Mac OS Monterey 12.1
2996 8 2022-1-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Sparky J
lvl.1

United States

Haven't had a gig for my Mavic 2 Pro since the pandemic. Tried flying it today and see a firmware update is requiered. Apparently there isn't an upgrade available for my Mac running Monterey 12.1. Will there be one available?
If not, any thoughts on how to proceed? Is my relativly new Mavic virtually bricked?

2022-1-31
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

DJI Assistant 2 works for me I mainly use Big Sur but have Monterey on a separate disk and it works fine.
2022-1-31
Use props
Sparky J
lvl.1

United States

Suren Posted at 1-31 10:08
DJI Assistant 2 works for me I mainly use Big Sur but have Monterey on a separate disk and it works fine.

Thanks for the reply, Suren.
Are you saying it's working on Monterey?
Having a separate disk for a compatible OS seems an unnecessary cost and shouldn't be necessary for a relatively new drone. I bought the Mavic 2 Pro only two years ago.
On the "DJI Assistant 2 For Mavic" download site it says the following: "Compatible with Mavic.DJI Assistant 2 is not currently compatible with macOS version 11 or later. This issue will be resolved in a future update."
Perhaps the update has occurred and I haven't found it yet??
2022-1-31
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

Sparky J Posted at 1-31 10:39
Thanks for the reply, Suren.
Are you saying it's working on Monterey?
Having a separate disk for a compatible OS seems an unnecessary cost and shouldn't be necessary for a relatively new drone. I bought the Mavic 2 Pro only two years ago.

It works perfectly on Big Sur and Monterey 12.1. I have been using the beta versions of Monterey till official release and never had any issues with Assistant 2. Monterey 12.2 is very buggy for me hence i rolled back to 12.1. I always have MacOS on 2 disks. One that is perfectly working and then the new versions for testing. Until i am confident in the new versions i wont delete the older version.
2022-1-31
Use props
Sparky J
lvl.1

United States

Suren Posted at 1-31 11:57
It works perfectly on Big Sur and Monterey 12.1. I have been using the beta versions of Monterey till official release and never had any issues with Assistant 2. Monterey 12.2 is very buggy for me hence i rolled back to 12.1. I always have MacOS on 2 disks. One that is perfectly working and then the new versions for testing. Until i am confident in the new versions i wont delete the older version.

I should do that - two disks just to be safe.
I borrowed my wife’s computer. She hadn't upgraded the OS yet. I did the firmware update through it. Worked great.
…sweet little drone.
It's interesting that DJI has the compatibility warning if it works on Monterey. Go figure.
Thanks again for the replies.

2022-2-1
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

Sparky J Posted at 2-1 17:14
I should do that - two disks just to be safe.
I borrowed my wife’s computer. She hadn't upgraded the OS yet. I did the firmware update through it. Worked great.
…sweet little drone.

No issues, glad you up and running.
2022-2-1
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Sparky J. Good day and thank you for reaching out. I hope that our fellow DJI pilots who have downloaded the DJI Assistant 2 and are using the Mac OS Monterey 12.1. Can give out the best recommendation and information with regards to this matter. Thank you.
2022-2-3
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

Hey Mate, Just to let you know I tested Assistant 2 on Monterey 12.2 and had no issues today.
2022-2-11
Use props
fansc8f2f2f6
lvl.1
United States

I have 12.4 and can not seem to make it work
2022-7-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules