Make drones autonomous and stealth
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Samasz2
lvl.1

Lithuania

Hi everybody,
Im here for educational purposes, im writing my mester thesis which is related with drone detection systems based on Radiofrequency detection. I know that with some drones you can fly autonomously withouth remote controller (we need it lets say just to plan waypoints and then i can switch of the remote controller). First question would be - If i do that, do the drone trasnmit radiowaves? (2.4 ghz or 5.8 etc.) or can i switch off trasnmiting so making it stealth to radiofreuency detection?

best regards
2022-2-2
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You cant turn off the radio in the Mavics, it will continuously look for a controller to connect to.
2022-2-3
Use props
Samasz2
lvl.1

Lithuania

well, i know phantom 4 and probably phantom 3 turns off its radiovawes transmiting automaticly, if you turn off remote controler. Its just strange that works differently.
2022-2-3
Use props
UKMoose
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3657552 ft
United Kingdom

Surely if you turn off your Controller RTH will be initiated.
2022-2-3
Use props
Samasz2
lvl.1

Lithuania

Please tell me what do you mean by RTH?
2022-2-3
Use props
UKMoose
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3657552 ft
United Kingdom

Samasz2 Posted at 2-3 02:51
Please tell me what do you mean by RTH?

Yes dji drones know if the controller disconnects from the drone and initiates RTH (return to home)
It will fly back automatically to the point it took off from.
2022-2-3
Use props
Mats Bohlinsson
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1838077 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

UKMoose Posted at 2-3 05:22
Yes dji drones know if the controller disconnects from the drone and initiates RTH (return to home)
It will fly back automatically to the point it took off from.

Don't beleive everything folks say here :-)
In waypoint mission you can set the drone to continue mission in case of disconnect.

If it transmit anything if the rc is off? I don't know, only way to tell for sure, is to check with an rf-meter.

2022-2-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules