SLOW GETTING SATELLITES
2127 29 2022-1-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Javierz0509
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6321804 ft
United States

The Mavic 3 is SUPER SLOW in getting satellites, who else have this issue? let's fill this thread up with reports.

2022-1-30
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

saw this earlier; good video.

as as the gps issues is resolved, i will buy the m3.

wanting to make sure it's not hardware.
2022-1-30
Use props
Nansoutey
lvl.1
Flight distance : 651749 ft
  • >>>
United States

Got My Mavic 3 back in December..  it didn't take no longer than a minute to acquire 20 satellites..  but as soon as I updated to the new update a couple days ago.. now it is taking like 5 minutes to acquire 11 satellites..  come on DJI Fix what you just broke !!!!
2022-1-30
Use props
Tony64
lvl.4
Flight distance : 65574 ft
United Kingdom

Its not slow at all, here's me waiting a short time for mine to lock on this morning.

skel.jpeg
2022-1-30
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 10017858 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Nansoutey Posted at 1-30 15:29
Got My Mavic 3 back in December..  it didn't take no longer than a minute to acquire 20 satellites..  but as soon as I updated to the new update a couple days ago.. now it is taking like 5 minutes to acquire 11 satellites..  come on DJI Fix what you just broke !!!!

Moderator DJI Mindy haws asked members here to post flight log here, its on another thread. But yeah it looks like last FW actually made matters even worse than December FW.

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=redirect&goto=findpost&ptid=255150&pid=2660846
2022-1-30
Use props
MavicFit91
First Officer
Flight distance : 573225 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hey guys. Like most of you I was having issues with gps acquisition. After the newest firmware update I deleted the fly app and reinstalled . After that the mavic 3 has locked home point in 45 seconds ever since. May be a coincidence , but I would feel bad not sharing. I would also recommend using dji assistant to do the latest firmware update. I am curious if this ends up helping anyone. So any feedback would be appreciated.
2022-1-30
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13498560 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

hallmark007 Posted at 1-30 16:05
Moderator DJI Mindy haws asked members here to post flight log here, its on another thread. But yeah it looks like last FW actually made matters even worse than December FW.

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=redirect&goto=findpost&ptid=255150&pid=2660846

I think we all need to keep one thread populated else we all gonna get side tracked. With one thread all comments are there and the Dji Mods are aware and will work on it. The more we comment and post our issues and videos on that thread will help resolve our issues faster instead of all these small threads popping up on the forum.
2022-1-30
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13498560 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

MavicFit91 Posted at 1-30 16:28
Hey guys. Like most of you I was having issues with gps acquisition. After the newest firmware update I deleted the fly app and reinstalled . After that the mavic 3 has locked home point in 45 seconds ever since. May be a coincidence , but I would feel bad not sharing. I would also recommend using dji assistant to do the latest firmware update. I am curious if this ends up helping anyone. So any feedback would be appreciated.

I tried that as well thinking maybe the app, that did not resolve the issue for me but thanks for sharing this, maybe it will help someone.
2022-1-30
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Indeed,   I posted this earlier,  its good to see it getting some more exposure.
2022-1-31
Use props
Mavic 3 Raptor
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3014675 ft
  • >>>
United States

Tony64 Posted at 1-30 15:53
Its not slow at all, here's me waiting a short time for mine to lock on this morning.

[Image]

Thats a good one.
2022-1-31
Use props
Mavic 3 Raptor
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

To be clear, I too have experienced this.   Mini 2 and Mavic 2 Pro in exact same spot do not experience this.
2022-1-31
Use props
Javierz0509
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6321804 ft
United States

DJI can dji add GLONASS sats with firmware or is it hardware limitation?
2022-1-31
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Javierz0509 Posted at 1-31 11:04

Its not a hardware situation the hardware is already there. But how would this explain this not being a problem pre 10th December.
2022-1-31
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Javierz0509 Posted at 1-31 11:04

Its not a hardware situation the hardware is already there. But how would this explain this not being a problem pre 10th December.
2022-1-31
Use props
Sugarfree_Austria
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4049285 ft
Austria

I also experience this. My Mavic 3 take forever (2-6 minutes, depends on my Location) to aquire 12 Sats. My Mavic2 is super fast and do not have this problem.
It sucks to wait so long everytime i want to fly. Why it wants no habe 12 Sats to lockon when my Mavic 2 only wanted 8 AND is much faster aquiring it.
I also saw change GLONASS to Baidou in the Tech-Page but i didn't expect to make such a big deal.
Please allow GLONASS sats to be found again and it would be another issure fixed.
2022-1-31
Use props
Charles Adams
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3821312 ft
  • >>>
United States

I found this post on Facebook, from an individual who posted "DJI support confirms that the RC Pro does in fact take longer to GPS lock than the RCN1 with a phone. They are planning on addressing this in a future firmware update though."

2022-1-31
Use props
djiuser_4O7Z76T9f2Na
lvl.1
Flight distance : 463 ft
United States

Charles Adams Posted at 1-31 14:54
I found this post on Facebook, from an individual who posted "DJI support confirms that the RC Pro does in fact take longer to GPS lock than the RCN1 with a phone. They are planning on addressing this in a future firmware update though."

[view_image]

So that is saying the RC1N1 should take the longest with the RC Pro with network being quicker and the RC Pro without network being the quickest?

I don't think that screen shot infers the RC Pro does in fact take longer to GPS lock than the RCN1 with a phone, based on that hiearchly defined with the ">" signs?!

2022-1-31
Use props
Charles Adams
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_4O7Z76T9f2Na Posted at 1-31 15:53
So that is saying the RC1N1 should take the longest with the RC Pro with network being quicker and the RC Pro without network being the quickest?

I don't think that screen shot infers the RC Pro does in fact take longer to GPS lock than the RCN1 with a phone, based on that hiearchly defined with the ">" signs?!

I interpreted it as a greater than sign, in this case "longer than".  But that's just my interpretation, which could be incorrect.
2022-1-31
Use props
JRunner01
lvl.1
United States

Charles Adams Posted at 1-31 16:13
I interpreted it as a greater than sign, in this case "longer than".  But that's just my interpretation, which could be incorrect.

Then this would be the opposite ... "RC Pro does in fact take longer to GPS lock than the RCN1 with a phone"  Or perhaps thats the fix they need to address to make the order of gps lock from longest to shortest correct.
2022-2-1
Use props
Charles Adams
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

JRunner01 Posted at 2-1 10:27
Then this would be the opposite ... "RC Pro does in fact take longer to GPS lock than the RCN1 with a phone"  Or perhaps thats the fix they need to address to make the order of gps lock from longest to shortest correct.

I can't tell if you and I are reading it the same or not.  I read it as "RCN1 takes longer than RC Pro with network takes longer than RC Pro w/o network".

I think some forum members have access to both RCs, and it would be a great experiment to time each and record the results.  It couldn't be done back to back though, it would have to span some time, like each one per day.
2022-2-1
Use props
JRunner01
lvl.1
United States

Charles Adams Posted at 2-1 11:25
I can't tell if you and I are reading it the same or not.  I read it as "RCN1 takes longer than RC Pro with network takes longer than RC Pro w/o network".

I think some forum members have access to both RCs, and it would be a great experiment to time each and record the results.  It couldn't be done back to back though, it would have to span some time, like each one per day.

Yep that's how I am reading it too. So it should be the case that the RCN1 takes longer than the RC Pro in either config with or without network.

So perhaps the long gps lock issue is with the RC Pro only (either config with or without network)???, that is taking an extra long time to lock on to gps sats and they are intending to hopefully fix it so that it is no longer taking the longest to lock on to gps sats as compared to the RCN1.

But your right, I wonder how many are those who are complaining about the sat lock time are with RCN1 or RC Pro remotes.

2022-2-1
Use props
Charles Adams
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

JRunner01 Posted at 2-1 11:30
Yep that's how I am reading it too. So it should be the case that the RCN1 takes longer than the RC Pro.

So perhaps the long gps lock issue is with the RC Pro only (either config with or without network)???, that is taking an extra long time to lock on to gps sats and they are intending to hopefully fix it so that it is no longer taking the longest to lock on to gps sats compared to the RCN1.

I don't know how RC Pro and RC N1 compare, but I can tell you how my RC N1 compares to my other RC N1 for the MA2.  The MA2 gets lock fairly quickly, and sometimes I don't even have time to start a timer.  The MA3 can take quite a while (sometimes 6+ minutes in my experience), and only by doing an elevated pre-homepoint liftoff (and waiting) do I reduce the lock time down to 90ish seconds.

I would like someone to experiment with both the RC's and see how they compare.

BTW...  I'm not as disturbed by the wait as others are (and they have every right to be).  I've managed to work in my pre-flight into the wait, so it's not "horrible" for me.  But still, I find this to be a fascinating issue, and I have encountered situations where I did have a desire to lift off quickly and I was unable to do so.
2022-2-1
Use props
JayOhio
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2289446 ft
United States

The setup here is the RC PRO with the Mavic 3 and Air2s, I just did 2 short flights after no flights from weather for the past 3-4 days and I had a home point in less than 25 seconds on both. Sounds like some have issues and some don't.
2022-2-1
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Charles Adams Posted at 2-1 11:39
I don't know how RC Pro and RC N1 compare, but I can tell you how my RC N1 compares to my other RC N1 for the MA2.  The MA2 gets lock fairly quickly, and sometimes I don't even have time to start a timer.  The MA3 can take quite a while (sometimes 6+ minutes in my experience), and only by doing an elevated pre-homepoint liftoff (and waiting) do I reduce the lock time down to 90ish seconds.

I would like someone to experiment with both the RC's and see how they compare.

I don’t think GPS has anything to do with RC. You can just turn your craft on and it will gain satellites on its own, leave for a few minutes and it will be cooked. In fact those driving to locations should try 5 minutes before they reach location turn on M3 and by the time they arrive a lot of gathering will already have been done.

Its a real shame to ask people who paid so much cash to resort to these archaic methods when much cheaper craft don’t have these problems. Not having the decency to come out and acknowledge and explain what it is and when it will be fixed is upsetting for a lot of people. I’m speaking as someone who doesn’t have these excessive waiting times, I can only imagine how annoyed some are.
2022-2-1
Use props
Mavic 3 Raptor
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Hi Everyone,

I haven't had an opportunity to do this myself yet, but you better believe I'm going to try:

NET:    1) Downgrade your firmware using DJI Assistant 2
            2) Boot to get quicker satellite lock
            3) Upgrade back to the latest firmware using DJI Assistant 2

He actually refreshed the latest firmware as a first step and sate for 12 mins until he got a satellite lock, but I suspect is was more the downgrade, lock, and then update to firmware that may have helped.

One thing he doesn't give much more info on was if he changed batteries when trying this or tried cold booting on a different day to see if he still got fast sat lock.
2022-2-1
Use props
djiuser_1ci8qhmJKFw3
lvl.2
Flight distance : 38930 ft
United States

I took my Mavic 3 out for a short flight yesterday, and once again today.  In both instances I was fully locked for take off in less than a minute.  I consider myself lucky after seeing so many post.  Yes, I am using the latest firmware and DJI Fly version.  
2022-2-1
Use props
AngieR
New

United States

Great video. I am having the same issues. I had the 2 and upgraded to the 3 in December. I do have to say the delay is way longer after the last upgrade.
2023-2-10
Use props
AngieR
New

United States

I had the DJI 2 for 2 years and just recently, in December got the 3. I am experiencing the same issues. I flew it 3 days ago and it took 3 minutes. There is only so much battery life. I hate wasting it waiting.  
2023-2-10
Use props
JmsWms
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3344603 ft
United States

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the FLY app as was suggested above? This thread is over a year old, and no one else has been having a problem. Just a thought.
2023-2-10
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
Flight distance : 27904331 ft
  • >>>
Germany

AngieR Posted at 2-10 16:09
I had the DJI 2 for 2 years and just recently, in December got the 3. I am experiencing the same issues. I flew it 3 days ago and it took 3 minutes. There is only so much battery life. I hate wasting it waiting.
Satellite reception is as fast as you can expect, just "lightning fast"...   
2023-2-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules