Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Xavier1984
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1634843 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

Hi,
I would like to know exactly how works the USB mode on the Mavic 3 Cine ?

From what I have understand :

1/ connect USB-c cable from Drone to computer
2/ Turn on Drone
3/ Drone goes in initialization phase : Gimbal test, 4 motors test, LEDs blinking
4/ Fan and LEDs turn off
5/ USB Mode OK -> transfer ready

Is it correct and by the way it is OK to leave the drone folded (without cover, if the gimbal move) ?

Thank you in advance ;-)
2022-1-30
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Xavier1984. Good day and thank you for reaching out. The DJI Mavic 3 Cine supports USB mode, enabling pilots to copy footage when the battery level of the said DJI drone is low. Enable USB mode, power on the DJI Mavic 3 Cine, and connect to a computer to use USB mode. During this time, the internal storage of the said DJI drone can be accessed but the microSD card cannot. Restart the said DJI drone and disable USB mode in the DJI Fly application to exit USB mode. USB mode will be enabled once again when the said DJI drone is restored if it was disabled via DJI Assistant 2.  Thank you.
2022-1-30
Use props
DarthSLR
First Officer
Flight distance : 1846716 ft
  • >>>
United States

USB mode is simply a power-saving mode.
If it's checked in settings, when the drone is connected to computer via USB, it switches off other functions and thus consumes less energy.
Just try it, there is no learning curve and no magic.
2022-1-30
Use props
Xavier1984
Second Officer
  • >>>
Switzerland

DarthSLR Posted at 1-30 23:37
USB mode is simply a power-saving mode.
If it's checked in settings, when the drone is connected to computer via USB, it switches off other functions and thus consumes less energy.
Just try it, there is no learning curve and no magic.

Hi, I agree ;-)
However, some people says that the gimbal and motors don't move at statup in USB-mode : I don't see this behavior. By the way I would like to know and understand what is the "normal beahavior" of this process (as the manual doesn't give explicit information about it) ;-)

2022-1-30
Use props
DarthSLR
First Officer
Flight distance : 1846716 ft
  • >>>
United States

Xavier1984 Posted at 1-30 23:38
Hi, I agree ;-)
However, some people says that the gimbal and motors don't move at statup in USB-mode : I don't see this behavior. By the way I would like to know and understand what is the "normal beahavior" of this process (as the manual doesn't give explicit information about it) ;-)

Man, you're reading too much into this.
Just switch it on, it's used automatically, you don't need to do anything else.
Just switch it off if you need to use DA2.
2022-1-30
Use props
Xavier1984
Second Officer
  • >>>
Switzerland

DarthSLR Posted at 1-30 23:49
Man, you're reading too much into this.
Just switch it on, it's used automatically, you don't need to do anything else.
Just switch it off if you need to use DA2.

Please, answer to my question if you know the answer ;-)
Thanks.
2022-1-30
Use props
seattle_helo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 56533511 ft
United States

The user manual specifically mentions to not power on the drone with the cover in place. The gimbal does its initialization as do the motors with the multiple pulses. I leave the machine unfolded when connecting to the computer.
2022-1-31
Use props
Xavier1984
Second Officer
  • >>>
Switzerland

seattle_helo Posted at 1-31 10:52
The user manual specifically mentions to not power on the drone with the cover in place. The gimbal does its initialization as do the motors with the multiple pulses. I leave the machine unfolded when connecting to the computer.

Thanks ! So the behavior is the same with usb mode or just turning on the drone (init phase).
2022-1-31
Use props
seattle_helo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 56533511 ft
United States

Yes. USB mode occurs only after the normal power on sequence. At least, that's the way it is for now.
2022-1-31
Use props
Niknik
First Officer
Flight distance : 1595640 ft
  • >>>
Greece

Xavier1984 Posted at 1-30 23:38
Hi, I agree ;-)

Yes In windows pc connected with thunderbolt the gimbal and the motors don't work. In Apple they start and after stop
2022-1-31
Use props
Niknik
First Officer
Flight distance : 1595640 ft
  • >>>
Greece

In Apple computer it does like this in windows PC with thunderbolt the motors and the gimbal do not start at all
2022-1-31
Use props
Xavier1984
Second Officer
  • >>>
Switzerland

Niknik Posted at 1-31 13:24
In Apple computer it does like this in windows PC with thunderbolt the motors and the gimbal do not start at all

Hi okay thanks.
I dont have tested with thunderbolt connection. However with usb c connection on usb port with windows desktop gimbal abd motor get the standard init. So it could be a difference if connected at a thunderbold port.
2022-1-31
Use props
Hyperguy
lvl.2

Austria

DJI Stephen Posted at 1-30 20:29
Hello there Xavier1984. Good day and thank you for reaching out. The DJI Mavic 3 Cine supports USB mode, enabling pilots to copy footage when the battery level of the said DJI drone is low. Enable USB mode, power on the DJI Mavic 3 Cine, and connect to a computer to use USB mode. During this time, the internal storage of the said DJI drone can be accessed but the microSD card cannot. Restart the said DJI drone and disable USB mode in the DJI Fly application to exit USB mode. USB mode will be enabled once again when the said DJI drone is restored if it was disabled via DJI Assistant 2.  Thank you.

I am reading everything about the usb mode on the Mavic cine. People say to enable it in the fly app - but where in the fly app is it ? I cant find it...
2022-11-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules