DJI OM 4 vs. 5 Panning Issues
2394 6 2022-2-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FPG
lvl.1

United States

Had so many problems with my DJI OM 5 and pan I ordered a DJI OM 4.

The DJI 5 tilts the phone vertically making pans unusable.

The DI 4 tilts the phone camera to the right. Why?

I have the phone calibrated with the Mimo app and in Photo and Video modes it is perfectly aligned. Once you go to Pano though it tilts to the left.

Also, why are the pano shots different and not tall enough when shot horizontal mode? 812kb or 767kb are unusuable shots. Need to be at least 1080.

The DJI 4 The vertical orientation is 1145px tall and the horiztonal 812kb.

The DJI 5 is 1157px tall and the horiztonal 767kb.

2022-2-1
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there FPG. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. May we please know what is the model of the mobile device that you are using please for us to be able to isolate the said issue. Thank you.
2022-2-1
Use props
FPG
lvl.1

United States

iPhone 11 Pro
2022-2-2
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, there. Thank you for your information. Could you give us some pictures or videos of the issue described to do a confirmation? We'd like to help you.
2022-2-3
Use props
FPG
lvl.1

United States

Sure. Attaching photos showing you the phone calibrates in Pano (tilted - first) and then Photo mode (correct vertical alignment - second.)

PLEASE NOTE, all pano photos have been reduced in size for this post to 301 px tall. Their original dimensions appear below.

DJI Vertical Pano 3740x1168

DJI Horizontal Pano 4268 x 802

iPhone Native Pano 12686x3728

So you can see obviously the DJI Panos, the horizon line is wrong because the phone tilts when you switch to Pano mode. You get a lot of the ceiling. If you switch to iPhone native Pano and manually scan the room or use the DJI joystick it's not only the right horizon line, the resolution is usable. 3728px iPhone vs. 1168px DJI? Can't figure out why DJI's resolution is so low, especially the horizontal orientation which is what you show in your demos. 802 px is horrible.

But yeah, the DJI 5 tilts vertically in Pano and to the side on DJI 4. Only thing you can do on the 5 is manually compensate using the selfie stick.

Honestly, if I had to guess, I think when you go to Pano mode the vertical tilt compensation is backwards. I think it should tilt the OTHER way to compensate for the selfie stick being all the way down. That would make perfect sense. The degree of tilt looks like if it went the other way it would level it out.

Please keep me posted.
2022-2-3
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

FPG Posted at 2-3 07:44
Sure. Attaching photos showing you the phone calibrates in Pano (tilted - first) and then Photo mode (correct vertical alignment - second.)
[view_image]
[view_image]

Hello, there. This "tilting" process is normal for the following reasons:
1. The functional theory of the "panoramic photo" mode is to take photos from multiple angles and then merge them into one complete picture;
2. Based on the above theory, the gimbal needs to be able to obtain the largest rotatable range to meet the multi-angle rotation requirements of the gimbal;
3. The center point of the maximum rotatable range of the gimbal is the gimbal angle when the mobile phone clip and the pan-axis base are perpendicular to each other;
4. When the DJI OM 5 is folding, the pan-axis is inclined relative to the desktop. Therefore, after entering the "Panorama Photo" mode, based on the above logic, the gimbal will tilt
We are sorry for your inconvenience, if you want to take a panoramic photo from the front direction, please pull out the extension rod of the DJI OM 5 and adjust the pan axis to a horizontal angle before shooting. Meanwhile, your advice will be forwarded to our designated teams. Thanks for your understanding and support.
2022-2-3
Use props
FPG
lvl.1

United States

Not sure I understand the wording of your response, but it seems to boil down to...

The DJI is calculating maximum Pano horizontal range, and in doing so, might tilt the phone. Unfortunately personally or client wise, no one wants a photo of their ceiling. LOL.

Sounds like you are also confirming since the shots are unusuable the only remedy is to manually compensate with the selfie stick bracket angle.

This is a workaround for DJI 5 but the DJI 4 tilts sideways with no workaround.

Is there going to be a software update that fixes these? Is it possible? ETA? If not might return both. Hate to see them hit the landfill or be incinerated since they came from Amazon or you to pay for the returns and them sit at Amazon in a trailer until who knows when.
2022-2-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules