Osmo Pocket turns on, then turns off
5852 10 2022-1-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
NiceJoke
lvl.1

Russia

The problem is observed immediately after unpacking the device from the box. The problem is the following: when i try to turn on the camera, you can see how the gimbal begins to calibrate, but it obviously does not do it to the end - by turning left and right, and stops, although judging by the reviews of movements, there should be much more. Then, after the language selection appears on the screen, the camera turns off after a few seconds. The battery is fully charged. I tried with an inserted flash drive, and with another, and without it at all. And I connected to the phone - it didn’t help, I don’t even have time to activate the device in the application - the camera just turns off. I did not find solutions on the Internet.
I sinned on a possibly dead battery - but apparently everything is in order with it, and the problem has not gone away when the device is connected to charging. It can be seen that when connected to charging, the indicator blinks 4 times, which means that the battery is charged by more than 75%, and this charge should be enough for the device to function normally.

Video with problem -

2022-1-29
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi, thank you for reaching out. We're sorry for the unpleasant experience. In this kind of situation, I'm afraid that you may consider sending the unit in for a proper diagnosis. You can contact our support team to start up a ticket at https://www.dji.com/support. Also, the warranty can be applied depending on the outcome of the damage assessment including the warranty period of your unit. Thank you for your understanding and support!
2022-1-29
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Have you tried switching on using the button on the right side of the unit?
2022-1-29
Use props
NiceJoke
lvl.1

Russia

Blériot53 Posted at 1-29 11:00
Have you tried switching on using the button on the right side of the unit?

Sorry, but which button on the right is it?  It's just that, as far as I can see, there are only two buttons on the device - the video recording button (left), and the on / off button (right).
2022-1-29
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

NiceJoke Posted at 1-29 11:18
Sorry, but which button on the right is it?  It's just that, as far as I can see, there are only two buttons on the device - the video recording button (left), and the on / off button (right).

In your clip, you press the button on the BACK of the unit to switch it on.  There is a button on the RIGHT side of the unit to switch it on - that is, if you're using the Osmo Pocket 2.
2022-1-29
Use props
NiceJoke
lvl.1

Russia

Blériot53 Posted at 1-29 11:25
In your clip, you press the button on the BACK of the unit to switch it on.  There is a button on the RIGHT side of the unit to switch it on - that is, if you're using the Osmo Pocket 2.

Oh, but this first version, OSMO Pocket
2022-1-29
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

NiceJoke Posted at 1-29 11:33
Oh, but this first version, OSMO Pocket

Ah. In that case I cannot help, sorry
2022-1-29
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I hope you get this fixed!
2022-1-30
Use props
NiceJoke
lvl.1

Russia

Montfrooij Posted at 1-30 11:45
I hope you get this fixed!

Unfortunately, I could not fix this problem, I searched everywhere - I did not find a solution anywhere.
2022-1-30
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

NiceJoke Posted at 1-30 23:47
Unfortunately, I could not fix this problem, I searched everywhere - I did not find a solution anywhere.

Return to vendor then.
2022-1-31
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

I'd strongly recommend sending it back to the vendor - yes, it is a bit of a pain, but so is getting an expensive camera and then not being able to use it.

Hopefully your issue will be solved with as little hassle as possible!
2022-1-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules