Regular videos get saved as slow mo video
11357 36 2022-1-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Felipevelasco7
lvl.1
Flight distance : 5755 ft
Colombia

When I record videos in my Dji Osmo Action and export them to my computer they are saved as slow motion every time, which makes them too long and heavy when I try to import them to my phone or anywhere. How do I fix that
2022-1-29
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Do you mean the original Action or the Action 2 (which is where you have posted)?
2022-1-29
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble that this has caused. Can you please confirm what Osmo action are you using? Is this the regular one or the Osmo Action 2? Also, with regards to your query, kindly please check the resolution of the video and the FPS then set it to lower fps then check if the issue persists. Pelease keep us posted. Thank you.
2022-1-29
Use props
Felipevelasco7
lvl.1
Colombia

fansfe82067d Posted at 1-29 21:09
Do you mean the original Action or the Action 2 (which is where you have posted)?

The original osmo action
2022-1-30
Use props
Felipevelasco7
lvl.1
Colombia

DJI Paladin Posted at 1-29 23:29
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble that this has caused. Can you please confirm what Osmo action are you using? Is this the regular one or the Osmo Action 2? Also, with regards to your query, kindly please check the resolution of the video and the FPS then set it to lower fps then check if the issue persists. Pelease keep us posted. Thank you.

Regular osmo action, and I mostly film in 1080 and 60fps. I will check with other settings, but is there anything i can do to fix it with this settings?
2022-1-30
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Felipevelasco7 Posted at 1-30 06:52
Regular osmo action, and I mostly film in 1080 and 60fps. I will check with other settings, but is there anything i can do to fix it with this settings?

Thank you for your response. Kindly please try to use a different media player on your PC then check if the issue perists.
2022-1-31
Use props
Urbou
lvl.1
Flight distance : 402333 ft
Germany

hello , i have the same problem with the ACTION 2 . I tried a differentmedia player and its in slo mo. What can I do ?
2022-2-2
Use props
Felipevelasco7
lvl.1
Colombia

Urbou Posted at 2-2 12:17
hello , i have the same problem with the ACTION 2 . I tried a differentmedia player and its in slo mo. What can I do ?

I took videos in each setting and found out that videos get saved in slow mo when they where in:
-1080p: 240fps/ 200fps/ 120fps
-720p: 240fps/ 200fps

All the other settings where fine
2022-2-2
Use props
djiuser_7lioViU7Xsof
New
Netherlands

i have the same problem. Every movie is uploaded as SLOW MOTION> very annoying problem.
2022-6-3
Use props
fans5aeba2bf
New
Flight distance : 1503438 ft
  • >>>
Germany

djiuser_7lioViU7Xsof Posted at 6-3 01:20
i have the same problem. Every movie is uploaded as SLOW MOTION> very annoying problem.

On a DJI Action 2, don't use 4K / 120 fps as this is ONLY the slow motion setting (even you can choose it in "videos"). Just use 4K / 60 fps for video and you should be good to go.
2022-6-22
Use props
djiuser_BKhlHHan6QAZ
New

United States

I’m a little confused… So this camera could only do 4K 120 FPS in slow motion?
2022-9-28
Use props
djiuser_BKhlHHan6QAZ
New

United States

There has to be some kind of software upgrade to correct this. Pretty crappy glitch
2022-9-28
Use props
fish sticks
lvl.4
New Zealand

djiuser_BKhlHHan6QAZ Posted at 9-28 15:15
I’m a little confused… So this camera could only do 4K 120 FPS in slow motion?

What do you mean by "only in slow motion"?

The camera records 4K 120 fps video files. It is up to you or your player to play them at this frame rate or slower. Doesn't look to me like there is a glitch that DJI needs to fix.
2022-9-28
Use props
fansfaeaaa90
lvl.1
Flight distance : 87549 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

And what makes it worst you cant edit in MIMO for quick on the go editing. Really annoying. Went on a MTB race and now all is slow mo.
2022-9-28
Use props
fansfaeaaa90
lvl.1
  • >>>
South Africa

Using Action 2. Video 12 seconds in 1080 60fps no slow mo same setting 25 second video I get slow motion. Tried both on internal and external memory. Must be a software glitch
2022-9-28
Use props
fish sticks
lvl.4
New Zealand

fansfaeaaa90 Posted at 9-28 20:56
Using Action 2. Video 12 seconds in 1080 60fps no slow mo same setting 25 second video I get slow motion. Tried both on internal and external memory. Must be a software glitch

Confirmed! This is not the case.

Will send you contact details to compensate me for wasting my time redoing the test.
2022-9-28
Use props
fansfaeaaa90
lvl.1
  • >>>
South Africa

fish sticks Posted at 9-28 22:54
Confirmed! This is not the case.

Will send you contact details to compensate me for wasting my time redoing the test.

So what was your findings?
2022-9-29
Use props
fish sticks
lvl.4
New Zealand

fansfaeaaa90 Posted at 9-29 02:21
So what was your findings?

10s video in 120 fps is 10s long when played. Same with 60fps or 48fps. The video files have the correct framerate when you pull them from the camera/sd card. If they play slower for you, it might be the player.
2022-9-29
Use props
fansfaeaaa90
lvl.1
  • >>>
South Africa

fish sticks Posted at 9-29 03:29
10s video in 120 fps is 10s long when played. Same with 60fps or 48fps. The video files have the correct framerate when you pull them from the camera/sd card. If they play slower for you, it might be the player.
It looks like iPhone 11pro and now 14 pro both converts video to slow motion when you download from Action 2. Anybody know how we fix this
2022-10-6
Use props
fish sticks
lvl.4
New Zealand

Does this work: https://support.apple.com/en-nz/guide/iphone/iph1d1344a2d/ios or the video has to be recorded on the iPhone in slow-motion mode, for you to be able to edit where the slow motion begins and ends?
2022-10-7
Use props
SkinnyFast
New

United States

I am having this same problem. Action 2. Most of the time when I upload videos to my phone using the lightening adapter it sends them over in slow mo. I'm shooting in 1080 120. It does not always happen but most of the time it does.
2023-2-27
Use props
Leo Pegasus
lvl.1
Australia

i have same problem. I have Mavic 2 Enterprise and videos are saved slow motion.  i used 1920x1080P 30fps .. but it is still saved slow motion. when i inspect slow motion video i can see it is 1920x1080P and 30fps.. why this is happening?
2023-3-3
Use props
hellodarrentan
lvl.1
Singapore

I spoke to support and this is a known issue! that is so irritating. i just recorded my first moments of my son riding a bicycle and now the footages are not usable. I recorded on 4K 120fps on Osmo Action 3. Imported to ipad and everything in slow motion!! Support said nothing can be done?!

another reason to get rid of the action camera and use my iphone or gopro!
2023-9-19
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

hellodarrentan Posted at 9-19 17:44
I spoke to support and this is a known issue! that is so irritating. i just recorded my first moments of my son riding a bicycle and now the footages are not usable. I recorded on 4K 120fps on Osmo Action 3. Imported to ipad and everything in slow motion!! Support said nothing can be done?!

I'm sorry about the inconvenience. Let me refer this to our relevant department. I will get back to this once I receive an update. Thank you for your patience.
2023-9-20
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

hellodarrentan Posted at 9-19 17:44
I spoke to support and this is a known issue! that is so irritating. i just recorded my first moments of my son riding a bicycle and now the footages are not usable. I recorded on 4K 120fps on Osmo Action 3. Imported to ipad and everything in slow motion!! Support said nothing can be done?!

Thank you for patiently waiting. Due to hardware restrictions, most mobile phones do not support high-frame-rate videos, thus the video will play in slow motion or frame-by-frame. This will extend the video playing speed and change a 120 fps video into a 30 fps video. The play duration will be extended by four times, displaying a slow-motion effect.
2023-9-20
Use props
Nakul Arya
New

India

It's an issue in Photo library of iPhone and Mac.
Simply use another editing software such as VNEditor
2023-10-10
Use props
Tauchloewe
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2261496 ft
  • >>>
Germany

I do have the same issue. any solution / problem solved? Any idea for mass changing of the videos within iPhone library? I do not want wo change this vid by vid for 100+ short videos on my iPhone!?
2023-11-27
Use props
Leo Aaroon
lvl.1

Philippines

Im having the same problem with the action 4 does anyone know how to fix it?
2023-12-19
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Leo Aaroon Posted at 12-19 05:05
Im having the same problem with the action 4 does anyone know how to fix it?

Hello there. We do apologize if you are having issues with your unit. Please state the exact issue that you are experiencing so we can assist you according to the problem. If you could provide a short video or screenshots showing the issue, that would be very much appreciated. Thank you for your cooperation.
2023-12-19
Use props
Leo Aaroon
lvl.1

Philippines

My problem is when I transfer my footage to my computer it turn's to slow motion after some time depending on the duration of the video
2023-12-20
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Leo Aaroon Posted at 12-20 05:39
My problem is when I transfer my footage to my computer it turn's to slow motion after some time depending on the duration of the video

Thank you for your response and we do apologize for the trouble. Please confirm what specific resolution are you using to capture the footage. DJI Osmo Action 4 supports Slow-Motion in 4k: 4x (120fps), 2.7k: 4x (120fps), and 1080p: 8x (240fps) 4x (120fps). You may provide us with a short video showing the issue so we can check it further. Keep us posted.
2023-12-21
Use props
djiuser_MynACG6mt6SW
lvl.1

Philippines

I am also having issues as well I am using the DJI action 4 and when recording at 4k/60fps my footage is glitchy, jumpy and lagging whenever I play it on my PC but when recording at 4k/30fps or 2.7k/60fps its smooth anything beyond 4k/30fps the playback is bad my PC runs a GPU of GTX 970 and 16gb ram I don't know what I am missing here can someone help me? Thanks!
1-18 16:02
Use props
lutzmix
Second Officer
Germany

try vlc- player
1-19 07:25
Use props
fish sticks
lvl.4
New Zealand

djiuser_MynACG6mt6SW Posted at 1-18 16:02
I am also having issues as well I am using the DJI action 4 and when recording at 4k/60fps my footage is glitchy, jumpy and lagging whenever I play it on my PC but when recording at 4k/30fps or 2.7k/60fps its smooth anything beyond 4k/30fps the playback is bad my PC runs a GPU of GTX 970 and 16gb ram I don't know what I am missing here can someone help me? Thanks!

settings->video compression-> h.264 might help if the clips you have problems with are using HEVC
1-19 16:41
Use props
Azzone4
New

Australia

djiuser_MynACG6mt6SW Posted at 1-18 16:02
I am also having issues as well I am using the DJI action 4 and when recording at 4k/60fps my footage is glitchy, jumpy and lagging whenever I play it on my PC but when recording at 4k/30fps or 2.7k/60fps its smooth anything beyond 4k/30fps the playback is bad my PC runs a GPU of GTX 970 and 16gb ram I don't know what I am missing here can someone help me? Thanks!

So when using the Iphone photos app the video is in slow motion. i have used the Clips App and the video can be uploaded with no edits made or edits made and then saved and it was at normal playback. I think its so strange how it works but first day in i was like im ready to return and go insta shopping lol
1-20 02:40
Use props
HoozieRic
New

United States

Shooting with Osmo 1. I transfer clips from camera's memory chip to a folder on Mac. When I open a clip in QuickTime, the middle segment of plays in slo=mo. Once the clips are imported into iMovie they play in standard speed.  Camera is set for 1080p and 240 fps.
3-30 17:00
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

HoozieRic Posted at 3-30 17:00
Shooting with Osmo 1. I transfer clips from camera's memory chip to a folder on Mac. When I open a clip in QuickTime, the middle segment of plays in slo=mo. Once the clips are imported into iMovie they play in standard speed.  Camera is set for 1080p and 240 fps.

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the trouble. Can you upload the original video file via Google Drive and send the link here so we can check it further? Please keep us posted. We appreciate your cooperation.
3-30 19:22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules