DJI PILOT CRASHES WITH ANDROID V12
5205 11 2022-2-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BrianSV
lvl.1
Flight distance : 55039 ft
South Africa

Can anyone help with the DJI Pilot App. It crashes immediatly on opening the Pilot App on an OPPO 5 phone with V12 upgrade?It worked perfectly well wit V11!

2022-2-1
Use props
DroneBees
lvl.3
Flight distance : 6698159 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Same with Samsung S20 5G
2022-2-2
Use props
i.beshim
lvl.1

Russia

Same with Samsung S10e
2022-2-2
Use props
DroneBees
lvl.3
Flight distance : 6698159 ft
  • >>>
Canada

UGcS is also broken because of the bug in the DJI SDK. I couldn't do a job because of this issue. Other control apps work (Dronelink) But I can't unlock the airport zones without DJI Pilot.

DJI Go4 is also broken.
2022-2-2
Use props
BrianSV
lvl.1
South Africa

If you load DJI Go4 from the DJI Download instead of the PlayStore, it works..... Not the same for DJI Pilot though.
2022-2-2
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there BrianSV. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please try using a different recommended mobile device for the DJI Pilot application for us to be able to isolate the said issue? Upon checking the said mobile device ( OPPO 5 V12 ) that your are trying to use on the DJI Pilot application. I am sorry to say that the said mobile device is not recommended for the said DJI application. DJI suggest using a recommended mobile device for the DJI Pilot application for compatibility and reliability purposes. There is a possibility that the OPPO 5 V12 will be able to work on the DJI Pilot application. But however, since it's not yet optimized with the said DJI application we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Pilot application while using it. For reference I will post a DJI link  where in you can find the recommended mobile device for the DJI Pilot application ( https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-pilot ) . Thank you.
2022-2-3
Use props
djiuser_IE8btUmRTgJp
New
Flight distance : 189134 ft

United Kingdom

I'm having issues too with a Samsung A51 - now running Android Vs 12 - it worked fine on Vs 11. No matter how many times I uninstall, download (from DJI) the  Pilot .apk app package, when it's launched it just crashes out straight away.
Trying to fly a Mavik 2 Enterprise Dual - it worked before on the Samsung A51 - so are DJI going to optimise this device so it is compatibility again?

What's the response from DJI on this? Are you working on it?
2022-4-26
Use props
BrianSV
lvl.1
South Africa

I have even tried going back to my Samsung Note 10 Pro, which worked fine until the upgrade to Version 12. Now it as with any Android Phone with Android Version 12, useless.

DJI please have a look at this. it is not the Android Phones been incompatible with DJI Pilot, but DJI Pilot being incompatible with Android Version 12.
I have now reverted to going to another 3d Party mapping app to be able to fly my missions.

DJI, please help.......  
2022-4-26
Use props
Uniques
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I purchased a Drone 2 months ago. First ever drone. Its now been a brick for 2 months. What do I do? How do I use it? is there any way?

I have a Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra, and a Xiaomi Mi 11 phone, but both are on Android 12 and the app will instantly crash.

Anyone know what I can do to actually be able to fly the drone?
2022-5-7
Use props
djiuser_KWrgDXOrz1Ir
lvl.1
United States

Uniques Posted at 5-7 08:43
I purchased a Drone 2 months ago. First ever drone. Its now been a brick for 2 months. What do I do? How do I use it? is there any way?

I have a Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra, and a Xiaomi Mi 11 phone, but both are on Android 12 and the app will instantly crash.

I have put off purchasing a Mini 2 because the software is not compatible with my phone nor with the new phone I want to purchase.

One possible solution I've thought of it simply buying a used (compatible) phone from one of the local independent cell phone stores. Seems like for $100-$150 I could find something that works.

It's a drag, but I could probably sell it after DJI gets it together.
Was hoping for a software update, but it's not looking good, is it?
2022-5-8
Use props
BrianSV
lvl.1
South Africa

Uniques Posted at 5-7 08:43

I have a Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra, and a Xiaomi Mi 11 phone, but both are on Android 12 and the app will instantly crash.

How I got around flying my Drone was to load DJI GO 4 from the DJI Download Centre (Not the APP Store). Search for DJI GO 4, load to your phone accepting all permissions. This will get you up and flying. Unfortunately, this does not work with DJI Pilot.  
Good luck and enjoy flying.

2022-5-9
Use props
Dronitech Droni
New

India

Same with narzo
Real me N55
1-27 23:49
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now