attention. Thank you.
2022-1-26
Use props
Montivette
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1217756 ft
  • >>>
United States

Bug number one me too. But, the stitched file was not created for me. I figured since it was working to create the file and not shooting I could move to next location to take the next 360 shot. I guessed wrong. Screen capture reflects I moved at 73% of completion.
2022-1-27
Use props
CloudVisual
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Montivette Posted at 1-27 00:13
Bug number one me too. But, the stitched file was not created for me. I figured since it was working to create the file and not shooting I could move to next location to take the next 360 shot. I guessed wrong. Screen capture reflects I moved at 73% of completion.

Interesting, mine did come out, but I'll have to hover a bit longer to make sure that this doesn't happen to me. I'll edit my main post to reflect this
2022-1-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules