Orbit under 5 meters altitude
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
zzzanzzzibar
lvl.1

France

Hello,
is anyone of you know how to make an orbit under 5 meters altitude from the take off point ?
neither with litchi or dji go I managed do circle under 5 meters. with litchi, automaticly go up to 5 meters even I point the poi of the orbit 30 meters under.
thank you in advance, your solution will be a game changer for what I have to do. ;-)
(using a mavic or a phantom, same limit)
2022-2-1
Use props
JetSam
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 3462946 ft
  • >>>
Spain

there are some height minimums in those applications and in those smart modes, the cause is security ..... you can do it manually if you know the technique on the sticks
2022-2-1
Use props
JetSam
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Spain

2022-2-1
Use props
JetSam
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Spain

It is Funny ! Try it
when you learn this technique you won't want to use smart modes anymore
2022-2-1
Use props
zzzanzzzibar
lvl.1

France

JetSam Posted at 2-1 23:43
there are some height minimums in those applications and in those smart modes, the cause is security ..... you can do it manually if you know the technique on the sticks

thanks for the answer.
Unfortunatly, even with the sticks asking to lower the orbit I can go under 5 meters (maybe you have a special tips ?).
was wondering how to avoid or cheat thoses limitations...
(altitude setting or unable the limitations)
other idea ?
2022-2-2
Use props
zzzanzzzibar
lvl.1

France

JetSam Posted at 2-1 23:46
It is Funny ! Try it
when you learn this technique you won't want to use smart modes anymore

thank you, manual fly are very fun, I admit.
but for this specific project, I can't use the camera to help my self. Automatic fly is the only way
(the purpose is not to film anything from the air)
2022-2-2
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there zzzanzzzibar. Good day and thank you for reaching out. For additional reference I will post a DJI Tutorial video on DJI GO – Intelligent Flight Mode: Point of Interest. Thank you.

2022-2-3
Use props
endotherm
First Officer
Flight distance : 503241 ft

Australia

zzzanzzzibar Posted at 2-2 05:24
thanks for the answer.
Unfortunatly, even with the sticks asking to lower the orbit I can go under 5 meters (maybe you have a special tips ?).
was wondering how to avoid or cheat thoses limitations...

5m is a safety limit built in to the auto modes.

I'd suggest trying to find lower ground to set as your home point.  Let's say it is 2m lower than the area you wish to orbit.  As you get to your point of interest, you can set the auto-orbit at 7m (7m above your home, but only 5m above the ground at your point of interest.  That should satisfy the application's insistence that it has to fly above 5m, as it has no way of knowing what the actual terrain is like at your target.  Unfortunately you are out of luck if you are on a flat plain that doesn't have any dips or depressions nearby.  I haven't tried this trick myself, but it should work.
2022-2-5
Use props
djiuser_n0ImvSF5QyEM
New

Norway

I was having this problem the other day. I was on the top of a mountain and my homepoint was from the top. But I wanted to go lower than the top to do a poi, but it does not work since the safety feature is there.
Anyone know how to override this?
2023-6-23
Use props
fans07562c01
lvl.1

France

djiuser_n0ImvSF5QyEM Posted at 6-23 11:13
I was having this problem the other day. I was on the top of a mountain and my homepoint was from the top. But I wanted to go lower than the top to do a poi, but it does not work since the safety feature is there.
Anyone know how to override this?

Sorry, still looking for an alternative...
2023-6-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules