2116 13 2022-1-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
iAmChrisStone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2283609 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have updated to the most recent firmware, and then I even when in with DJI Assistant 2 and refreshed the firmware for my drone and RCPro.  Whenever flying forward, the drone just ascends.  Does anyone else experience this?  Is there a known fix?
2022-1-30
Use props
DarthSLR
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1846716 ft
  • >>>
United States

It's been reported before.

Typically happens when
1) OA (Obstacle Avoidance) is set to Bypass
2) flying towards setting or rising (i.e. low positioned) sun.

M3 thinks the sun is an "obstacle" and tries to avoid it by gaining altitude,
That's a common theory, at least.
2022-1-30
Use props
iAmChrisStone
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DarthSLR Posted at 1-30 14:21
It's been reported before.

Typically happens when

Ok, I just changed my OA to stop instead of Bypass.  I guess I'll see if that's the issue
2022-1-30
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Whenever flying forward, the drone just ascends.
Whenever?
Or just sometimes in some circumstances?

Turn off obstacle avoidance and see if that changes things.
2022-1-30
Use props
iAmChrisStone
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Labroides Posted at 1-30 14:34
Whenever flying forward, the drone just ascends.
Whenever?
Or just sometimes in some circumstances?

so far it has been always when i start moving forward depending on height.  once i reach 90 or 100 feet, then sometimes it does and sometimes it doesnt.  today i just kept moving forward to see how high it would push me.  i started at 19 feet and it continues until i was over the 400 ft law.  i was also out of los so please avoid the comments about that.  i was trying to trouble shoot and document the different reactions i was getting from my drone.
2022-1-30
Use props
Charles Adams
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3821312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Occurs with "bypass" set, going in any direction, but worse in reverse.  Snow and water seem to have an impact (make it worse) but I have confirmed over a hibernating grass field.  This was not introduced with the latest fw update, as I was able to get this to occur prior.  Work around is to disable O/A (not a good idea) or set to break (recommended).
2022-1-30
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

iAmChrisStone Posted at 1-30 14:38
so far it has been always when i start moving forward depending on height.  once i reach 90 or 100 feet, then sometimes it does and sometimes it doesnt.  today i just kept moving forward to see how high it would push me.  i started at 19 feet and it continues until i was over the 400 ft law.  i was also out of los so please avoid the comments about that.  i was trying to trouble shoot and document the different reactions i was getting from my drone.

Fly in brake mode, you can also turn off OA.
2022-1-30
Use props
iAmChrisStone
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Charles Adams Posted at 1-30 15:57
Occurs with "bypass" set, going in any direction, but worse in reverse.  Snow and water seem to have an impact (make it worse) but I have confirmed over a hibernating grass field.  This was not introduced with the latest fw update, as I was able to get this to occur prior.  Work around is to disable O/A (not a good idea) or set to break (recommended).

I set it to break and will test it out tomorrow.  Thanks!!
2022-1-30
Use props
iAmChrisStone
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 1-30 16:02
Fly in brake mode, you can also turn off OA.

Thanks! I put in brake mode and will test out tomorrow.
2022-1-30
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there iAmChrisStone. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please fly your DJI Mavic 3 to a different location and kindly please try to fly the said DJI drone on brake mode to see if the said issue will persist? Kindly please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.
2022-1-30
Use props
BrianKushner
lvl.4
Flight distance : 41420253 ft
  • >>>
United States

iAmChrisStone Posted at 1-30 14:32
Ok, I just changed my OA to stop instead of Bypass.  I guess I'll see if that's the issue

That should fix it.
2022-1-30
Use props
iAmChrisStone
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 1-30 20:42
Hello there iAmChrisStone. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please fly your DJI Mavic 3 to a different location and kindly please try to fly the said DJI drone on brake mode to see if the said issue will persist? Kindly please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.

That has been flown in 4 different locations yesterday all with the same result.  However, today I will try the brake mode.

Stephen, even if that fixes the problem, why have a bypass mode if it won't work properly?  Is DJI aware of this and going to fix it in an update later?  If not, maybe just remove that feature.
2022-1-31
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Charles Adams Posted at 1-30 15:57

Work around is to disable O/A (not a good idea)
That's a perfectly good idea.
If there are no obstacles where you are flying, there's no need to have OA enabled and you can use the extra speed that gives you.

Flying somewhere where you feel that OA is needed isn't such a good idea.
2022-1-31
Use props
Charles Adams
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3821312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Labroides Posted at 1-31 03:44
Work around is to disable O/A (not a good idea)
That's a perfectly good idea.
If there are no obstacles where you are flying, there's no need to have OA enabled and you can use the extra speed that gives you.

I don't criticize any body else's flight choices, maybe I should say "not a good idea for me", or "I don't recommend".  There are definitely use cases for disabling all O/A.
2022-1-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules