Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Buyer's Remorse ?
998 14 2022-1-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Virgil Quick
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1074104 ft
United States

I feel rather certain that most people who visit this site would agree that the Mavic 3 was released for sale to the general population prematurely.  Early buyers of the drone quickly detected very obvious problems with performance as well as important features that were missing.  These were problems and missing features that DJI either knew about, or should have known about, had adequate testing been done prior to release.  Owners patiently waited as DJI scrambled to bring us the promised firmware that offered enhanced features and fixed the problems that were reported.  

We have now been supplied with updated firmware for both the drone and controller that, in fact, does bring many of the advertised features and corrects some of the reported problems.  However, it also appears that in haste to release the latest firmware, DJI has created other performance problems that you can read about on this site.

This is getting frustrating for owners who have paid big money for a drone that probably should still be in testing in China.  I was just wondering for discussion sake, now that most of us are past the point of being able to return our Mavic 3 to the original seller for a refund, are you beginning to suffer from buyer’s remorse?

2022-1-27
Use props
CloudVisual
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 97545420 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The buyer's remorse, I believe, is very dependant on what you flown/owed previously.

The thing which really gets to me and makes me think it was all a waste of money is the stupid, nearly-useless, 163mm lens they put on the drone. Why couldn't we have had a 35 or even 50mm one?!
2022-1-27
Use props
Tornado12
lvl.4
Flight distance : 356391 ft
United States

I dont have any buyers remorse. I do wish I had known they were going to release an RC PRO fly more combo with the standard Mavic 3 though. I might have held off for that combo. I don't regret buying though. I purchased knowing it was released unfinished. Mavic 3 is still a fantastic drone. I do agree it was released early however. A few months from now most of these issues will be history.
2022-1-27
Use props
Charles Adams
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3821312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Zero buyer's remorse.  I have flown P3, Spark, Mini, M-Pro (I didn't own that one) and MA2.

My "style" of purchase and ownership is that the drone needs to earn my trust, and I don't push it to its maximum capabilities right away, I build up to it.  The M3 built a lot of trust for some capabilities, and low or no trust for other capabilities.  I was able to pursue my hobby to my satisfaction within the area of trust that the M3 built.  I hope that the M3 improves, and right now I find it very satisfying.
2022-1-27
Use props
Maxi3D
lvl.4
Flight distance : 307621 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nope, I love my M3P for every red cents of it. It's the camera on the drone that I want, all others are optional. In fact I wish DJI would just release a drone with a great camera and nothing else. I will do my own flying thank you very much.
2022-1-27
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Only slight problems now, but video quality and photo are above all other dji consumer drones and even now I would say its a lot better than my M2p .
2022-1-27
Use props
DarthSLR
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1846716 ft
  • >>>
United States

Let me start by saying, that for any other, established technology, such as dslr, or smartphone, or TV, or computer, or even a frigging microwave, a similar amount of issues would be a ground for the immediate return, and the manufacturer would most likely earn a huge black mark on their reputation in my mental registry.

But the thing is: drones are not an established technological field. It's as close to tech Wild Wild West as it gets. So certain risks and deficiencies are expected.
Was I frustrated with my purchase? Yes, my first copy of M3 was a shipping/operational nightmare, which took a whole month to resolve (I ended up with a full replacement). However, the replacement copy operated within the expected parameters, and with all the firmware updates it definitely became usable.

The thing is, however, for me it's a pure hobby. My livelihood does not depend on it. It's just an expensive toy if you will.

Would I prefer it to operate flawlessly from the get-go? Sure I would.

But, if given a chance of returning it for a full refund, would I do it and get some other drone, or just stay with my old good M2P? Not bloody likely.
The camera is awesome (both of them, actually, despite a lot of negative feedback on the tele camera I happen to like it), battery life is a huge advantage.

Does it still miss features? Hell yeah. Do they merit the return? Hell no, not for me.
2022-1-27
Use props
DarthSLR
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1846716 ft
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 1-27 09:33
Only slight problems now, but video quality and photo are above all other dji consumer drones and even now I would say its a lot better than my M2p .

Video/Photo quality, vertical speed, and battery life. Three big wins for Gryffindor!
The rest will surely be improved with FW, such as waypoints, etc.

PS
I understand OA and tracking may not be operating at 100%, but it's a FW issue, not hardware.
2022-1-27
Use props
The Saint
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

sometimes buyer's remorse has alot to do with how much you paid.  if you paid US$5k and you don't return it, you likely will not have buyers remorse.  you have made the decision that you want to ride out the "break-in" period and you know it is measured in months and likely a year...or two.  so you are prepared.  those who spend that kind of money, it's hard to feel you blew money on this drone.  not so easy to feel like you made an unwise purchase with so many $$$ at stake.  hard to admit it, too.  it's like buying a car.  pretty much no one comes home and feels very good about their purchase unless it was a major win on price.  eventually you get thru it because you likely cannot return the car and you know the bad feelings will eventually pass so you just live with it.  the m3 is not so bad that you can't live with it.  however, if dji came back with "sorry folks, we apologize.  during the month of february, if anyone wants to return your m3 to us, we are buying them back at msrp"....half  would go back.
2022-1-27
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

DarthSLR Posted at 1-27 10:23
Video/Photo quality, vertical speed, and battery life. Three big wins for Gryffindor!
The rest will surely be improved with FW, such as waypoints, etc.

Well I love waypoints but not dji waypoints so ill wait until SDK is released. Air2s now has Litchi and mission planning at home is something I will use with it. I think OA is better on this craft than any other but it may be affecting normal flight, but lately I just turn off OA and this drone flys as smooth as butter and seems much faster. So no OA unless I might require for some reason like Auto features or beginning flight ending flight in tight quarters. But I would fly this craft everyday if I had the weather and time. And if they update it like M2 then it will become really good.
2022-1-27
Use props
Monkey007
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 73775046 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Not sure about the 'professionals', but strictly from a hobbyist's point of view it just happens to be a toy which costs a couple of grands. We all know it is not perfect yet, but we're sure it will only get better and better. If someone is feeling remorseful for buying a consumer electronic product that is not perfect from day 1, then I would really question if this item or this hobby is too expensive for this person.
2022-1-27
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Honestly, I don't regret getting the Mavic 3. It is a great drone and I love it. Just some minor issues that we know Dji will resolve but the biggest issue is how fast will they fix it.
2022-1-27
Use props
Grimtheviking
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11796312 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

No remorse really enjoying it, the flight time, camera quality and tele lenses and knowing Dji it will get better. Hopefully programable waypoints next. Still the Gps latency on mine... only real gripe is the remote could have been better but hey what the hell, maybe Dji will give us all a cheap RC Pro....
2022-1-27
Use props
TP-FPV
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1146821 ft
United States

Mostly a pointless 3 paragraphs for a forum. Your stating "Most people would agree"...whn you atart out with a bold statement such as this your not gonna get honest answers. The bottom line is if YOU don't like the Mavic 3 return it! Find something else that fills your need.
2022-1-27
Use props
Virgil Quick
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1074104 ft
United States

TP-FPV Posted at 1-27 12:36
Mostly a pointless 3 paragraphs for a forum. Your stating "Most people would agree"...whn you atart out with a bold statement such as this your not gonna get honest answers. The bottom line is if YOU don't like the Mavic 3 return it! Find something else that fills your need.

OK, change the word "most" to many.  Happy now?

My point was that many, most, some, a few, several, etc. people are past the point where they can return their drone should they so desire and that they MIGHT have some degree of buyer's remorse.
2022-1-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules