4799 13 2022-1-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Phoenix2201
lvl.1
Flight distance : 9268 ft

Italy

Hi All,
It's possible avoid to charge the Android phone when connected to RC? Or some tips to mantain the battery of RC? A part have full charged the phone :-) Thanks.
2022-1-30
Use props
No Original Thought
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1364209 ft
United Kingdom

Nope, it's part of the Android spec that anything connected to the USB-C port must supply power to the phone, so it's not possible to switch off this feature when using and Android device.

The charging is optional when using an iOS device.

-N.O.T.
2022-1-30
Use props
blue_canyon21
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23370489 ft
United States

Why do people hate this option so much?
2022-1-30
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

blue_canyon21 Posted at 1-30 18:39

Because it drains the battery of the RC, not had a drained RC myself when using 4 batteries, i always charge mine when i charge the AC batteries,
2022-1-30
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Phoenix2201. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry. For additional reference, the reason why your Android mobile device is discharging on your DJI remote controller. This is because the Android mobile device needs on-going 500ma to maintain the USB connection, so there is no option for the Android device to disable the charging mode, it is related to the android system and the communication protocol. This is regulated by the Android Open Accessory ( AOA ). Thank you.
2022-1-30
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

The remote only actually charges the phone battery if the phone's battery has less charge than the remote. Both are at about 3.7v. Makes perfect sense to me. I never see a problem.

The power required to power the serial port is very small, but DJI has allowed the drain to be larger as indicated in the specs. That is very rarely needed. The deal is that not much power drains from the remote in normal use. But if the phone is dying due to low battery, the remote can support it temporarily.

2022-1-30
Use props
Phoenix2201
lvl.1

Italy

blue_canyon21 Posted at 1-30 18:39

Because for "people" like me, that have a Mini SE, the RC discharged before the Drone, at this point not have sense have more than one max 2 batteries. Moreover you should use a power bank to charge both : Drone and RC.
2022-1-30
Use props
Phoenix2201
lvl.1

Italy

Thanks all for clarification.
2022-1-30
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Phoenix2201 Posted at 1-30 23:43
Because for "people" like me, that have a Mini SE, the RC discharged before the Drone, at this point not have sense have more than one max 2 batteries. Moreover you should use a power bank to charge both : Drone and RC.

I have the Mini1 and an Android phone, so I've noticed this feature. But the drain has never been so much that the RC discharged to unuseable levels during a flying session.  I have three drone batteries, but make sure everything is fully charged before i set out. (Batteries, RC and phone)
2022-1-31
Use props
Phoenix2201
lvl.1

Italy

Blériot53 Posted at 1-31 00:13
I have the Mini1 and an Android phone, so I've noticed this feature. But the drain has never been so much that the RC discharged to unuseable levels during a flying session.  I have three drone batteries, but make sure everything is fully charged before i set out. (Batteries, RC and phone)

Consider that I have it since 2 days.... this is the only think that noticed but not experienced to remain w/o RC battery. But using 1 battery of drone I see that the RC battery was close to the half. Probably is big battery of my phone that even if it was 70%.... it drain a lot of current.
2022-1-31
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Phoenix2201 Posted at 1-31 00:30
Consider that I have it since 2 days.... this is the only think that noticed but not experienced to remain w/o RC battery. But using 1 battery of drone I see that the RC battery was close to the half. Probably is big battery of my phone that even if it was 70%.... it drain a lot of current.

Yes, that's less that ideal.  I use and older Samsung Galaxy S7 just for flying the drone. I guess the current drain from that is rather less than the newer models perhaps.
2022-1-31
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

If you want to make a special cable it can be done. there some videos on Youtube how to do it.
2022-1-31
Use props
UKMoose
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3657552 ft
United Kingdom

Not too sure this actually works, I have tried this for my original Mavic Pro and although it doesn't stop the charging, I'm pretty sure it's not as big a drain on the remote,.
Also when I try to use the modified USB lead to charge my tablet, it takes hours, so it obviously isn't letting as much through,

2022-1-31
Use props
blue_canyon21
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23370489 ft
United States

With the RC charging my A7 Lite, I can usually get 10 to 12 15 to 18 minute flights before having to recharge the RC.
2022-1-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules