Horizon not perfectly level(at all times)
2051 6 2022-1-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
GeorgeFoxCinematography
lvl.4
Flight distance : 17232310 ft
  • >>>
Cyprus

Hi all,
I noticed that the horizon on my Air2s is not perfectly level but again not always. When it is a little off it is leaning on the left(very little) but after 10,20 seconds it goes perfectly level again. I performed all the calibrations on level surfaces etc, this minor issue is still there. I do not recall of this happening in the past. It seems that for some reason the gimbal leveling process delays and after a while it auto corrects.
Anyway as I said it is not a major problem since is barely visible to the untrained eye but I can see it.
Any possible solutions? Is there a possibility of this being a firmware issue?

Thanks,
George
2022-1-29
Use props
Geektechnica
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1641686 ft
  • >>>
United States

Just went out for my first day of flying since the recent firmware updates yesterday and noticed that my horizon was VERY off.  I did a quick gimbal calibration that seemed to take care of it, but at another location I noticed it still seemed a bit off.  I planned on doing a more controlled calibration later today rather than on a park bench to see if it fixes it.  No problems with horizon leveling before on this drone, so fingers crossed it's just a one time thing.
2022-1-31
Use props
djiuser_PAUi1DDfv5IL
lvl.1
Flight distance : 132113 ft
Greenland

For me the same problem has been occurring ever since I activated FPV mode for video.  Sometimes changing between that and FOLLOW mode helps; other times not.
2022-1-31
Use props
GeorgeFoxCinematography
lvl.4
  • >>>
Cyprus

I Don t know guys. I never had issues on mine as well. And the problem is not major but it is there when it is there. Especially when I fly above or near sea you can sometimes see the horizon tilting a little and after a while it comes straight again. I performed calibration
1) imu
2) gimbal
3) compass
and I will make some tests again. The problem is that because I saw it once know my eye always check the horizon leveling with the grid lines pfff.
2022-1-31
Use props
GeorgeFoxCinematography
lvl.4
  • >>>
Cyprus

And a video on a flight that proves what I am saying

https://youtu.be/cApB2ygg6pc

There was no wind, I just turned while going forward. I am already talking with support. I am just shouting to the A2S owners "check your horizons" especially after the firmware update.
Because currently it seems that I am the only A2S owner that has issues with the horizon. (no crashes or hardlandings)
2022-2-5
Use props
AlexanderK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1866086 ft
Netherlands

GeorgeFoxCinematography Posted at 2-5 23:26
And a video on a flight that proves what I am saying

https://youtu.be/cApB2ygg6pc

Fly and move smooth. If you fly around in a hurry, jurking left to right etc and then lateron fly to film something the cam might be a bit off in a certain direction.
2022-2-8
Use props
GeorgeFoxCinematography
lvl.4
  • >>>
Cyprus

AlexanderK Posted at 2-8 00:22
Fly and move smooth. If you fly around in a hurry, jurking left to right etc and then lateron fly to film something the cam might be a bit off in a certain direction.

Thanks for your reply, the drone was sent yesterday to the service since DJI judged that there is a problem with the drone after checking all the videos that I ve sent them.

I don't get the same results ie on the mini 2 which is rock solid straight horizon. For what I undrestand is that if the horizon is not level and it does not get fixed with an IMU, gimbal and compass calibration then there is a problem and it should go back to the service.

Thanks,
George
2022-2-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules