Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
AirSense
457 7 2022-2-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_wFd7gvVFkPkx
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1019665 ft
Mexico

Just to comment on something that is very interesting to me, I bought my Drone Air 2 in Mexico and it is supposed to not have AirSense, however, by mistake in one of the updates I noticed that planes were being detected on the radar since I live very close to the airport, I live on the border and thanks to this I decided to take my drone to the US just to see if the same thing happened near another airport and what do you think was my surprise when I realized that AirSense is fully operational with my drone, so as a conclusion at least in my case the restriction is by SoftWare based on the Georeference, so I'm very happy, I hope they release the tool since I don't see any logic in blocking an option that if it brings the equipment, it seems very strange!! Any idea why it is blocked, if the drone has it?
2022-2-1
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there. Good day and thank you for sharing these interesting information with us. For additional reference, the DJI AirSense is an alert system that uses ADS-B technology to give drone pilots enhanced situational awareness and help them make responsible decisions while flying. This feature gathers flight data sent automatically from nearby aircraft with ADS-B transmitters, analyzing it to detect potential collision risks and alert users well in advance through the DJI mobile application. In addition, I will post a DJI link where in you can read more about the DJI AirSense ( https://www.dji.com/flysafe/airsense ).  Thank you.
2022-2-1
Use props
marinovega
lvl.2
Mexico

DJI Stephen Posted at 2-1 19:32
Hello there. Good day and thank you for sharing these interesting information with us. For additional reference, the DJI AirSense is an alert system that uses ADS-B technology to give drone pilots enhanced situational awareness and help them make responsible decisions while flying. This feature gathers flight data sent automatically from nearby aircraft with ADS-B transmitters, analyzing it to detect potential collision risks and alert users well in advance through the DJI mobile application. In addition, I will post a DJI link where in you can read more about the DJI AirSense ( https://www.dji.com/flysafe/airsense ).  Thank you.

Thanks !! That is more than clear and it seems to me an excellent function, my question is why if the drone has it, why do they block it in Mexico?
2022-2-1
Use props
GaryDoug
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

marinovega Posted at 2-1 20:36
Thanks !! That is more than clear and it seems to me an excellent function, my question is why if the drone has it, why do they block it in Mexico?

I suspect that the government does not want anyone detecting surveillance aircraft in their area by any means. Maybe a drug smuggling issue? Just a guess.
2022-2-1
Use props
MySky
lvl.4
Flight distance : 364902 ft
Germany

marinovega Posted at 2-1 20:36

It is not only in Mexico. Except the US it is blocked for all Air 2 pilots around the world.
If there is a little red plane appearing at the edge of the radar it is SW bug.
It has alread been seen by some pilots. I thougt Airsense has been unblocked here in Germany / EU since the last updates, but did not get any text pop-up warning messages like with the full functioning Airsense.
A lot of Air 2 owners complained that Airsense is blocked on their devices since the start of the Air 2.
DJI never provided a proper logical explanation for it.
The only explanation might be, that DJI wanted to avoid any complains and returns due to they selled some Air 2 without the Airsense module due to Corona chip shortage starting back in 2020 as DJI said.
2022-2-2
Use props
virtual
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4897142 ft
Czechia

What a shame that Airsence is not enabled in Europe (despite low numbers of ADS-B equipped aircrafts)...
2022-2-2
Use props
marinovega
lvl.2
United States

MySky Posted at 2-2 03:30
It is not only in Mexico. Except the US it is blocked for all Air 2 pilots around the world.
If there is a little red plane appearing at the edge of the radar it is SW bug.
It has alread been seen by some pilots. I thougt Airsense has been unblocked here in Germany / EU since the last updates, but did not get any text pop-up warning messages like with the full functioning Airsense.

Can be! But at least in my case I constantly travel to the USA and at least there I can count on AirSense, however, it would be very helpful if it was always working, since most passenger planes apparently have this technology. .
2022-2-2
Use props
MySky
lvl.4
Flight distance : 364902 ft
Germany

marinovega Posted at 2-2 18:00
Can be! But at least in my case I constantly travel to the USA and at least there I can count on AirSense, however, it would be very helpful if it was always working, since most passenger planes apparently have this technology. .

I fully agree and wish they would unlock it for Europe as well.
2022-2-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules