Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI OM 5 Wide Angle Issue
2556 4 2022-1-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FPG
lvl.1

United States

USing new DJI OM 5 with iPhone 11Pro. When using the wide angle lens you can see quite a bit of the gimbal arm. How do you get around this?

Right now I have to manually zoom between .05 and 1 to ind a sweet spot so you can't see the arm.

Thanks.

2022-1-28
Use props
FPG
lvl.1

United States

DJI OM 5 App - Shot Guide Suggestions

Not sure if it's called Academy or Smart Shots or Shot Guide, but that feature that makes suggestions about how to shoot is CONSTANTLY popping up on my screen during shooting. More aggravating is that the little, tiny X to close it is right by or under the bracket so it's nearly impossible to click. When you do try to click it it opens the shot guide. This is really irritating during shooting.

Is there a preference to tell this to NEVER EVER pop that guide up again?

2022-1-28
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hello there, you can reserve more space for the camera side while mounting it on the phone as long as it does not affect the performance of the gimbal after it is powered on. Regarding the shot guide issue you encountered, it would be nice if you can provide a video of the exact issue for further confirmation and assistance, thank you.
2022-1-29
Use props
FPG
lvl.1

United States

DJI Susan Posted at 1-29 01:32
Hello there, you can reserve more space for the camera side while mounting it on the phone as long as it does not affect the performance of the gimbal after it is powered on. Regarding the shot guide issue you encountered, it would be nice if you can provide a video of the exact issue for further confirmation and assistance, thank you.

So are you saying to mount it not in the center of the phone so I don't see the gimbal arm? Wouldn't that make the phone tilt? What if I wanted to go quickly to another shot? I'd have to recenter the mount and recalibrate. Doesn't seem like a solution. I guess the answer is when the phone is mounted properly you can't really use the wide angle lens unless you want to crop out the arm?
2022-1-30
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

FPG Posted at 1-30 17:51
So are you saying to mount it not in the center of the phone so I don't see the gimbal arm? Wouldn't that make the phone tilt? What if I wanted to go quickly to another shot? I'd have to recenter the mount and recalibrate. Doesn't seem like a solution. I guess the answer is when the phone is mounted properly you can't really use the wide angle lens unless you want to crop out the arm?

Due to its powerful motors, accurate balancing is not needed for DJI OM 5, you can try to adjust the phone's position a bit.
2022-1-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules