Wireless Microphones
1273 10 2022-1-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ojichan
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi all,

Time to retire the GoPro Session, boy has that seen some action! Time for an upgrade and the Action 2 ticks all the boxes.

But before i hit that purchase button, I do i have a quick question about the A2.

I know you can connect 3rd party mics, but can i use a USBC Lavalier Wireless mic on it? the one thats found on Amazon attached to a mobile?

Thanks in advance

Mark
2022-1-30
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

If the mic is supposed to work with an Android phone's USB-C connector, then it should - repeat, should - work with the Action 2.  If you specify exactly which one you mean, it's just possible someone here may have the same one, but I imagine there's a lot of choice so you'd be lucky to come across someone who can give you a definite answer.
2022-1-30
Use props
Ojichan
lvl.1

United Kingdom

fansfe82067d Posted at 1-30 12:40
If the mic is supposed to work with an Android phone's USB-C connector, then it should - repeat, should - work with the Action 2.  If you specify exactly which one you mean, it's just possible someone here may have the same one, but I imagine there's a lot of choice so you'd be lucky to come across someone who can give you a definite answer.
Thanks for the reply. Something like this?

Wireless Microphone Lavalier for Android Smartphone - USB-C Wireless Lapel Microphone System Plug-Play Wireless Mini MIC for TikTok YouTube Live Stream Vlog Zoom NO APP & Bluetooth Needed (for USB-C) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B09G61KL25/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_i_BX7NM3TJA4PAH70V1SXX{:4_98
2022-1-30
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Amazon uk seems to be down at the moment - I'll try again later.
2022-1-30
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Mark. Good day and thank you for choosing the DJI Action 2. Since this is a 3rd party accessory for the DJI Action 2 ( https://www.dji.com/dji-action-2?site=brandsite&from=nav ). I hope that you will get the best recommendation from our fellow DJI members who have tried using the said accessory / attachment on there DJI Action 2. Just a reminder that DJI does not recommend you to your 3rd party accessories on your DJI Action Camera. Since it's not optimized and tested by DJI we cannot guaranteed the stability of the said 3rd party accessory if it will work all the time with no issues and might damage and void the warranty of the said DJI product. Thank you.
2022-1-30
Use props
IftiBashir
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I honestly don't see why that wouldn't work - most standard USB-C mics work OK, so no reason why that shouldn't..
2022-1-31
Use props
Ojichan
lvl.1

United Kingdom

IftiBashir Posted at 1-31 00:30
I honestly don't see why that wouldn't work - most standard USB-C mics work OK, so no reason why that shouldn't..

Thanks for the reply. Thats what i thought. As for the audio quality, well, you pay for what you get i guess.

Was toying with a Rode USB-C mic & a set of cheaper wireless mics. Wife & I are embarking on a cruise soon and IF i can get her to participate, those wireless mic would/could work perfectly.

2022-1-31
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

The reviews are pretty dire.  You can get what appears to be an identical product for even less.... personally I wouldn't touch that with a bargepole, but of course if that's your budget, well, that's what you have to get.  I notice what APPEARS to be a much better device under the name of "SYNCO G1T" but it was about 3x the price...
2022-1-31
Use props
Ojichan
lvl.1

United Kingdom

fansfe82067d Posted at 1-31 01:40
The reviews are pretty dire.  You can get what appears to be an identical product for even less.... personally I wouldn't touch that with a bargepole, but of course if that's your budget, well, that's what you have to get.  I notice what APPEARS to be a much better device under the name of "SYNCO G1T" but it was about 3x the price...

Thanks
2022-1-31
Use props
IftiBashir
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Personally I'm holding out for the DJI Mic - but Ive used the Rode Wireless Go before with good results, although a lot more expensive of course.....
2022-1-31
Use props
Ojichan
lvl.1

United Kingdom

IftiBashir Posted at 1-31 02:48
Personally I'm holding out for the DJI Mic - but Ive used the Rode Wireless Go before with good results, although a lot more expensive of course.....

Yeah, see I can justify a Rode USBC mic, I will use it…but splashing out on the more expensive wireless set  when it could be a 1 hit wonder is a no no really. If the cheap ones work and she’s happy to do more holiday vlogs then I won’t mind purchasing quality wireless mics.
2022-1-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules