3114 16 2022-1-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fabcarb
lvl.2
Flight distance : 881818 ft
Brazil

Hi all,
Just bought a Mini2, my fourth DJI drone and loved it. However, after my third flight with it, the battery run out while transferring a file to my phone and I couldn’t connect it to the remote controller anymore. I’ve tried to relink it without success using the app and pressing the on button until it beeped etc. The back light flashes red.

Later, I’ve installed the Assistant in two different computers and both didn’t recognize it too.

Do you know what can be happening here? It is a known bug of the bird? Any chance to try to fix it by myself is really appreciated because I don’t live in the US or China and using the warranty would be a pain in Brazil.

Thanks!
80A6B633-BF7C-4A85-A42F-3FBDA9BAF613.jpeg
2022-1-30
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there fabcarb. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please post a short sample video showing the said issue for us to see and can assist you. In addition I will post a chart below on the DJI Mini 2 Aircraft Status Indicator States. Thank you.

2022-1-30
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Great shot there.   
2022-1-31
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Great capture.

Sorry to hear about the RC lost connection. Hopefully, it is nothing serious.
2022-1-31
Use props
fabcarb
lvl.2
Brazil

DJI Stephen Posted at 1-30 22:00
Hello there fabcarb. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please post a short sample video showing the said issue for us to see and can assist you. In addition I will post a chart below on the DJI Mini 2 Aircraft Status Indicator States. Thank you.

[view_image]

Hi Stephen,

thanks for your quick reply! Please find a video with the situation:

To my surprise, during the recording, the remote briefly connected to the bird and suddenly disconnected again. It lasted around 3-4 seconds. I've tried many other times and the same happened: a brief connection and it was gone.

I've also tried with two phones, with and without the SD card, using the app connection helper and trying to re-link the parts.

Anyway, I couldn't connect to DJI Assistant in its many versions (Mavic, general, 1.x, 2.x, Mac, W10, W11).

Any help from you or the folks here that may have experienced a similar situation is highly appreciated! Thank you!
2022-1-31
Use props
fabcarb
lvl.2
Brazil

DJI Stephen Posted at 1-30 22:00
Hello there fabcarb. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please post a short sample video showing the said issue for us to see and can assist you. In addition I will post a chart below on the DJI Mini 2 Aircraft Status Indicator States. Thank you.

[view_image]
(edited) duplicated
2022-1-31
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

ahhhh i see you posted whilst I was typing and have tried what I suggest so the following is now moot

remove the mSD card from the drone and see if the drone and controller will connect. If so then I'd suspect the file being downloaded at the time of the shut down is now corrupt.
You could perhaps MOVE the suspect file to a computer by putting the card into a reader attached the the computer and put the card (minus the corrupt file) back in the drone etc.etc. If the drone and controller will not connect  move all your photos form the card to the computer and reformat the card and put it back in the drone and test
2022-1-31
Use props
fabcarb
lvl.2
Brazil

DAFlys Posted at 1-31 00:54
Great shot there.

Thank you! It was the first flight with the Mini 2 - parked the car in the road after visiting the ruins (it's great, highly recommended) and I didn't know if I was going to have a good view of the Pyramid (or Castle, as they called it). To my surprise, after 20 or so meters, I got this view of the jungle and this beautiful construction.

It was pretty early and without many people below, so I had the chance to cross the whole park to record it and came back to the road with 50% battery, connection was great all the time, much better than the Mavic Mini. It's such a pity that this issue is happening now.

2022-1-31
Use props
fabcarb
lvl.2
Brazil

DAFlys Posted at 1-31 00:54
Great shot there.
. Also dup

2022-1-31
Use props
fabcarb
lvl.2
Brazil

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 1-31 13:38
ahhhh i see you posted whilst I was typing and have tried what I suggest so the following is now moot

Hi Sean,

Yes, I read something about the SD bug, but didn't find any corrupt file in the card. I tried connecting with the SD, without it and with a brand new smaller card that I have here - all with the same outcome. It's so strange!

Thanks for your help!

2022-1-31
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You say " I’ve installed the Assistant in two different computers and both didn’t recognize it too. ", which assistant 2?  The mini 2 requires the " DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series)" .
Just in case that was not the one you tried and the latter does connect I am wondering if, if there is a corrupt file on the drone would a firmware refresh fix it? Also just in case it appears that DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series) does not offer firmware updates have a look at . If you want to watch the whole thng fine but if you want the substance start at around 5:30.
2022-1-31
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Not sure I follow you?
2022-2-1
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fabcarb Posted at 1-31 13:40
Thank you! It was the first flight with the Mini 2 - parked the car in the road after visiting the ruins (it's great, highly recommended) and I didn't know if I was going to have a good view of the Pyramid (or Castle, as they called it). To my surprise, after 20 or so meters, I got this view of the jungle and this beautiful construction.

It was pretty early and without many people below, so I had the chance to cross the whole park to record it and came back to the road with 50% battery, connection was great all the time, much better than the Mavic Mini. It's such a pity that this issue is happening now.

This view is really nice,   really puts everything in perspective.
2022-2-1
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

fabcarb Posted at 1-31 13:29
Hi Stephen,

thanks for your quick reply! Please find a video with the situation:

Hi there fabcarb. Thank you for the reply and for giving out these information and for this video as well. Since you are having this issue with your DJI Mini 2. I would recommend for you to contact our DJI Support Team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for further assistance with regards to this matter. We will do there best to help you and give out the best resolution for the said issue. Again, I am sorry and thank you.
2022-2-2
Use props
fabcarb
lvl.2
Brazil

Hi all,

Coming back to thank to all who supported me in this thread, I've sent the bird to DJI and the defect was detected. The aircraft core board module is being replaced and, even flying only twice after being purchased a month ago, it cost me USD 266. The positive note is that it seems the whole process is being fast. Let's see, I can't wait to fly with it again.

Thanks!
2022-2-22
Use props
fabcarb
lvl.2
Brazil

Hi all,

Coming back to thank to all who supported me in this thread, I've sent the bird to DJI and the defect was detected. The aircraft core board module is being replaced and, even flying only twice after being purchased a month ago, it cost me USD 266. The positive note is that it seems the whole process is being fast. Let's see, I can't wait to fly with it again.

Thanks!
2022-2-22
Use props
Snoopy70
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4762470 ft
Canada

Why is it costing you USD$266? Should be covered under 1 year warranty?
2022-2-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules