15w Faster Charger - keep plugged in
1209 5 2022-1-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Westwind77
lvl.2
Flight distance : 567234 ft
United States

I have one of those 'kill-a-watt' devices that lets me see the see how much power is being used. I plugged the PC Pro quick charger into it and it does use about 15w as it should, however I noticed that after the charging lights on the RC went out that a good amount of power was still being used. After the light went out it look about another 15 minutes or so before it slowly reduced to a steady 1w.

I run a lot of other RC products with LiPo batteries and you can watch the graph on the computer slowly fade out when it is fully charged. I think by leaving it plugged in just a while longer after the lights go out really tops off the battery for a little extended use time.

I have the 2s battery charging now and will be interesting to see what it shows when the lights go out....
2022-1-27
Use props
Westwind77
lvl.2
United States

As expected the drone battery slowly reduced its charge rate toward the end as it finalized its charge, just like all other LiPos. The lights went out right at the the power consumption dropped to 0.

The remote is different though. I would time it next time to see how long it takes to really stop charging. For the longest remote usage I recommend leaving it charging for about 30 min after the lights go out for a full charge.
2022-1-27
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Westwind77. Good day and thank you for sharing these interesting information with us. Nice information and thank you for your support.
2022-1-27
Use props
MKDP
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2613402 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Westwind77 Posted at 1-27 18:12
As expected the drone battery slowly reduced its charge rate toward the end as it finalized its charge, just like all other LiPos. The lights went out right at the the power consumption dropped to 0.

The remote is different though. I would time it next time to see how long it takes to really stop charging. For the longest remote usage I recommend leaving it charging for about 30 min after the lights go out for a full charge.

When the RC Pro shows 4 green lights and stops flashing (while off and charging).

I see around 84% charged on the screen, (when I turn the RC Pro on).

As you say, I then have to top it up to get 100%
2022-1-28
Use props
Westwind77
lvl.2
United States

MKDP Posted at 1-28 06:42
When the RC Pro shows 4 green lights and stops flashing (while off and charging).

I see around 84% charged on the screen, (when I turn the RC Pro on).

The lights should not go out though until the unit is at 100% or there is no more power being fed into the battery. I'll see what happens the next time I charge it as well.
2022-1-28
Use props
MKDP
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2613402 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Westwind77 Posted at 1-28 09:23
The lights should not go out though until the unit is at 100% or there is no more power being fed into the battery. I'll see what happens the next time I charge it as well.

Never had this issue with other controllers. Another work around.
2022-1-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules