Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Sensitivity of control sticks
3069 4 2022-1-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jmgolio
lvl.3
Flight distance : 568865 ft
United States

After flying a Mini 2 with the Smart controller for over a year, I upgraded to an Air 2S/RC controller combination.  One of the things I am still trying to get used to is the sensitivity of the control sticks when using my RC controller.  I'm not sure whether the Air 2S is just far more responsive than the Mini 2 or whether the control sticks are more sensitive, but the difference is significant.  Is there a way to reduce the sensitivity of the control sticks?

2022-1-29
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Do a search in here for "EXP", it was introduced in one of the recent App updates . Adjusting the shapes of the curves adjusts the sensitivity of the sticks at any given part of their travel. I find the straight line 'curve' to be the most predictable.
Other folks prefer'S" shapes in the response. With those certain points of the curve (where the curve's gradient is steep) a minute shift in the stick can produce a large change in the response whilst regions of the curve where the gradient is shallow give very little response for a movement of the stick..
Ultimately and irrespective of the curve shape, full displacement of a stick results in 'full response' from the drone.
2022-1-29
Use props
jmgolio
lvl.3
United States

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 1-29 18:13
Do a search in here for "EXP", it was introduced in one of the recent App updates . Adjusting the shapes of the curves adjusts the sensitivity of the sticks at any given part of their travel. I find the straight line 'curve' to be the most predictable.
Other folks prefer'S" shapes in the response. With those certain points of the curve (where the curve's gradient is steep) a minute shift in the stick can produce a large change in the response whilst regions of the curve where the gradient is shallow give very little response for a movement of the stick..
Ultimately and irrespective of the curve shape, full displacement of a stick results in 'full response' from the drone.

Thanks.  I will look into this.
2022-1-30
Use props
jmgolio
lvl.3
United States

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 1-29 18:13
Do a search in here for "EXP", it was introduced in one of the recent App updates . Adjusting the shapes of the curves adjusts the sensitivity of the sticks at any given part of their travel. I find the straight line 'curve' to be the most predictable.

Thanks again for the drone wisdom.   I just got in from test flights and a minor change in EXP advanced menu had a significant affect on my "sensitivity issues.  I think I've probably overcompensated, but will home in on the setting that's right for me pretty quickly now.
2022-1-30
Use props
RudyL
lvl.1
Flight distance : 83976 ft
  • >>>
Australia

That EXP setting in control/advanced doesn't seem to exist on the RC PRO.  You would think a PRO controller has more adjustability than the standard controller but it seems to not be there.  Do you have any tips how to decrease sensitivity on the sticks?  The Mavic 3 with the RCPro is too responsive with the slightest stick movement.
2022-11-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules