Charging RC Pro
4504 16 2022-1-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Cyrus da Virus
lvl.3
Flight distance : 937297 ft
South Africa

I am having an issue with the charging of the battery on my RC Pro.

I have charged it using a few different chargers but the battery does not charge beyond 60%.  Any ideas?

Could this be an issue with the controller not being activated correctly or the battery not getting out of its hibernation mode?

2022-1-29
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2710115 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Are you using the 65W charger?   Which charger are you using?
2022-1-29
Use props
Cyrus da Virus
lvl.3
South Africa

I have tried a 15W and 65W fast charger
2022-1-29
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi there, the RC Pro will be able to charge to full after it is activated. Please make sure that the controller has been activated successfully and check again.
2022-1-29
Use props
Cyrus da Virus
lvl.3
South Africa

DJI Susan Posted at 1-29 23:34
Hi there, the RC Pro will be able to charge to full after it is activated. Please make sure that the controller has been activated successfully and check again.

Could you please advise how one could check that the unit is activated?
2022-1-30
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Canada

Cyrus da Virus Posted at 1-29 20:00
I have tried a 15W and 65W fast charger

I know using the supplied 65W charger that came with the Mavic 3 does take some time to fully charge the RC Pro.
2022-2-2
Use props
JEZ2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 336204 ft
United States

Cyrus da Virus Posted at 1-30 01:11
Could you please advise how one could check that the unit is activated?

Turn it on and go through the setup steps.  Once you enter your DJI account email and password, it should activate.  
2022-2-2
Use props
Cyrus da Virus
lvl.3
South Africa

JEZ2 Posted at 2-2 11:11
Turn it on and go through the setup steps.  Once you enter your DJI account email and password, it should activate.

Tried that. Also reset it to factory settings. No change to the charge cycle.
2022-2-2
Use props
JEZ2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 336204 ft
United States

Cyrus da Virus Posted at 2-2 11:41
Tried that. Also reset it to factory settings. No change to the charge cycle.

Someone else (I think on the other forum) mentioned they didn't get it to charge fully until they made a flight with it.  Doesn't make sense, and no one else seems to have had that happen, but if yours isn't charging, might be worth a shot before going through DJI's support process.
2022-2-2
Use props
Cyrus da Virus
lvl.3
South Africa

JEZ2 Posted at 2-2 12:25
Someone else (I think on the other forum) mentioned they didn't get it to charge fully until they made a flight with it.  Doesn't make sense, and no one else seems to have had that happen, but if yours isn't charging, might be worth a shot before going through DJI's support process.

I have flown with it numerous times. Still charging only to 60%.
2022-2-4
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Cyrus da Virus Posted at 2-4 11:33
I have flown with it numerous times. Still charging only to 60%.

Unfortunately I do not think flying with it will hep the charge process. I may suggest sending it back considering you have tried multiple charging methods with the same results.
2022-2-5
Use props
Westwind77
lvl.2
Flight distance : 567234 ft
United States

I posted about this a bit ago here:

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D774%26typeid%3D774

That being said it should be charging well past 60% before turning the lights off. I suggest you leave it plugged in for a few hours to see what happens. You can see from my post above that the unit still charges a good amount when the lights go out giving the user a false sense of the charge state.
2022-2-5
Use props
Cyrus da Virus
lvl.3
South Africa

I have left it overnight on charge a few times. Still only charges to 60%. I suspect it was not activated correctly.  Is there a way to check if the activation is active using the serial number?
2022-2-6
Use props
djiuser_4FTrRHDiizwU
lvl.1
Switzerland

Hello, I have the same problem with new rc pro not charging 2 green and 1 green switching on/off after hours.

It is not activated

I' m affraid activating today rc pro because i will receive my dji care refresh for mavic 3 in 5 days,  

and I have to respect 2 days delay for activating Care refresh after mavic 3 activation, for contract validity!

Does this 2 days  delay concerns dji rc pro as well  ???

Can activate my rc pro today, and mavic 3 in 5 days  to respect dji care refresh validity? Thanks
2022-9-27
Use props
djiuser_4FTrRHDiizwU
lvl.1
Switzerland

Hello, I have the same problem with new rc pro not charging 2 green and 1 green switching on/off after hours.

It is not activated

I' m affraid activating today rc pro because i will receive my dji care refresh for mavic 3 in 5 days,  

and I have to respect 2 days delay for activating Care refresh after mavic 3 activation, for contract validity!

Does this 2 days  delay concerns dji rc pro as well  ???

Can activate my rc pro today, and mavic 3 in 5 days  to respect dji care refresh validity? Thanks
2022-9-27
Use props
Axelz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3427999 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Try charging it with a "regular" USB 5v 2.4A USB charger (with USB to USB-C cable), not a fancier QC/PD one.
2022-9-30
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
Flight distance : 27841053 ft
  • >>>
Germany

djiuser_4FTrRHDiizwU Posted at 9-27 09:00

It is not activated

... just wait.
2022-9-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules