New Osmo & Mimo Software
999 4 2022-2-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Westrix
New

Australia

I spent 3 hours comparing the market for the best value and reatures cameras and went with the Osmo Action.
It arrived with a dead battery so couldn't turn it on and let it charge for a few hours. Never had to do that with any device before.
Findally turned on and told me to activate teh device with the QR code taking me to a software download.
The Mimo Software would not even open on my Android Oppo Find X2, a very popoular global Android phone.

This issue still exist on your new Action 2 cameras, same software.
Suggest warning buyers that of your activation requirements and incompatible/buggy software limitations prior to purchase.
Took the device back for a refund. Dissapointed.
2022-2-1
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, there. Sorry for the unpleasant experience caused. You could check the compatibility list of Action 2 from this link: https://www.dji.com/dji-action-2/downloads
2022-2-2
Use props
IftiBashir
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ive had no problem with the Mimo app on my iPhone - not with the Osmo Action, and not with the Action 2 either. Granted, I do not like the fact that you have to 'activate' your camera before you can even get to use it (which I still think is just a DJI ploy to get your details unnecessarily) and I only ever use the app for updating firmware - nothing more - but it has always worked OK for me.
Seems like most app issue are on the Android side of things and its always been fine on iOS?.....
2022-2-2
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Current version of Mino on my iPhone 6 no longer works with the Action 2 - nor on my 2 Android phones - previous versions did.  Really annoying.
2022-2-2
Use props
Westrix
New

Australia

DJI Gamora Posted at 2-2 04:56
Hi, there. Sorry for the unpleasant experience caused. You could check the compatibility list of Action 2 from this link: https://www.dji.com/dji-action-2/downloads

Checked. Had issues installing it on my Samsung also (model not listed in your compatability list).
I've never had a .pkg that jsut wont even open on an android before. I actually called DJI technical support and the suggested fix to use the DJI Action Cam was to obtain a compatible phone...
The Quik app for GoPro works on all phones so just went with them for now.
Really wanted to use DJI Action cams as better value and prefer the DJI design, but your mimo software needs a lot of work and shocked at half the phones that dont work with the software. Osmo forum is full of mimo software issues. Will revisit DJI down the line.
2022-2-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules