Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2022-1-27
Use props
CloudVisual
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 97545420 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Noticed that on the new FW my sats took a bit longer to acquire.

It's a tough one to pick on though. We've got this little device which uses three separate satellite constellations to pinpoint its location on the globe and people are getting annoyed that they've got to wait an extra minute or two. Once the sats have been picked up, a restart of the device only needs a few seconds to relocate itself, it's only if it's been switched off for a while or you've moved a considerable distance in a short space of time that it needs longer to check and lock a position.
2022-1-27
Use props
ravc
lvl.1
Flight distance : 503215 ft
  • >>>
United States

The Air2s can pick up satellites much quicker than the M3. There is definitely either a software / hardware or both issue here. I turned on my Air2s at home and it had about 13-15 satellites, in the same time the M3 never crossed more than 6 satellites.
2022-1-27
Use props
NGC
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50003 ft
  • >>>
United States

2022-1-27
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

I would advise people on this thread, that the OP has been banned many times on this forum under aliases below. He also spends a lot of time trying to get personal information on others. He has over the years got hold of a office phone number belonging to me and also another long standing member here by the name of Dirtybird who knows him personally. He has for periods of time made hundreds of Nuisance phone calls to both of us. Other members here are also very well aware of him and some of his Aliases.

Just some of the many banned accounts on this forum. Be careful.

DJI_Adam, DJI_Brendan, Crooked Horizon, Drone Pilot, Glimmerman, HallSwine007, Johnny Quest, Monty Melon, TommyGA, Ron Harper, Susan Arnold, Originaldobo007, WingSpeed, DuneBuggy, Smallmark007, George Miller
2022-1-27
Use props
NGC
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

2022-1-27
Use props
NGC
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

2022-1-27
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

NGC Posted at 1-27 09:21
I would encourage everyone to report the GPS issues if the Mavic 3 to DJI. The more reports, the more they will prioritize this as an issue.

Its already been reported by me and at least 4 others.
2022-1-27
Use props
NGC
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

2022-1-27
Use props
NGC
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

2022-1-27
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12260774 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

ravc Posted at 1-27 08:44
The Air2s can pick up satellites much quicker than the M3. There is definitely either a software / hardware or both issue here. I turned on my Air2s at home and it had about 13-15 satellites, in the same time the M3 never crossed more than 6 satellites.

Hi,

This is a difference in specs:

AIR2s uses > GPS+GLONASS+GALILEO
M3 uses > GPS + Galileo + BeiDou

I have no tech story behind this, mayby this is the cause of this issue, or not....

cheers
JJB

2022-1-27
Use props
fans9b67e766
lvl.3
Ireland

Is it such a big deal to wait a few minutes to get Sat's locked
2022-1-27
Use props
Charles Adams
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3821312 ft
  • >>>
United States

fans9b67e766 Posted at 1-27 11:32

For some yes, depending on their circumstances.  If one spontaneously decides to capture a particularly engaging sunrise or sunset, seconds can matter.

While I personally do not find the wait a show stopper, there are others that have found the ability of the M3 to meet there needs to be diminished greatly because of this behavior.  It's a fair point for which I have empathy.  I made an effort to decrease the amount of time it takes me to safely launch my MA2 so that I can catch more "spontaneous" compositions.  I won't even bother with the M3.
2022-1-27
Use props
fans9b67e766
lvl.3
Ireland

Most people don't spontaneously try to get a sunrise , sunset , they plan well in advance
2022-1-27
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13498560 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

hallmark007 Posted at 1-27 09:05
I would advise people on this thread, that the OP has been banned many times on this forum under aliases below. He also spends a lot of time trying to get personal information on others. He has over the years got hold of a office phone number belonging to me and also another long standing member here by the name of Dirtybird who knows him personally. He has for periods of time made hundreds of Nuisance phone calls to both of us. Other members here are also very well aware of him and some of his Aliases.

Just some of the many banned accounts on this forum. Be careful.

So, is he Originaldobo, the youtuber?
2022-1-27
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

NGC Posted at 1-27 10:24
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgfrucCA9oU

WOW, that is painfully a long time to lock GPS. I usually just take off most of the times when i reach 9 sats and let it hover, it tends to lock on faster that way.
2022-1-27
Use props
Monkey007
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 73775046 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Charles Adams Posted at 1-27 11:44
For some yes, depending on their circumstances.  If one spontaneously decides to capture a particularly engaging sunrise or sunset, seconds can matter.

While I personally do not find the wait a show stopper, there are others that have found the ability of the M3 to meet there needs to be diminished greatly because of this behavior.  It's a fair point for which I have empathy.  I made an effort to decrease the amount of time it takes me to safely launch my MA2 so that I can catch more "spontaneous" compositions.  I won't even bother with the M3.

Also if you're launching at a public place then this extra 2 minutes of time it's sitting on the ground or hovering low in the air will potentially draw more unnecessary attention from bystanders if not drone haters. Oh yes I forgot the overly enthusiastic dogs too!
2022-1-27
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Suren Posted at 1-27 11:53
So, is he Originaldobo, the youtuber?

No he’s not,  but he is very nasty piece of work. I’ve decided to ignore the fool I reported him forum office for complete trolling . He got hold of one of our mobile numbers almost 2 years ago. In fact it was belonging to my late mother, he actually spoke to her looking for me sighting my name on the forum and being completely rude. We discovered quickly who he was . He rang back and I answered he hung up straight away and ever since at different times he starts a campaign of Nuisance calls. He did exactly the same with DirtyBird except he also got his email and posted some disgusting photos of his late mother on the forum here . He was banned for that. My advice is give him a wide birth. We have reported him to dji for this and local police here and are waiting for a response from them.
2022-1-27
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

fans9b67e766 Posted at 1-27 11:47
Most people don't spontaneously try to get a sunrise , sunset , they plan well in advance

I do sunsets spontaneously most of the time. You can't tell in advance when one will be great.
2022-1-27
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

Not really, Where i live we sometimes have some very colorful sunsets and the time it takes to get the drone in the air means we could lose the best picture/video.
2022-1-27
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

hallmark007 Posted at 1-27 12:09
No he’s not,  but he is very nasty piece of work. I’ve decided to ignore the fool I reported him forum office for complete trolling . He got hold of one of our mobile numbers almost 2 years ago. In fact it was belonging to my late mother, he actually spoke to her looking for me sighting my name on the forum and being completely rude. We discovered quickly who he was . He rang back and I answered he hung up straight away and ever since at different times he starts a campaign of Nuisance calls. He did exactly the same with DirtyBird except he also got his email and posted some disgusting photos of his late mother on the forum here . He was banned for that. My advice is give him a wide birth. We have reported him to dji for this and local police here and are waiting for a response from them.

Okay, Thanks for that. It is totally not cool for things like that to happen to anyone.
2022-1-27
Use props
Monkey007
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 73775046 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Wish 'most people' could also plan in advance for an unexpected dog attack while the drone is still waiting helplessly on the ground...
2022-1-27
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Mobilehomer Posted at 1-27 12:10
I do sunsets spontaneously most of the time. You can't tell in advance when one will be great.

Get Lumy app its pretty good at picking sunsets informs when clouds are high low thin thick etc. there are ways but none are 100% and some areas are short for sunset others long. Where I live July Sunset is as late as 11.10pm and Sunrise 3.30 AM.
2022-1-27
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

WOW! That is ridiculous. WAY too long til TTFF.  Have you tried a hot start? Get a good fix/HP and shut it off. Then restart. That should only take a few seconds for the HP to be set.  The GPS unit SHOULD remember the almanac for quite a while, several hours or days. I wonder if DJI forces a memory flush upon shutdown that affects the GPS? It is still on them to fix it.
2022-1-27
Use props
NGC
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

2022-1-27
Use props
NGC
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

2022-1-27
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

NGC Posted at 1-27 12:24
That is all a crazy, nut job story. I have no one's phone numbers. This guy Hallmark is simply a nut job in a padded room. "Local police"... "DJI office". This guy is certifiable.

The best way to resolve this issues would be for both of you to take each others advice. If Hallmark posts a comment you end up jumping in and passing remarks and i have seen that happen with Hallmark doing the same. Stop provoking each other and things will be better off. Nobody on here wants to read about these things and they come here to post stuff and learn and give advice. I must say that for the years i have been here Hallmark has given quality advice and when i just started into drones he advised me. I to this day still follow his preflight checks before i take off.
2022-1-27
Use props
NGC
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

2022-1-27
Use props
Tornado12
lvl.4
Flight distance : 356391 ft
United States

Suren Posted at 1-27 12:39
The best way to resolve this issues would be for both of you to take each others advice. If Hallmark posts a comment you end up jumping in and passing remarks and i have seen that happen with Hallmark doing the same. Stop provoking each other and things will be better off. Nobody on here wants to read about these things and they come here to post stuff and learn and give advice. I must say that for the years i have been here Hallmark has given quality advice and when i just started into drones he advised me. I to this day still follow his preflight checks before i take off.

God I couldn't agree more. I've only been on these forums since like early December. I feel like every thread I read devolves into these two kids bickering and fighting. I don't know either of them, but Its so immature and obnoxious. Reading about the real life stalking and numerous accounts suggests its even more ridiculous than even I anticipated. I've been just ignoring it best I can, and will continue to. Admins need to get involved though.
2022-1-27
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nobody ever stalks me because I just answer the phone and talk them out.  I just outlast crazy.
2022-1-27
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

JJB* Posted at 1-27 10:34
Hi,

This is a difference in specs:

M3 uses > GPS + Galileo + BeiDou
I have no tech story behind this, mayby this is the cause of this issue, or not....

There is no reason that using those three satellite constellations would cause prolonged acquisition times.
Particularly when the M3 had normal (very good) aquisition times prior to the December firmware update.
2022-1-27
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

fans9b67e766 Posted at 1-27 11:32

Not for people shooting static landscapes .... but we don't all shoot static landscapes.

2022-1-27
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

I had a really good opportunity to capture a large brightly lit shrimp boat going out the river a few nights ago with my "new" M3. It would have been risky in the dark but I have waited for this kind of chance for a couple of years now. It could have been spectacular. The M3 took so long to get the sats that I had to abandon the attempt. Now I really wish I had used the A2s or M2p, or even the MA2, instead. This is not for what I paid 2-3 times the amount of money. Lesson learned.
2022-1-27
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Labroides Posted at 1-27 20:15
Not for people shooting static landscapes .... but we don't all shoot static landscapes.

Thank you!
2022-1-27
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Suren Posted at 1-27 12:39
The best way to resolve this issues would be for both of you to take each others advice. If Hallmark posts a comment you end up jumping in and passing remarks and i have seen that happen with Hallmark doing the same. Stop provoking each other and things will be better off. Nobody on here wants to read about these things and they come here to post stuff and learn and give advice. I must say that for the years i have been here Hallmark has given quality advice and when i just started into drones he advised me. I to this day still follow his preflight checks before i take off.

Bingo! No kidding
2022-1-27
Use props
NGC
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

2022-1-28
Use props
kyalami
Second Officer
Flight distance : 17352513 ft
Sweden

Not much sky to look at with the tall buildings on each side. Not a fair test.
2022-1-28
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
Flight distance : 27841053 ft
  • >>>
Germany

kyalami Posted at 1-28 08:04
Not much sky to look at with the tall buildings on each side. Not a fair test.

... but the Air 2s did it!  
That's the "weird" thing.....
2022-1-28
Use props
NGC
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

2022-1-28
Use props
kyalami
Second Officer
Flight distance : 17352513 ft
Sweden

frankymusik Posted at 1-28 08:10
... but the Air 2s did it!  
That's the "weird" thing.....

Has DJI for some unknown reason tighten up what is required for M3 to get a lock, just to be very sure you do not fly away unsafe even if Air 2s is flying OK???? I don't know, just a guess.
2022-1-28
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules