Possible to turn off auto-return ?
2384 16 2022-1-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_IjKebFRsAYYH
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1616693 ft
United States

Is it possible to turn off the auto-return that triggers at 30% battery life ?I really just need an audible warning every 5% after battery is at 20% and don't need the distraction of opting-out of the auto-return.

2022-1-30
Use props
tikichomp
lvl.2
Flight distance : 105049 ft
United States

I think the distraction is actually a safety hazard DJI is putting on FPV operators. Takes our attention off flying the unit.
2022-1-30
Use props
djiuser_IjKebFRsAYYH
lvl.2
United States

yeah I agree, the auto-return should be opt-in with button press
2022-1-30
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. I will forward these information to the designated DJI department for attention. Thank you.
2022-1-30
Use props
cootertwo
Second Officer
United States

YES! I agree, I fly around under a lot of tree cover, and I have to be careful of the battery level, as when it goes into return to home, it goes up, and into the trees.
2022-1-31
Use props
fansebae
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7672598 ft
  • >>>
United States

Use Drone-Hacks to set:
g_config.voltage2.level_1_voltage = 10
g_config.voltage2.level_2_voltage = 0
g_config.voltage.level_1_protect = 3600
g_config.voltage.level_2_protect = 3200
g_config.voltage2.level2_smart_battert_gohome = 0
g_config.voltage2.level2_smart_battert_land = 0  

Instead forced RTH you might get a warning at 20% battery: "Battery level low. Throttle output restricted"

Do it at your own risk!
2022-1-31
Use props
djiuser_IjKebFRsAYYH
lvl.2
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 1-30 20:47
Hello there. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. I will forward these information to the designated DJI department for attention. Thank you.

Hi Stephen, do you have any news if this proposal will be taken seriously ?
For a beginner, it's great to be cradled like a noob baby when it comes to flying... but as an experienced pilot I don't want to have to worry about losing control of my aircraft.
2022-2-23
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

djiuser_IjKebFRsAYYH Posted at 2-23 18:37
Hi Stephen, do you have any news if this proposal will be taken seriously ?
For a beginner, it's great to be cradled like a noob baby when it comes to flying... but as an experienced pilot I don't want to have to worry about losing control of my aircraft.

Hi there. Thank you for the reply and for these given information. As of the moment, we do not have any information with DJI's future updates and with regards to this inquiry. Kindly please stay tuned to the latest updates by subscribing to DJI official website at www.dji.com or following us on social media ( Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DJI , Twitter: https://twitter.com/djiglobal , YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/djiinnovations ). Thank you.
2022-2-24
Use props
cootertwo
Second Officer
United States

I'll have to look, but I think I saw an option in the goggle menu, about setting "home point". If "home point" can be turned off, that would cancel "return to home" as there would be NO "home point"   ??????
2022-2-25
Use props
djiuser_815x2geRiVHk
lvl.1
Flight distance : 284259 ft
Brazil

cootertwo Posted at 2022-2-25 09:41
I'll have to look, but I think I saw an option in the goggle menu, about setting "home point". If "home point" can be turned off, that would cancel "return to home" as there would be NO "home point"   ??????

This option is to replace current home point
2023-3-4
Use props
mDaWg
lvl.1
Flight distance : 197 ft
United States

This is definitely something that needs to be considered. I was flying my drone at night having no problems seeing where I was going, but the lighting was not good enough for the drone to properly detect obstacles. The moment it locked me out and went into automatic RTH mode, it crashed into a tree and fell, causing damage to my drone's camera.

It's really sad because if it had just beeped and let out a warning, I could've safely flown the drone back home and not smacked right into a tree....
2023-3-6
Use props
mDaWg
lvl.1
United States

EDIT: Sorry, double clicked button twice and it went through twice
2023-3-6
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

mDaWg Posted at 3-6 09:15
This is definitely something that needs to be considered. I was flying my drone at night having no problems seeing where I was going, but the lighting was not good enough for the drone to properly detect obstacles. The moment it locked me out and went into automatic RTH mode, it crashed into a tree and fell, causing damage to my drone's camera.

It's really sad because if it had just beeped and let out a warning, I could've safely flown the drone back home and not smacked right into a tree....

sorry im confused by this.  are you saying you got locked out of the controls and the drone flew home by itself when it reached the critical low battery level where it is forced rth automatically?
2023-3-6
Use props
mDaWg
lvl.1
United States

The Saint Posted at 3-6 13:46
sorry im confused by this.  are you saying you got locked out of the controls and the drone flew home by itself when it reached the critical low battery level where it is forced rth automatically?

i was already flying the drone back home because battery was getting low. low battery mode kicked in right in front of a tree that i was maneuvering around and started the automatic RTH and locked my controller. before i could take over it was already cutting up tree branches and falling the ground trying to move at line of sight directly to the home point in my backyard without going around the tree.

normally the drone would just stop in place and complain about obstacles but because obstacle detection was off due to low lighting it just ran right into the tree.
2023-3-7
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

mDaWg Posted at 3-7 11:27
i was already flying the drone back home because battery was getting low. low battery mode kicked in right in front of a tree that i was maneuvering around and started the automatic RTH and locked my controller. before i could take over it was already cutting up tree branches and falling the ground trying to move at line of sight directly to the home point in my backyard without going around the tree.

normally the drone would just stop in place and complain about obstacles but because obstacle detection was off due to low lighting it just ran right into the tree.

ok i see. got it.  thx.
2023-3-7
Use props
dannydoidoi
lvl.2

Romania

2023-3-7
Use props
raulvolador
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4771427 ft
Spain

fansebae Posted at 2022-1-31 10:24
Use Drone-Hacks to set:
g_config.voltage2.level_1_voltage = 10
g_config.voltage2.level_2_voltage = 0

Hi,

Could you explain what does each of the parameters do ?

Thanks a lot
2-27 04:56
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules