537 10 2022-1-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Gateway
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1873806 ft
  • >>>
United States

I just did a video of my basic workflow for creating 360 panos from images taken from the Mavic 3 or 2. I thought I would share this process since a lot of people have never done full 360's and most rely on the app to create the pano for us. This goes over a *BASIC* manual version of how I tend to do things.

It covers the following software at basic levels
  • Lightroom
  • PTGui Pro 12
  • Affinity Photo (fix sky)
  • Photoshop
  • Topaz Denoise
  • Export for Facebook

Anyhow I'm no Youtube star so I did this in one go and thought I would share for those curious about workflows and hopefully out of this you can build your own flow or advance my basic one. Of course their are many ways to skin a cat but I wanted to show you some of the tools I use from time to time.

I have also included chapter markers (see YT info below video if you watch it on youtube)

2022-1-27
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Gateway. Good day and thank you for posting this interesting video you have filmed and created. Great work and thank you for your support.
2022-1-27
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thanks for sharing.
2022-1-28
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Very good tutorial.    I especially like the bonus tip you gave on getting the missing skys.  
2022-1-28
Use props
Gateway
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 1-28 04:43
Very good tutorial.    I especially like the bonus tip you gave on getting the missing skys.

Yea you can use that method to really make your panos stand out especially if you have a cool sky with clouds etc.. it takes a few times to get it right but it sure beats having to paint in a sky or use the blurry one that gets generated by the dji app.. cheers
2022-1-28
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Gateway Posted at 1-28 12:20
Yea you can use that method to really make your panos stand out especially if you have a cool sky with clouds etc.. it takes a few times to get it right but it sure beats having to paint in a sky or use the blurry one that gets generated by the dji app.. cheers

I will definitely be giving it a try, or two, or three.  Thanks again for sharing your workflow.  Hope you have a great weekend.
2022-1-29
Use props
liezenblau
lvl.3
Flight distance : 10545 ft
  • >>>
Austria

Hi Gateway!
Thanks for the precise information. I make the workflow pretty much the same. Also use PTgui. I have 2 questions please:
1. Can I turn off panorama stitching in the drone? It always takes a long time and slows down my flow. I only need the images as I then stitch the images together myself via PTGui.
2. Is there a way that I can fix the gimbal with a setting when photographing the 4x 60 degree images and 1x vertical image? The gimbal always wants to align horizontally when panning the drones to 60 degrees.
Thank you.
2022-1-29
Use props
Gateway
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

liezenblau Posted at 1-29 09:26
Hi Gateway!
Thanks for the precise information. I make the workflow pretty much the same. Also use PTgui. I have 2 questions please:
1. Can I turn off panorama stitching in the drone? It always takes a long time and slows down my flow. I only need the images as I then stitch the images together myself via PTGui.

I found that after it takes the pictures it tries to start processing the pano on device and if I move my drone or sticks it cancels the auto creation.

As far as the getting the camera to go 60 or so, I just point my drone up at an angle with the camera facing forward, so instead of adjusting the gimbal adjust the drone.  Seems to work for me, I do notice the camera tries to move some times but I'm usually able to get what I need.
2022-1-29
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Interesting video!
2022-1-30
Use props
Gateway
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Thanks.. its just a basic workflow to give people an idea of tools that can be used in the process.
2022-1-30
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Gateway Posted at 1-30 13:08
Thanks.. its just a basic workflow to give people an idea of tools that can be used in the process.

You're welcome!
2022-1-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules