Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Version update check not automatic anymore?
774 2 2022-1-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
HGDC84
First Officer
Finland

Recently, I checked out the Mimo app on my OnePlus 5 (it was version 1.5.22) and was wondering if a newer version would install and work on the phone. So I first tried using the version check in the 'About' section of the Mimo app settings, and got a notification saying my version was up to date. However, I checked out the latest Mimo version on Mimo's own website that was 1.7.12 and decided to try and install it on my phone. To my surprise, the installation went without a single hitch and I managed to also start and use the app.

This, and the fact that when I did the version check again on the new version, it opened the Mimo website instead of a notification saying if there was a newer version or not, have made me suspect that DJI has disabled the automatic Mimo version update check and now we have to check it out manually ourselves.

Is this true or is there something I haven't come to think of?

I think it would be nice if it still was automatic, but I can live with this too, I just need to bear it in mind from now on.

2022-1-26
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there HGDC84. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please try using a different recommended mobile device to see if the issue will persist? After checking the said mobile device ( OnePlus 5 ) that you want to use on the DJI Mimo application.  I am sorry to say that the said mobile device is not recommended for the said DJI application. There is a possibility that the OnePlus 5 will be able to work on the DJI Mimo application. But however, since it's not yet optimized with the said DJI application we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Mimo application while using it.  For reference I will post a link where in you can check the recommended mobile devices for the DJI Mimo application ( https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-mimo ). Thank you.
2022-1-26
Use props
HGDC84
First Officer
Finland

DJI Stephen Posted at 1-26 21:32
Hello there HGDC84. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please try using a different recommended mobile device to see if the issue will persist? After checking the said mobile device ( OnePlus 5 ) that you want to use on the DJI Mimo application.  I am sorry to say that the said mobile device is not recommended for the said DJI application. There is a possibility that the OnePlus 5 will be able to work on the DJI Mimo application. But however, since it's not yet optimized with the said DJI application we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Mimo application while using it.  For reference I will post a link where in you can check the recommended mobile devices for the DJI Mimo application ( https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-mimo ). Thank you.

Thank you for your reply.

I am well aware of the compatibility list (I certainly have investigated the issue myself, as anyone who has checked out my phone and tablet compatibility threads will know!), so that's nothing new for me.

I will try it with another device that I have installed the Mimo app into succesfully, and as for the OnePlus, it seems to work all fine despite this occurrence.

Also, it didn't directly seem like the update check itself was faulty with the new app, just with the old one.

But is it that if I had the Mimo app and an officially compatible phone in use, it would still go to the Mimo website instead of just checking and downloading the latest version (if any available)? That was my main question, though it was nice to get feedback about the update detection error with the earlier version, too.
2022-1-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules