CPU performance message???
496 14 2022-1-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ByetheSea
lvl.1
Flight distance : 400630 ft
Canada

I attach screen shot of a message that is becoming more regular (now every time I use the device). For the 1st while I made sure I closed all APPs running in the background....that seemed to help. Now it happens every time. Today I had the system on only to update firmware and played around with the recent PRO camera updates (which is pretty nice in of itself) - while doing this I get the message.  Maybe it's time to upgrade my phone?? What are my options and perhaps set up options that might alleviate the problem??  NOTE: I use an iPhone SE 15.2.1 64 GB (only ~24 GB used).

Thanks in advance, E

Error message upper left

Error message upper left
2022-1-26
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18150351 ft
United States

First, I would turn off all apps running in the background.
2022-1-26
Use props
ByetheSea
lvl.1
Canada

Mobilehomer Posted at 1-26 11:30
First, I would turn off all apps running in the background.

Thanks....which you will note I have done.
2022-1-26
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18150351 ft
United States

ByetheSea Posted at 1-26 11:32
Thanks....which you will note I have done.

I read too fast and missed that.
2022-1-26
Use props
ByetheSea
lvl.1
Canada

Must be out flying!! LOL
2022-1-26
Use props
DJI-Osmo-User-1
Second Officer
United Kingdom

You could try a memory cleaner, I have been using one for years, it’s worth a try in the short term. I must state that I have no such issues but do see my memory full frequently after running a few apps.
2022-1-26
Use props
Dronut
lvl.1
Flight distance : 157851 ft
Greece

Hi E.,

You know, maybe just get a dedicated phone for the drone. I bought a cheap android phone with a good bright screen just for this purpose. Serves me well, and I won't get called on screen whilst flying :-D

Cheers,

Hans
2022-1-26
Use props
DAYTONA392
lvl.4
Flight distance : 131942 ft
United States

Curious as to which version of DJI fly you're using when you saw that? Maybe that's something new that DJ I put in there to let people know when their phone is overloaded.
2022-1-26
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there ByetheSea. I am sorry for the trouble and thank you for reaching out. Can you please try to check if you could limit the capacity of video cache that would save in the application and enable the automatically delete the old cache. Thank you.
2022-1-26
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Check your battery in settings -> battery health.  If the battery is degraded the iPhone will throttle the CPU.
2022-1-27
Use props
ByetheSea
lvl.1
Canada

DJI Stephen Posted at 1-26 19:27
Hello there ByetheSea. I am sorry for the trouble and thank you for reaching out. Can you please try to check if you could limit the capacity of video cache that would save in the application and enable the automatically delete the old cache. Thank you.

Thanks for this: so I'm sure I understand and follow you correctly. With drone 'ON' and controller/phone 'ON', I selected 'Camera' tab among 'safety/Control/Camera, Transmission/About' options. My prior setting (I think related to your suggestion) was "Cache When Recording" was turned OFF. I turned ON and set "Max Video Cache Capacity" to lowest setting 2GB.

Hoping this is what you mean. With pending snowstorm not sure when I'll get out again but will report back. Thxs muchly! E
2022-1-27
Use props
ByetheSea
lvl.1
Canada

DAFlys Posted at 1-27 01:18
Check your battery in settings -> battery health.  If the battery is degraded the iPhone will throttle the CPU.

Battery condition for all devices is VG (just had iPhone battery replaced a few months ago)...thanks for review/reply!
2022-1-27
Use props
ByetheSea
lvl.1
Canada

DAYTONA392 Posted at 1-26 14:57
Curious as to which version of DJI fly you're using when you saw that? Maybe that's something new that DJ I put in there to let people know when their phone is overloaded.

If I'm correct in what app you're referring to the App V 1.5.8.
Thxs
2022-1-27
Use props
ByetheSea
lvl.1
Canada

Dronut Posted at 1-26 14:05
Hi E.,

You know, maybe just get a dedicated phone for the drone. I bought a cheap android phone with a good bright screen just for this purpose. Serves me well, and I won't get called on screen whilst flying :-D

Did occur to me!! iPhone SE is wearing thin! Thxs
2022-1-27
Use props
Johnny_J
Second Officer

Sweden

Newer iOS updates slow down older devices because Apple want you to buy a new phone.
2022-1-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules