Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Fines Aerial
lvl.4
Flight distance : 17269813 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hi,

When will the Mavic 3 Cine get the focus and active tracking of the regular Mavic 3 when filming in ProRes?

thanks,
2022-1-31
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

You won’t get an answer to that. But its worth starting a thread to show how much users would like this implemented. It may never happen but support for it could change that.

I’m hoping that more updates will come throughout the year with new features as well as fixed bugs.
2022-1-31
Use props
Fines Aerial
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Thanks.

Looking back at the launch ads these features were promised for "January 2022" for both the regular and Cine. I can't say I'm surprised, but I am really disappointed that the $5k drone is missing features that were promoted when it launched but only implemented on the less expensive version.
2022-1-31
Use props
seattle_helo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 56533511 ft
United States

It's safe to say that anyone with a M3C wants that functionality implemented ASAP. I know I do. Hopefully it happens soon but with the lunar new year I'm guessing we won't see any updates from DJI for at least a few weeks.
2022-1-31
Use props
liezenblau
lvl.3
Flight distance : 10545 ft
  • >>>
Austria

I see it the same way. The Mavic cine is a lot more expensive and then proRes HQ should also be used sensibly. At the moment this is only possible with normal flying. I really hope that the DJI will be included in the next updates.
2022-1-31
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Fines Aerial. Good day and thank you for the inquiry. As of the moment, we do not have any information with DJI's future update releases for the DJI Mavic 3 Cine and with regards to this matter. Kindly please stay tuned to the latest updates by subscribing to DJI official website at www.dji.com or following us on social media ( Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DJI , Twitter: https://twitter.com/djiglobal , YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/djiinnovations ). Thank you.
2022-1-31
Use props
Fines Aerial
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 1-31 19:16
Hello there Fines Aerial. Good day and thank you for the inquiry. As of the moment, we do not have any information with DJI's future update releases for the DJI Mavic 3 Cine and with regards to this matter. Kindly please stay tuned to the latest updates by subscribing to DJI official website at www.dji.com or following us on social media ( Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DJI , Twitter: https://twitter.com/djiglobal , YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/djiinnovations ). Thank you.

Hi,

I've gone back and looked at (and copied) the DJI advertising about this drone. There was absolutely no indication that the Cine version would not have the basic functionality of the non-Cine version. These functions were promised without distinction between versions.

This is just flat out deceptive advertising, or put more plainly, lying. A lousy thing to do to folks who have bought the much more expensive version.

Boo.
2022-5-1
Use props
TeddyBozeman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 152044 ft
  • >>>
United States

Fines Aerial Posted at 5-1 13:32
Hi,

I've gone back and looked at (and copied) the DJI advertising about this drone. There was absolutely no indication that the Cine version would not have the basic functionality of the non-Cine version. These functions were promised without distinction between versions.

Just found this thread, and I have to agree; very disappointed I can't use tracking even for the simplest of shots when using ProRes. What's the point in all these features if we can't use them?
2022-6-9
Use props
skyfilmic
lvl.2
Turkey

I'm very disappointed by reading these, I'm coming from Inspire 2 X7 setup and one thing I love about it when flying solo is the Spotlight. Prores is a must have codec for professional work. I was about to buy a M3C but i will consider my decision..
2022-6-12
Use props
fans1fce5ca9
lvl.2

United States

Also very disappointed subject tracking is not available when shooting pro res.  Perhaps it’s a processing power thing or something?  Not sure but would be super stoked to get a fix for this.  Also can we get a speed ramping feature implemented for hyperlapse?  Start at up to 5mph and end at min .1mph would be amazing!
2022-7-19
Use props
Cristian Mihai
lvl.1

Romania

Damn...just bought mine and i was not expecting this..How is that possible? Bought the Cine for the Solo operator and nowhere is advertised as not working.
2022-7-20
Use props
Rotor360
lvl.3
Flight distance : 18656654 ft
  • >>>
Australia

ProRes is a must have for my professional work, but I was very disappointed to find out that my Cine can't do active-track in ProRes mode.
@DJI when will the M3Cine support ActiveTrack?
2022-8-16
Use props
TeddyBozeman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 152044 ft
  • >>>
United States

So, not to whine, but another new firmware and still no mention of this   
2022-11-2
Use props
djiuser_EIdp2cq0Yd3I
lvl.1
Flight distance : 231460 ft
Sweden

Geezus! Just found this out. So I can NOT use Prores with active track??? The ProRes is why i BOUGHT this drone.
We REALLY need an update on this matter. WILL it come or is the hardware not capable of using ProRes as advertised?

You guys really need to adress this now? Is it being worked on?
2023-6-7
Use props
djiuser_5VnamipLdduS
lvl.1
Germany

DJI is the biggest scammer ever not to Release ProRes for ActiveTrack! This is outrageous! Me and my colleagues will never buy DJI products again without checking them for scammy marketing first.
2023-8-22
Use props
Nicholibo
lvl.1
United States

I just wanted to echo the frustration and disappointment mentioned by everyone on this thread and the innumerable others that have not bothered to chime in. The inability to use active tracking for Pro Res footage is bad enough, but to intentionally mislead your customers is reprehensible.
2023-11-20
Use props
djiuser_EEXtim8SFbZ6
lvl.4
Flight distance : 884301 ft
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_5VnamipLdduS Posted at 8-22 22:16
DJI is the biggest scammer ever not to Release ProRes for ActiveTrack! This is outrageous! Me and my colleagues will never buy DJI products again without checking them for scammy marketing first.

file a consumer complaint as i wil i had to to get them to do something before.  file a consumer complaint.  cause they promised that.  seems like cash grab get 5 grand an end support as quick as possible.  mines range is 1/5 what it was before the air 3 released.  funny how a new mini 4 pro suspiciously has better footage...did they nerf functionality.
2023-11-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules