Was there ever a fix to disconnection between Mavic 3 and RC Pro?
774 9 2022-1-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
iAmChrisStone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2283609 ft
  • >>>
United States

Was there ever a fix for the connection loss issue?  I can't even fly it.  Literally sitting the drone next to me, it will disconnect within 10 seconds.  I just emailed support, but assuming it will be at least Monday until I hear from them, so here I am back to looking for a fix.  
2022-1-29
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

I don’t believe you have a common problem. It sounds like you have an independent problem. If your drone is continually disconnecting then that’s unique. Some have disconnects but not as you describe . It sounds like you don’t need a fix but a replacement.

Many have said disconnects were greatly improved in the last FW but you are still having them I would say definitely return your drone. A fix is not going to help this.
2022-1-29
Use props
iAmChrisStone
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 1-29 16:16
I don’t believe you have a common problem. It sounds like you have an independent problem. If your drone is continually disconnecting then that’s unique. Some have disconnects but not as you describe . It sounds like you don’t need a fix but a replacement.

Many have said disconnects were greatly improved in the last FW but you are still having them I would say definitely return your drone. A fix is not going to help this.

Well, from what I've read, i thought my problem is identical to many others.  But yeah, if I have to send it back then so be it.  I know that I'm outside of the refund time frame, but with such a faulty bird, i wonder if they would still honor a refund.

i waited for the new firmware hoping it was a firmware issues since i read and watched many videos of the same issue.  but, anyway.  hopefully they will get back to me monday with a fix or someone on here knows a fix.... or we can at least get a replacement.
2022-1-29
Use props
frankymusik
Second Officer
Flight distance : 27841053 ft
  • >>>
Germany

iAmChrisStone Posted at 1-29 16:20
Well, from what I've read, i thought my problem is identical to many others.  But yeah, if I have to send it back then so be it.  I know that I'm outside of the refund time frame, but with such a faulty bird, i wonder if they would still honor a refund.

i waited for the new firmware hoping it was a firmware issues since i read and watched many videos of the same issue.  but, anyway.  hopefully they will get back to me monday with a fix or someone on here knows a fix.... or we can at least get a replacement.

... sounds like you tried a FW refresh using DJI Assistant 2? All components, i.e. also the RC...
2022-1-30
Use props
iAmChrisStone
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

frankymusik Posted at 1-30 00:28
... sounds like you tried a FW refresh using DJI Assistant 2? All components, i.e. also the RC...

I have tried, in fact decided to try again right now but Assitant 2 doesn't recognize it.  It acts as if its not even connected.
2022-1-30
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

iAmChrisStone Posted at 1-30 04:09
I have tried, in fact decided to try again right now but Assitant 2 doesn't recognize it.  It acts as if its not even connected.

That happens regularly with Assistant and sometimes can only be rectified by deleting app and downloading again. Its such a hit and miss app.
2022-1-30
Use props
iAmChrisStone
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 1-30 04:48
That happens regularly with Assistant and sometimes can only be rectified by deleting app and downloading again. Its such a hit and miss app.

Ok so an update.  Apparently there are several versions of Assistant 2.  I googled "DJI Mavic 3 Assistant" and it has a different version so I dowloaded that. It worked. Refreshed firmware in the Mavic 3 and RC Pro.  First flight it disconnected several times over the first 30% of the battery. I am literally right now doing a hyperlapse and it stopped disconnecting for about the last 10% of battery.  I will update later this morning.
2022-1-30
Use props
frankymusik
Second Officer
Flight distance : 27841053 ft
  • >>>
Germany

iAmChrisStone Posted at 1-30 04:09

... the current version of the assistant 2 (called: for hobby drones) "Windows V2.1.9 from January 24, 2022".
Located under "DJI Download Center"
   Products
      Mavc Series
         DJI Mavic 3

2022-1-30
Use props
iAmChrisStone
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

So after firmware refresh with the DJI Assistant 2 on my Macbook Pro, here is the discconects

Battery 1:  first 30% of battery life, it would disconnect for up to 2 minutes, connect for 30 - 60 seconds and then disconnect again.  After using about 30% of the battery, no more disconnects.

Battery 2:  No disconnects

Battery 3:  No Disconnects

Battery 4:  Disconnected 3 times within the first 10 minutes, then no more

Battery 5:  With drone literally sitting next to me as I was trying to figure out how to transfer footage wirelessly, it disconnected 3 times.

So, a great and dramatic improvement.  But, I need it to be solid with the money spent.  Hopefully it will continue to get better or DJI will have a fix/replacement for me.
2022-1-30
Use props
DarthSLR
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1846716 ft
  • >>>
United States

I had that with my first copy purchased during the product launch. I had to send it back and got the new one, which didn't have that issue.
2022-1-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules