DJI Mavic 3 Quick Transfer - New Feature

2022-2-2
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nice find DA.    Quick transfer appears to be a very handy function.
2022-2-2
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 2-2 11:44
Nice find DA.    Quick transfer appears to be a very handy function.

Its on the mini2 but Ive never found it very reliable or quick,  maybe the last fly app updates have made it better,   I will have to try it again sometime.
2022-2-3
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 2-3 00:03
Its on the mini2 but Ive never found it very reliable or quick,  maybe the last fly app updates have made it better,   I will have to try it again sometime.

I never noticed it was on the Mini 2.  Guess I just don't pay enough attention.  
2022-2-3
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 2-3 04:22
I never noticed it was on the Mini 2.  Guess I just don't pay enough attention.

2022-2-4
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 2-4 00:12
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFchKVoEBvc

Thanks DA.  Tried it and it worked perfectly.  
2022-2-4
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 2-4 03:20
Thanks DA.  Tried it and it worked perfectly.

I must try it again too,   last time it was clunky to connect and then the exif on the files was missing.
2022-2-5
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 2-5 00:50
I must try it again too,   last time it was clunky to connect and then the exif on the files was missing.

I checked but don't have any missing EXIF on the transferred files.  
2022-2-5
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 2-5 04:42
I checked but don't have any missing EXIF on the transferred files.

Maybe its fixed,  last time I did it the files last their name and the location data was missing.
2022-2-6
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 2-6 01:40
Maybe its fixed,  last time I did it the files last their name and the location data was missing.

Could be.  
2022-2-7
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

As soon as priorities allow I will try it again,  sadly ran out of time yesterday due to chiselling.
2022-2-7
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 2-7 23:52
As soon as priorities allow I will try it again,  sadly ran out of time yesterday due to chiselling.

Oh, that's right you were going to be removing tile.  
2022-2-8
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 2-8 11:32
Oh, that's right you were going to be removing tile.

Yes,  all the tile and 99% of the adhesive is now removed,  today I will tackle the last little bit of adhesive and then start lifting the blown concrete slab.
2022-2-8
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 2-8 23:32
Yes,  all the tile and 99% of the adhesive is now removed,  today I will tackle the last little bit of adhesive and then start lifting the blown concrete slab.

You are definitely braver than me to tackle that project.  I'd be in over my head quickly and have to hire a professional.  
2022-2-9
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 2-9 04:10
You are definitely braver than me to tackle that project.  I'd be in over my head quickly and have to hire a professional.

Beginning to wish I had done that,   Its been a lot harder getting the tile up than I had expected.
2022-2-10
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 2-10 00:24
Beginning to wish I had done that,   Its been a lot harder getting the tile up than I had expected.

I've never tried to remove tile but I have no doubt it is a difficult project.  Especially since you don't know how much adhesive was put down when whoever tiled last.
2022-2-11
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 2-11 12:26
I've never tried to remove tile but I have no doubt it is a difficult project.  Especially since you don't know how much adhesive was put down when whoever tiled last.

The original floor was very off level so the previous people had unto an inch in places of adhesive which meant over the years the tiles have come loose or cracked.     Its something Ive been meaning to do for a while.  Pretty much since I ran out of the orginal tiles.    The new tiles I bought just before C19 so you can see how long Ive been delaying bitting the bullet.
2022-2-12
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 2-12 01:48
The original floor was very off level so the previous people had unto an inch in places of adhesive which meant over the years the tiles have come loose or cracked.     Its something Ive been meaning to do for a while.  Pretty much since I ran out of the orginal tiles.    The new tiles I bought just before C19 so you can see how long Ive been delaying bitting the bullet.

Yeah, that is quite the delay in commencing the project.  Sounds like the previous people were "rookies" and overdid the adhesive considerably.
2022-2-12
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 2-12 05:54
Yeah, that is quite the delay in commencing the project.  Sounds like the previous people were "rookies" and overdid the adhesive considerably.

The concrete under the tiles one side of the room had very little cement in it,  so it crumbles like sand.  The other half of the room the floor is higher so when they tiled they used more adhesive to compensate for the change in height,   the combination of the weak concrete and the large amount of adhesive meant over the years the tiles came loose and had to be replaced.    Ive been repairing in places for many years but now Ive run out of tiles its time to sort it properly,  and to be fair I've put this off for a decade.
2022-2-13
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 2-13 00:29
The concrete under the tiles one side of the room had very little cement in it,  so it crumbles like sand.  The other half of the room the floor is higher so when they tiled they used more adhesive to compensate for the change in height,   the combination of the weak concrete and the large amount of adhesive meant over the years the tiles came loose and had to be replaced.    Ive been repairing in places for many years but now Ive run out of tiles its time to sort it properly,  and to be fair I've put this off for a decade.

As you say....now time for a proper repair.  
2022-2-13
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 2-13 12:20
As you say....now time for a proper repair.

Last of the repair is complete and it really feels better under foot,  should be a nice strong base now.
2022-2-14
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 2-14 00:16
Last of the repair is complete and it really feels better under foot,  should be a nice strong base now.

Ahh, beer time.  

Bet you are glad that project is finally done.  
2022-2-14
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 2-14 13:10
Ahh, beer time.  

Bet you are glad that project is finally done.

Yes I had a few,  I will admit that.
2022-2-15
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 2-15 00:16
Yes I had a few,  I will admit that.

Nothing wrong with a celebratory drink or two, or three.  
2022-2-15
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 2-15 04:28
Nothing wrong with a celebratory drink or two, or three.

That was a threes.   
2022-2-16
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 2-16 00:20
That was a threes.

2022-2-16
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Good video!
2022-2-18
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

No probs Peter.
2022-2-19
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

You're welcome.
2022-2-19
Use props
fans6d962cec
lvl.1
Flight distance : 147785 ft
United States

This is an amazing feature when it works...I have a mavic 3 and use it with an ipad mini6, it is hit or miss as to whether or not the quick transfer will actually initiate a transfer, most of the time after selecting and then sync to phone album it just hangs at 0% until it tells me it failed and to tap and retry. I have uninstalled and re installed the app, power cycled everything, tried different recording formats...I can not find anything to mimic it on demand...well it actually doesnt work more often than not. Would love to know what the deal is and what Im doing when it does work???
2022-2-19
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fans6d962cec Posted at 2-19 15:54
This is an amazing feature when it works...I have a mavic 3 and use it with an ipad mini6, it is hit or miss as to whether or not the quick transfer will actually initiate a transfer, most of the time after selecting and then sync to phone album it just hangs at 0% until it tells me it failed and to tap and retry. I have uninstalled and re installed the app, power cycled everything, tried different recording formats...I can not find anything to mimic it on demand...well it actually doesnt work more often than not. Would love to know what the deal is and what Im doing when it does work???

Ive noticed that the exif and file names are getting mangled with it.  
2022-2-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules