3642 20 2022-1-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Gateway
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1873806 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm not sure whats going on here but when auto is selected it seems to be a bit more amber color and then turning off auto seems to have the proper balance for the color temp even though the value in the app shows the same color temp.. is this a visual bug or ?

Anyhow thought I would share this incase it was a bug or something I'm missing ..

2022-1-27
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Did you post earlier if not there is another thread showing exactly the same thing. So it must be a thing. I will have a look at this the weekend thanks for posting.
2022-1-27
Use props
CloudVisual
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 97545420 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I hate to say this, but you should never shoot in AWB.

5600k is the baseline. 3200k for indoors.

The camera is only ever trying to judge what it should be, but you are human and can work out roughly what it should be.
2022-1-27
Use props
Gateway
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 1-27 13:58
Did you post earlier if not there is another thread showing exactly the same thing. So it must be a thing. I will have a look at this the weekend thanks for posting.

I dont think so.. i posted a draft which didn't go though so this is the first post I did on this subject.. but was just curious if anyone else sees these changes.. I'm not sure if the slider isn't updating or something else wonky is going on.
2022-1-27
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

CloudVisual Posted at 1-27 14:08

I think he’s saying there is a problem with WB.

BTW how do you manage when sun comes out or goes behind clouds, Manual WB all the time can be extremely infuriating on some strange weather days.
2022-1-27
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Gateway Posted at 1-27 14:09
I dont think so.. i posted a draft which didn't go though so this is the first post I did on this subject.. but was just curious if anyone else sees these changes.. I'm not sure if the slider isn't updating or something else wonky is going on.

Ill have a look but some other guy discovered exact same problem. It was only a couple of days ago should be able to find it.
2022-1-27
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Here you go. Its uncanny the rooms even look similar. Scroll down his thread and he has put a second video so similar to your own.

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=258684
2022-1-27
Use props
Gateway
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

CloudVisual Posted at 1-27 14:08

CloudVisual.. I was simply testing this in my room after I updated the software and just found that it was odd when I click on or off of auto and watching how my screen changed
2022-1-27
Use props
Spazoo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3148419 ft
  • >>>
United States

Gateway Posted at 1-27 15:16
CloudVisual.. I was simply testing this in my room after I updated the software and just found that it was odd when I click on or off of auto and watching how my screen changed

Same here.  There seems to be a problem.

I'm noticing things like the Auto button and the temp slider sometimes not working.

I've also been able to use the + and - buttons to change the displayed temp value, meanwhile the camera view does not reflect the change in temp.

Switching the UI to exposure settings and then back again resolves the issue for me.  

The problem seems to be in the app, because I experienced it with Mini 2 and Air 2S.
2022-1-27
Use props
CloudVisual
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 97545420 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 1-27 14:13
I think he’s saying there is a problem with WB.

BTW how do you manage when sun comes out or goes behind clouds, Manual WB all the time can be extremely infuriating on some strange weather days.

If you shoot at 5600k then you know what the temperature the camera is set to, you can then move the balance depending on the scene. Even if you shoot indoors, you have a baseline to know to nudge it back to <3200k and correct it. If the number isn't known then it's harder to work it out and correct.

If it's set to AWB then it will fluctuate and require a lot of correction in a changing scene. Also AWB has in the past caused a slight flicker, but the last time I saw this was on the original Mavic Pro.

Also helps to use a ColorChecker passport for any difficult/varying scenes. If you film for productions then it's a must to use this to make the colourists life easier: https://calibrite.com/product/colorchecker-passport-photo-2/
2022-1-28
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

CloudVisual Posted at 1-28 01:17
If you shoot at 5600k then you know what the temperature the camera is set to, you can then move the balance depending on the scene. Even if you shoot indoors, you have a baseline to know to nudge it back to

Yes but I have filmed many times in changing weather. To the west strong sun to the south dark clouds and and there is no same setting for this, so yes for pro working for big productions shoot the scene twice, but I have found that auto works pretty well. Maybe not pro standard but with little work in post its quite acceptable. And similar to shooting photographs you may have accidentally not set WB but it very easy to change in post. I believe you are correct with using older less forgiving cameras don't use auto WB but I find that auto in a lot of cases works pretty good and the workflow in post is minimal , I would not say it should never be used., just my opinion.
2022-1-28
Use props
oberschneider.com
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 4730358 ft
  • >>>
Austria

This is definitely a software bug, and a very annoying one! when using auto white balance and then change to manual, the color temperature changes visually even though the setting stays at the same value.

2022-2-2
Use props
djiuser_fL3IvKq81mJ2
lvl.1
Flight distance : 14075 ft

United States

I started experiment this same issue when I did the Firmware update to 00.01.0700, I sent my drone to DJI, they replace the drone and send me a new unit. After testing this other unit, the issue persist, I don’t care if the WB is different between auto and manual, my problem is that my drone is making that change when I’m recording and I have manual WB and exposure settings, this is making my footage unusable. You can see clearly what I’m talking about in the YouTube link here: https://youtu.be/nsjPQ9jJebI  If there is anyone else with this same problem please share your experience or possible solution.
2022-10-22
Use props
JJungPhoto
lvl.3
Flight distance : 946362 ft
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_fL3IvKq81mJ2 Posted at 10-22 13:15
I started experiment this same issue when I did the Firmware update to 00.01.0700, I sent my drone to DJI, they replace the drone and send me a new unit. After testing this other unit, the issue persist, I don’t care if the WB is different between auto and manual, my problem is that my drone is making that change when I’m recording and I have manual WB and exposure settings, this is making my footage unusable. You can see clearly what I’m talking about in the YouTube link here: https://youtu.be/nsjPQ9jJebI  If there is anyone else with this same problem please share your experience or possible solution.

Yes 100% this is an issue. I noticed this as well when I was setting my WB and noticed swapping between the two there was a drastic "abnormal" color shift under the same settings.

The color shift happening during recording I havnt noticed lately but it has happened to me on the soccer fields once and it complete ruins the footage.

This similar WB issue is also happening in hyper lapse.

Yet DJI remains silent on these issues a year later. What gives?
2022-10-22
Use props
djiuser_fL3IvKq81mJ2
lvl.1
Flight distance : 14075 ft

United States

JJungPhoto Posted at 10-22 22:58
Yes 100% this is an issue. I noticed this as well when I was setting my WB and noticed swapping between the two there was a drastic "abnormal" color shift under the same settings.

The color shift happening during recording I havnt noticed lately but it has happened to me on the soccer fields once and it complete ruins the footage.

I think we are not enough customers experiment this issue to be heard, also they customer service don’t have any idea of the real problem they only think that sending a new unit or replacing the camera module would fix the issue, but apparently is something else. I’m pretty sure is a software issue, to me was so clear that when I did the firmware update the problem started, before that everything was fine, I was so exiting with this update because unleash the full potential of the drone and the telephoto camera, but now I regret it. I tried flying the drone using the stock controller with my iPhone attached but also with the new RC display controller and the result is the same. Sometimes is just fine, but sometimes is just crazy the amount of times that this variation occurs while I’m flying, is so frustrating, because I tried everything, reset the camera setting in the app, refresh the firmware, deleting the app and reinstalled again with the current version, nothing works.
2022-10-23
Use props
djiuser_slwGGYQc9pu9
lvl.2

United States

I've been having the same issue with the Mavic 3 Classic.  It is as if the tint is changing when switching between Auto White Balance and Manual.  Not sure why this is happening.  The UI should have a tint slider so we can control it.
2023-4-25
Use props
Krazeeeyez
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1598481 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I've had WB issues with my Mini 3 Pro. It's particularly annoying when I'm trying to edit RAW in Luminar. The images look blue and it's hard to dial it back without screwing with the image.
Surely this is a bug and can be fixed DJI?
2023-6-11
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
Flight distance : 27841053 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Krazeeeyez Posted at 6-11 04:23
I've had WB issues with my Mini 3 Pro. It's particularly annoying when I'm trying to edit RAW in Luminar. The images look blue and it's hard to dial it back without screwing with the image.
Surely this is a bug and can be fixed DJI?

Here is the Mavic 3 forum...
2023-6-11
Use props
digibud
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7820246 ft
  • >>>
United States

oberschneider.com Posted at 2022-2-2 04:34
This is definitely a software bug, and a very annoying one! when using auto white balance and then change to manual, the color temperature changes visually even though the setting stays at the same value.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFcBpaCMR48

perhaps one is 3451 and the other is 3549....?
2023-6-11
Use props
Marwie
lvl.1

Switzerland

Do you still have the problem? The mini 2 have the same wb problem, I wonder if its firmware or app related.
1-10 16:10
Use props
oberschneider.com
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 4730358 ft
  • >>>
Austria

Marwie Posted at 1-10 16:10
Do you still have the problem? The mini 2 have the same wb problem, I wonder if its firmware or app related.

Yes, the problem still exists on my Mavic 3 Pro and the Mini 4 Pro. The tint changes when going from automatic to manual white balance. I don't know why there's no way to allow manual tint adjustment. How hard can it be?
1-10 20:35
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules